Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Championship - Most competive league in Europe ?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 pm

Don't you love this league .. No easy game and difficult to predict the results .
3pts separate the top 10 teams ! - You won't see this any other league :old:

Re: The Championship - Most competive league in Europe ?

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:17 am

Championship then Bundesliga. The Premiership for me is boring until the final few games.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:26 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Championship then Bundesliga. The Premiership for me is boring until the final few games.

That's why we are spending millions and changing out colours to get there? :roll:

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:31 am

No Smoking wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:Championship then Bundesliga. The Premiership for me is boring until the final few games.

That's why we are spending millions and changing out colours to get there? :roll:

We are doing it for financial reasons as well as to try and make a push for European football. Moving up the pyramid also benefits the local community massively which is why it does my head in when non footballing fans slag off football.

Not only that but people remember trips to Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, etc. The days out are memorable and our players will want to prove themselves against some of the top players in the world.

However, for me, in terms of overall competitiveness the league is boring. The Championship however is exciting as it gets. Not many would have predicted Reading and Southampton for auto's last year.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:41 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
No Smoking wrote:

We are doing it for financial reasons as well as to try and make a push for European football. Moving up the pyramid also benefits the local community massively which is why it does my head in when non footballing fans slag off football.

Not only that but people remember trips to Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, etc. The days out are memorable and our players will want to prove themselves against some of the top players in the world.

However, for me, in terms of overall competitiveness the league is boring. The Championship however is exciting as it gets. Not many would have predicted Reading and Southampton for auto's last year.

Let's give up now then. seems bleak.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:19 am

I've said many times on here that the Championship has a lot to be admired, the Premier League is great for the club etc. Yet in many ways I preferred the Championship to a lot of the overhyped nonsense in the Prem.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 am

I think I'm going to miss the Championship when we're out of it, we've been here so long :lol:

My mate is a Stoke fan and says the Prem isn't as 'fun' to be in. He says it just lacks the passion unless you're playing a rival or important match

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 am

Here is the best way to work it out...

Realistically, at the start of the Season, how many teams in the championship could you imagine challenging for the top spots? (I would say at least half the division, not counting outsiders like Norwich and Southampton the past couple of years)

Now do the same for the Premier League... :(

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:50 am

scotsjack wrote:I've said many times on here that the Championship has a lot to be admired, the Premier League is great for the club etc. Yet in many ways I preferred the Championship to a lot of the overhyped nonsense in the Prem.

The championship is the real premier league,
real homegrown talent

premier league is full of overpaid tycoons and foreign players many who spoil the tradition we once had in this country

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:55 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:
scotsjack wrote:I've said many times on here that the Championship has a lot to be admired, the Premier League is great for the club etc. Yet in many ways I preferred the Championship to a lot of the overhyped nonsense in the Prem.

The championship is the real premier league,
real homegrown talent

premier league is full of overpaid tycoons and foreign players many who spoil the tradition we once had in this country

You do realise that we currently pay our players every bit of income we have, plus loans on top just to cover it right?

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:20 pm

premier league is turning too much into a soap opera for me. too much bias, drama etc there only seems to be the odd exciting game every week now.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:42 pm

No Smoking wrote:

When you say WE you really mean us don't you ?