Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

i was hoping for a 23,000 crowd today

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 pm

maybe blackpool didnt bring to many,maybe people didnt fancy blackpool,maybe the walk up price is just to expensive :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: i was hoping for a 23,000 crowd today

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Possibly a mixture of all. Blackpool brought about 500 fans by the look of it. This demand pricing is annoying people, but the way to get around that is to book early. This was a big game today mind, cracking win

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:29 pm

I've noticed this season the queues outside the ticket office have been really short before matches, these prices are pissing people off now. Hopefully people learn and book early :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:40 pm

When you think of where we are in league it is lower than we have come to expect.
Best time to watch Cardiff in years atm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:45 pm

CantonJack wrote:I've noticed this season the queues outside the ticket office have been really short before matches, these prices are pissing people off now. Hopefully people learn and book early :ayatollah:

How much more expensive are match day prices compared to last season then?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Its a difficult one. Im not an ST but piled in 2 weeks ago as I thought this was a top game. As it was there was only 1 side in it but great that that was us.

However at 25 quid+ a pop I think the days of a strong walk up are gone.

I just think most people who really want to watch the
city are either sts, or like myself someone whos regretting not gettimg an st.

Its a difficult one do you sell ticks really cheap to bump the numbers? But that will upset Sts who ate supposed to be gettimg a deal? Or do you continue with this staggered ticket price which is great for me at 21.00 a pop but never gonna sell out at 30.00

Tough one

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
CantonJack wrote:I've noticed this season the queues outside the ticket office have been really short before matches, these prices are pissing people off now. Hopefully people learn and book early :ayatollah:

Today maybe £2.

There has never been much of a queue at the TO on match days.

In fact at the West ham play-off game I just wandered in 30 mins before k.o straight to a desk to pick up the extra ticket I needed and it was cheap as hell for tickets that night and 23000 had been sold in a few days, but virtually nothing on the night.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Last season adult tickets were £25 in most areas of the ground, they went up to £32 for Leeds and £31 today. £18 for U-16's on the gate today as well :shock:

They need to stop increasing the prices after a certain point IMO

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:05 pm

CantonJack wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Last season adult tickets were £25 in most areas of the ground, they went up to £32 for Leeds and £31 today. £18 for U-16's on the gate today as well :shock:

Are you saure about this ?

My mate paid £17 and a fiver for his kid, bought 1/2 hour before the game for Canton/GS corner

Also I'm sure MATCH DAY tickets were £28/£29 last season.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

My mate paid £17 and a fiver for his kid, bought 1/2 hour before the game for Canton/GS corner

I think there was an overflow family area for today. Not sure about it but that's what I heard

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Well I was paying about £28 way in advance for Ninian stand tickets last season.

Loving the new system, means my dad is going to lots more games.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:10 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I think there was an overflow family area for today. Not sure about it but that's what I heard

Probably what he did.

TBH I can't see why the club don't do this and advertise it as available every week even if its just 1 block of 800-1000

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Well I was paying about £28 way in advance for Ninian stand tickets last season.

Yep there will be winners and losers from the new system its just we won't hear half as much form the people who benefit from it.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Well I was paying about £28 way in advance for Ninian stand tickets last season.

Fair enough, I don't fully understand how the system works, I benefit from it as well as I get my tickets for £9 or £10

I still think they should have a price cap on it though :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:38 pm

krabb wrote:maybe blackpool didnt bring to many,maybe people didnt fancy blackpool,maybe the walk up price is just to expensive :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You think your prices are dear? Have a look at some of ours.

£28 - £39 :o

Still manged over 26,000 today with Birmingham bringing less than a thousand.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Apathy with the rebrand lots of people don't seem bothered.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Brighton & hove Albion wrote:
krabb wrote:maybe blackpool didnt bring to many,maybe people didnt fancy blackpool,maybe the walk up price is just to expensive :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its alot of money to pay,especially if you take children, :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Its much more wealthier in your part of the world, South Wales, is more working class.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:58 pm

krabb wrote:

Its alot of money to pay,especially if you take children, :ayatollah:

To be honest I don't know how people can afford to take children these days, god forbid what the prices will be if you/us reach the promice land. Fans should vote with their feet. It's out of order. New years day at Ipswich, we're being charged £40 - £50 pay on the day, feck that. I'll be in Amsterdam but even if I wasn't then theres no way I'd pay that. No fecking way!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Its much more wealthier in your part of the world, South Wales, is more working class.

And that's why our club charge so much as they know they can get away with it. Brighton is a very weathly area and people have cash. That's why the tide has changed and is turning. Clubs like Palace, Millwall and nothern teams are miles behind us now and will do for the forseeble future. Clubs have old ground and have no income whereas our ground is like an ATM machine.

Receivevd your books today, was in bed on my laptop and heard a thud, thought, must the books :mrgreen: and they were Signed copys as well, well inpressed unlike the usall crap you get from the council etc when there're massed signed so thanks mate for personally signing them. Also, The 2nd book all glossy, thought of us readers :ayatollah:

Starting to read the first one and upto Chesterfield away so far.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

And that's why our club charge so much as they know they can get away with it. Brighton is a very weathly area and people have cash. That's why the tide has changed and is turning. Clubs like Palace, Millwall and nothern teams are miles behind us now and will do for the forseeble future. Clubs have old ground and have no income whereas our ground is like an ATM machine.

Receivevd your books today, was in bed on my laptop and heard a thud, thought, must the books :mrgreen: and they were Signed copys as well, well inpressed unlike the usall crap you get from the council etc when there're massed signed so thanks mate for personally signing them. Also, The 2nd book all glossy, thought of us readers :ayatollah:

Starting to read the first one and upto Chesterfield away so far.

Cheers for that, really hope you enjoy them and your really welcome. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:02 pm

TBH with the squad we have and our position in the league we should be getting near total sellouts every home game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Prehaps people dont want to watch city play in red. RTB

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:17 pm

looking at other clubs like boro, bolton, ipswich, brum, hull and blackurn struggerling to get 18,000 i reckon we're doing ok. even derby and forest arent much better than us. we are lucky to have an investor, thats what other clubs fans keep telling me anyway.