Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stuart Pearce at CCS today then.....

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Who was he watching?

Re: Stuart Pearce at CCS today then.....

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Has to be Noone. HE is class.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Matt Phillips possibly

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Id guess at Delfouneso, prob thought he was starting, and think hes a U21 player. Noone is far to old. and he wasnt there for the england squad. Funnily enough the scout for england is our old Asst manager. Butts is the main scout i believe for england. Pearce is back to watching u21 players and thats it.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:45 pm

We've got a lad who can take a mean free kick - perhaps he was watching Whitts!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:47 pm

davids wrote:We've got a lad who can take a mean free kick - perhaps he was watching Whitts!

Under 21s?, f**k it, Whitts can do what he wants :ayatollah: :lol:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Id guess at Delfouneso, prob thought he was starting, and think hes a U21 player. Noone is far to old. and he wasnt there for the england squad. Funnily enough the scout for england is our old Asst manager. Butts is the main scout i believe for england. Pearce is back to watching u21 players and thats it.

He is 24. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bothroyd got called up at 28, Ashley Young at 22 Im sure it was in 07. You are having a laugh. Far too old my arse. :lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:01 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:Id guess at Delfouneso, prob thought he was starting, and think hes a U21 player. Noone is far to old. and he wasnt there for the england squad. Funnily enough the scout for england is our old Asst manager. Butts is the main scout i believe for england. Pearce is back to watching u21 players and thats it.

Bothroyd got called up at 28, Ashley Young at 22 Im sure it was in 07. You are having a laugh. Far too old my arse. :lol: :lol:

errrr.....Pearce is the under 21 manager.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:02 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:

Looks like you're having a weston-super-CCMB 'MARE

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Delfouneso, Matt Phillips and Tom Ince for sure. Glad Ince didn't make it today he is quality and in last u21 squad

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:27 pm

bluebird_mike wrote:Matt Phillips possibly

The Scotland international?

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:27 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:

for the England u21's!

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 am

Makes me laugh shows how much some of you actually follow football... Stuart Pearce watching Matt Philips?

You might want to find out what nationality he is before making yourselves look stupid.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:37 am

Mardon89 wrote:Makes me laugh shows how much some of you actually follow football... Stuart Pearce watching Matt Philips?

You might want to find out what nationality he is before making yourselves look stupid.

Im pretty sure that he only has 1 cap for scotland, and thats a friendly. Until he plays a full competitive game for scotland then he is still able to be capped for england.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:43 am

Ramstein blue wrote:
Mardon89 wrote:Makes me laugh shows how much some of you actually follow football... Stuart Pearce watching Matt Philips?

Im pretty sure that he only has 1 cap for scotland, and thats a friendly. Until he plays a full competitive game for scotland then he is still able to be capped for england.

Not true at all. :?

Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:45 am

No Smoking wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:

Jermaine Jones is key point to this. Played 4 games for Germany, all friendlies. Now plays for the USA. Friendlies are considered by FIFA as "unofficial games"

Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:47 am

Ramstein blue wrote:
No Smoking wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:

Jermaine Jones is key point to this. Played 4 games for Germany, all friendlies. Now plays for the USA. Friendlies are considered by FIFA as "unofficial games"

No they aren't.

There are no friendlies in international football as you get FIFA ranked on them.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:28 am

No Smoking wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:
No Smoking wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:

No they aren't.

There are no friendlies in international football as you get FIFA ranked on them.

Friendly match appearances do not commit a player to one country (though a player is usually able to switch to another national side only if he held the nationality of the second country at the time he represented his first choice national team); Jermaine Jones played several friendlies for Germany in 2008 but has played for the United States since 2010.[23] A second instance is Belgium-born midfielder Mehdi Carcela-González, who has two caps for the Belgium in official friendly matches, but has played for Morocco since 2011.[24][25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_eligibility_rules

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:38 am

Surely he would have been there looking at Tom Ince? (And the England old boys network continues...)

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 am

Daniel M wrote:
No Smoking wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:
No Smoking wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:

No they aren't.

Friendly match appearances do not commit a player to one country (though a player is usually able to switch to another national side only if he held the nationality of the second country at the time he represented his first choice national team); Jermaine Jones played several friendlies for Germany in 2008 but has played for the United States since 2010.[23] A second instance is Belgium-born midfielder Mehdi Carcela-González, who has two caps for the Belgium in official friendly matches, but has played for Morocco since 2011.[24][25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_eligibility_rules

Cheers pal, i thought i was right, and read something on JJ over here recently.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:48 am

scotsjack wrote:Surely he would have been there looking at Tom Ince? (And the England old boys network continues...)

I thought It would be Ince at first, but im sure it was said on the friday that he wasnt playing. I dont really think we have anyone who is on the u21 radar at the moment. So must have been blackpool players.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:49 am

Whitts for England :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:
scotsjack wrote:Surely he would have been there looking at Tom Ince? (And the England old boys network continues...)

I thought It would be Ince at first, but im sure it was said on the friday that he wasnt playing. I dont really think we have anyone who is on the u21 radar at the moment. So must have been blackpool players.

Yeh would have been Blackpool players yesterday. Jordon Mutch I would have said normally but he was injured.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Daniel M wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:

Yeh would have been Blackpool players yesterday. Jordon Mutch I would have said normally but he was injured.

forgot about mutch.