Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Academy Prices for youngsters

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:57 am

Hi All, I am curious as to what other parents think about the monthly direct debits that are asked of us when our child is offered a place in the academy? My Son was selected after trials last season,however I was unable to afford the fee's,travel costs etc. I have been advised by his local team coach that if he's good enough, you should not have to pay these big clubs all that money. I would just like others views on this as I do not want my son to miss out on these opportunities due to financial problems,and do not want to be missled with incorrect info. I'd be greatful of any response,Thankyou :D

Re: Academy Prices for youngsters

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:18 pm

If its an true academy a d not a centre of excellence or development / coaching centre then you should not be asked to pay My son was part of the Cardiff Academy and was not asked to pay for training at all

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 pm

You don't havee to pay to be in the academy only the coaching centres which are £30 for 6 weeks in total £5 a week .

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:54 pm

If your paying training block fees then your son is in a Development Centre and not the Academy. The fees are very reasonable and I think an absolute bargain for what you get. Yep, plenty of traveling too but its all good. The Centre's and Community Foundation team do an absolutely outstanding job and we are very lucky to have them. They are classified as a charity and so all fees go back into the Foundation and not the club. We really are very, very lucky to have this as a resource. :ayatollah: