Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ian Hollway its something I never expected to see at Cardiff

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:10 am

Blackpool boss Holloway admits Cardiff City in red is "a bit weird"
Sep 28 2012

Malky Mackay takes on Ian Holloway

IAN Holloway admits it will be ‘weird’ to see Cardiff City play in red shirts tomorrow.

The Blackpool manager admits that’s not something he ever expected to see.

“It’s going to be weird, with them now in red,” said Holloway. “They’ve always been blue and their name is The Bluebirds. Now it’s not.

“It’s all a bit weird isn’t it?

“I know how tough it’s going to be. Cardiff will have a partisan crowd like they always do.

“Their fans are really passionate.

“You have Malaysian businessmen changing the colour of someone’s kit because they think it’s lucky.

“They’ve bought Bellamy and Maynard, so God only knows what they are risking on all of this.”

Both Blackpool and Cardiff City need to bounce back from Championship defeats, against Huddersfield and Crystal Palace respectively.

Holloway has well over 40 full-time professionals at Blackpool, while Mackay has improved his squad’s strength in depth by some way this season.

“No club spent as much as Cardiff coming into this season,” says Holloway. “Hopefully that will stand them in good stead, but not this weekend.

“We’ll have to try and impose our game on them. We did it last year there, hopefully we can again.”

Blackpool won 3-1 at Cardiff City Stadium last season, while the teams drew 1-1 at Bloomfield Road. Kevin Phillips scored in both matches, while Matt Phillips scored two in Cardiff.

Both are in their squad for tomorrow’s match as Holloway contemplates making changes to the team he sent out against Huddersfield last Monday.

He had made big changes before each of the previous two games and won both, but then stuck with the same starting line up from a 4-1 win against Middlesbrough when they played Huddersfield.

Holloway has plenty of players to select from and looks certain to freshen up his team.

He will be without Craig Cathcart, who is ruled out by a calf tear sustained against Huddersfield.

CARDIFF City will tomorrow pay a full tribute to their former manager Jimmy Andrews, who passed away earlier this month aged 85.

A minutes applause will be held at Cardiff City Stadium before kick-off for the match against Blackpool (3pm).

Members of Jimmy’s family are unable to attend the match and a club spokesman said: “We will pay tribute to Jimmy tomorrow and hope his family will come to a home match later this season.

“Our invitation is open whenever they want to come.”

Scottish winger Andrews played for Dundee, West Ham, Leyton Orient and Queen's Park Rangers, while became assistant to Cardiff City manager Frank O’Farrell in 1973. Andrews took over the number one role the following year when O’Farrell took charge of the Iran national team.

He was City manager until 1978.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z27kGtpzCN

Re: Ian Hollway its something I never expected to see at Cardiff

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:14 am

holloway reminds me of warnock both good wth the mind games,lets just hope we shut him up this saturday :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:44 am

caerblue wrote:holloway reminds me of warnock both good wth the mind games,lets just hope we shut him up this saturday :ayatollah:

I was thinking the same only Holloway is the dwarf version of Warnock. ;)

Not really looking forward to the game tomorrow as our record against Blackpool is not good. 1-0 with a goal off Helguson backside will do for me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:46 am

Blackpool boss Holloway admits Cardiff City in red is "a bit weird"
Sep 28 2012 ...............For God sake man give it a rest

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am

Very subtle "mindgames" indeed, Ollie. I've seen less obvious bollocks on a bulldog's arse to be honest. Mindgames, eh? OK. We love you and your style of football combined with no-frills and underdog tenaciousness. Love it. We were gutted it wasn't us going up but we all actually wanted you guys to kick on in the prem, a team keeping it real in a modern-football-is-rubbish world. How refreshing. But here's the thing. ......if we're really, really honest here.......you know & I know that,.....you just don't really belong there, do you? Your Plan A was sussed by mid-season (note this bit Jacks) and as of Plan B? There was and is none. It must be very tough to go all that way and truly earn the respect and support of every club, player, manager and fan, only to immediately slide back down again. It was a shame to see you moping into your tea in a Blackpool greasy spoon on a cold, dark, rainy morning on Football Focus last year. You looked gutted and exhausted only as a man can look when he has truly tried his best but come back down to find his true level and his reality. Up and down. Up and down. Tomorrow you will sub 3 at 65 minutes. We have the bench to do that one too now. You looked at home in that cafe though. The cheap mind-games are just that. Cheap. Not good and doesn't suit you.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 am

angelis49 wrote:Blackpool boss Holloway admits Cardiff City in red is "a bit weird"

Boring in it.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:48 am

Just noticed Ollie forgot to mention the £16m Premier League parachute payments Blackpool are receiving this year. Down to £8m next year Ollie if you don't get promoted.

God knows what will happen Ollie if you don't get promoted.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:16 am

it,s very strange, Cardiff City will always be the Bluebirds and thought of as blue, this red shix is just a whim :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:35 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
angelis49 wrote:Blackpool boss Holloway admits Cardiff City in red is "a bit weird"

Boring in it.

about as boring as you red lot saying it's boring :roll:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:11 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

Boring in it.

about as boring as you red lot saying it's boring :roll:

Im not ie the red lot its just i just get on with watching football. I find other teams managers who keep quoting the same red shit boring
F*ck holoway

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 pm

No club spent as much as Cardiff coming into this season,” says Holloway. “Hopefully that will stand them in good stead, but not this weekend.

Mind games? Hah. Should get his facts right first surely.

I hates the Roland rat looking cnut

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:19 pm

PISSFLAP FACE. :lol: CCFC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: 3- 2 to CITY.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Why are they all minutes' applause these days? What happened to minutes of silence?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Why are they all minutes' applause these days? What happened to minutes of silence?

bad boys seem to like to shout OUT. CCFC :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:43 pm

I never thought it would ever happen either. :cry:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:48 pm

valleycasual wrote:No club spent as much as Cardiff coming into this season,” says Holloway. “Hopefully that will stand them in good stead, but not this weekend.

Mind games? Hah. Should get his facts right first surely.

I hates the Roland rat looking cnut

Also showing his ignorance as Blackburn have spent a fair bit more.