Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: John Terry found guilty

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:22 pm

John Terry: "Is NOT a racist. Racism is a crime, and crime is for black people.".. :mrgreen:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Does. This mean anyone using foul abusive language at apponant. Can be reported to fa? Because it sounds like. It?

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Does. This mean anyone using foul abusive language at apponant. Can be reported to fa? Because it sounds like. It?

Law 12 states that any player who uses insulting, abusive or offensive language or gestures will be sent off. :?

If that law was applied in all cases how many games would get finished. Brings the whole Respect campaign into perspective doesn't it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Well. As I see it any player. Can accuse another of abusing them! Ref doesn't. Have to report. It. As it wasnt in jt case.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Well. As I see it any player. Can accuse another of abusing them! Ref doesn't. Have to report. It. As it wasnt in jt case.

It was a member of the public who reported Terry to the police not AF. AF only found out about this after the game when news spread like wildfire on social network sites and of course the video. The police asked the CPS to take action because of a complaint by a member of the public.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Well if Castleblue is a higher authority than the Courts, and if he has come to the conclusion Terry is guilty we must all except his words and condemn Terry without mercy :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Well if Castleblue is a higher authority than the Courts, and if he has come to the conclusion Terry is guilty we must all except his words and condemn Terry without mercy :roll: :roll: :roll:

Come down off the cross Nukes someone else needs the wood.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:07 pm

castleblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Well if Castleblue is a higher authority than the Courts, and if he has come to the conclusion Terry is guilty we must all except his words and condemn Terry without mercy :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah you want to put Terry on it :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Why is it that his brother Rio has not been charged with racial abuse against Andy Cole.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:17 pm

rontom wrote:Why is it that his brother Rio has not been charged with racial abuse against Andy Cole.

He did get charged i believe. Just done on the quiet and the papers hardly reported it because a Black Man being Racist doesn't sell as many Papers as if a White person done it.
Hmm racism in itself

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Suarez - uses racist language on the pitch - 8 game ban

Terry - uses racist language on the pitch - 4 game ban and fine

Both on a balance of probabilities as that is proven in the Suarez case and will have to be the case in the Terry trial because he was already found not guilty in a court of law.

Is it any wonder Liverpool FC think the FA hate them or have something against them?

There is definitely some bias and if this type of thing were to happen to one of our players I'd be livid.

The FA are not consistent at all, are corrupt as it gets and this just adds further icing on the top of the cake to prove it.

The real racists are the FA. Suarez got an 8 game ban because he's not one of England's own.

The FA are a disgrace.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Yeah you want to put Terry on it :lol: :lol:

No I don't and neither do I consider myself a higher authority than a court of law, but having read the reasons behind the judgement of Mr Riddle the district judge who heard the case against Terry it is clear why he had to be found not guilty of a criminal offence.

He was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence and yet the CPS put forward no witnesses to say they had either seen or heard what JT said. The CPS appeared to rely on the evidence of expert lip readers who accepted that lip readeing was an art rather than an exact science. How on earth can anyone be found guilty when there are no witnesses, even AF said in court that he never heard JT say "You black c**t". The only reason it wasn't thrown out of court was JT himself admitted saying the words albeit saying he was only repeating what was said to him. You cannot find someone guilty of a criminal offence when there is not absolute proof why he said what he said.

But the FA situation is different as JT admitted to them that he did shout "You Black c**t, you f**king knobhead" at AF. The FA charged JT with using insulting and abusive language which included a reference to colour. This is not a criminal offence but by JT evidence he has broken FA rules and the laws of the game.

So he gets a nice ban and what a weeks pay as a fine I think he got off lightly.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
rontom wrote:Why is it that his brother Rio has not been charged with racial abuse against Andy Cole.

He did get charged i believe. Just done on the quiet and the papers hardly reported it because a Black Man being Racist doesn't sell as many Papers as if a White person done it.
Hmm racism in itself

Thanks always puzzled me that

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Hmm racism in itself

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18847477

Rio was charged and found guilty of responding to a tweet which included reference to colour but he didn't post the comment. It was reported by all media organisations and on the FA website.

The comparison with Suarez is the most interesting as JT has only been given half the ban and of course the FA have broken their own rules by holding a disciplinary panel after a court case. But then again it was JT blood sucking lawyers who asked the FA to hold back their hearing until after the court case had been heard.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:32 pm

You can be anyone you want on the internet. Its amazing the amount of people that choose to be ignorant.

This case had nothing to do with the case in the criminal courts.

Terry was found innocent because he did not commit a crime.

Fine.

The FA case was because he did use racist words on a football pitch. Which he did. So he's guilty.

The argument that "Ferdinand probably said it too" is ridiculous.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 pm

DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:You can be anyone you want on the internet. Its amazing the amount of people that choose to be ignorant.

Fine.

The FA case was because he did use racist words on a football pitch. Which he did. So he's guilty.

ahhh but looking at explanation for fa charging him, its seems they side stepped legal charges by refraizing charge to using foul and abusive language ect ect, which of course we all no he did, but in that case anyone using foul and abusive language at another player is guity as well, finally surely if not reported by ref it couldnt have been that loudly said only fans complaint started this so on sat eve i shall complain to police that holloway used such language, ( as he surely will) and i was upset ect ect because thats how jt got done wasnt it???

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19749030

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:57 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ootball%29

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand. He gets a fine and a four match ban :ayatollah:

But found NOT guilty in a Court of law. :ayatollah:

Well that's not really the whole story is it?

Are you suggesting that any incident on the football pitch MUST be deemed chargeable in a court of law before the FA can charge a player? Of course that's nonsense as the FA couldn't issue any fines or bans because most breeches of the rules governing football would not be accepted or charged in a legal setting.

The FA have every right to charge Terry who admitted using racially aggravated language towards a fellow professional. The FA could not charge him before now as there was a legal case brought by a member of the public.

I don;t see what the fuse is about and why people think that because a court could not charge him that the FA shouldn't.

FA govern the laws of the game and the justice system govern the laws of the land. Not guilty in one doesn't mean you cannot be found guilty in another.

Let's hope he accepts his fine, accepts his ban and then let's all move on, hopefully with everyone learning their lesson.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 am

I find it really crazy that we now live in a society where you can basically throw all sorts of hurtful abuse at someone with as many ****'s and *****'s as you like, as long as you don't mention their skin colour or where they are from. :shock:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:26 am

Berwyn wrote:I find it really crazy that we now live in a society where you can basically throw all sorts of hurtful abuse at someone with as many ****'s and *****'s as you like, as long as you don't mention their skin colour or where they are from. :shock:

I find that really crazy too.

Probably because its completely not true...

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:34 am

pembroke allan wrote:
DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:You can be anyone you want on the internet. Its amazing the amount of people that choose to be ignorant.

Fine.

ahhh but looking at explanation for fa charging him, its seems they side stepped legal charges by refraizing charge to using foul and abusive language ect ect, which of course we all no he did, but in that case anyone using foul and abusive language at another player is guity as well, finally surely if not reported by ref it couldnt have been that loudly said only fans complaint started this so on sat eve i shall complain to police that holloway used such language, ( as he surely will) and i was upset ect ect because thats how jt got done wasnt it???

There is an FA campaign against racism. If the they had a campaign called "Kick Swear Words Out Of Football" then by all means report Holloway, you grass.

Terry referenced skin colour in a derogitory manner. That is not allowed on the pitch. The courts decided that it wasn't a criminal racist charge, fair enough, the FA decided that he used racist words on a football pitch. That is against the rules and punishable with a ban/ fine.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:42 am

DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:
Berwyn wrote:I find it really crazy that we now live in a society where you can basically throw all sorts of hurtful abuse at someone with as many ****'s and *****'s as you like, as long as you don't mention their skin colour or where they are from. :shock:

I find that really crazy too.

Probably because its completely not true...

I saw this article written by none other than Jeremy Clarkson, who admittedly is a complete knob, but did show a valid point that was hard to argue against.
He showed copies of posts on Twitter. He'd had a go at some celeb or something which resulted in massive amounts of posts slagging him off in return. Knowing him it was probably deserved. But he listed everything that was said about him and this slagging session was well known about on Twitter. Yet no one at all said anything about the people posting these vile comments about the lanky git. He then compared that to instances of the Twitter police arresting individuals for posting things that were extremely mild in comparison. The only difference being that they mentioned skin colour or where the person they were having a go at was from.
Although I don't like the guy, I found it very difficult to disagree with.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:36 pm

I think this is enough proof that the media does certainly have something against Liverpool. The hypocrisy and shock in this country from politics to media to the police etc. is sickening.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Terry had been found not guilty. The gutless FA would not let it drop. Had they let it be after the Court case then it would of blown over by now. But they have opened a massive can of worms that will not go away, and Football will be the loser.
Fair play you need to kick racism out but for fooks sake they have gone so far overboard now hounding and condemning an innocent Man that had been proved innocent in court.
Will this help race relations ? Will this bring harmony between different races and skin colour in football ? No it has put a wider ridge that will be hard to repair. But the blame will end up on Terry's shoulders :roll: :roll:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Terry had been found not guilty. The gutless FA would not let it drop. Had they let it be after the Court case then it would of blown over by now. But they have opened a massive can of worms that will not go away, and Football will be the loser.
Fair play you need to kick racism out but for fooks sake they have gone so far overboard now hounding and condemning an innocent Man that had been proved innocent in court.
Will this help race relations ? Will this bring harmony between different races and skin colour in football ? No it has put a wider ridge that will be hard to repair. But the blame will end up on Terry's shoulders :roll: :roll:

Still up on that cross Nukes. ;)

JT innocent my arse.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:49 pm

castleblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Terry had been found not guilty. The gutless FA would not let it drop. Had they let it be after the Court case then it would of blown over by now. But they have opened a massive can of worms that will not go away, and Football will be the loser.

JT innocent my arse.

Nah you got me down chief and nailed Terry up there instead whilst you had your Black cloth on your head and pronounced sentence :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

JT innocent my arse.

Nah you got me down chief and nailed Terry up there instead whilst you had your Black cloth on your head and pronounced sentence :lol: :lol:

Not into capital punishment Nukes but after what he did with Bridges girlfriend maybe castration is an option. ;)

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:09 pm

castleblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

JT innocent my arse.

Not into capital punishment Nukes but after what he did with Bridges girlfriend maybe castration is an option. ;)

And given half a chance you wouldn't do Bridges Mrs ? :P :P :P

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

JT innocent my arse.

And given half a chance you wouldn't do Bridges Mrs ? :P :P :P

Out of my league Nukes but always fancied giving Anne Widdicombe a go. :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: