Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nottingham Forest sign Jenas on loan

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:30 am

Good midfielder, will be good at this level.

Got a feeling we might be overrun in midfield when we play them in a few weeks

Re: Nottingham Forest sign Jenas on loan

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:44 am

too good to be playing in the championship i think. and unlike other players who are maybe too good for this level (Gomes, Murphy, Bellamy) he isnt too old that he might not play every game

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:55 am

I can't believe a player of his ability is so under rated

Remember how good he was for Newcastle under Sir Bobby Robson? With Bellers, Laurent Robert ect.

Really have never understood it. He was hampered by injury for a long time with Spurs, but never really got the opportunity to get back to his best.

Will be a great player in this league

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:26 pm

very good player will score lots of goals for them

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:54 pm

he is ver injury prone was good but to many injuries have hamperd his career thats why he cant get in a premier league teams side

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Good signing but nothing to be afraid of

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Great player when fit. Thought he would of have went to West Ham or Wigan..
If Forest had a midfield like ours they would fly up the league with Sharp and Cox in front of goal.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:22 pm

two good strikers in billy sharp and simon cox, jenas in the middle. however a team full of loans. lets hope the get recalls to parent club.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:54 pm

There were rumours he was joining Leeds a few weeks back. Isn't he a spent force now, though?

Great player years ago, but very injury-prone and I can't remember when he last did anything of note.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Overrated springs to mind.
Might do ok as champ player, in wouldn't want him here mind.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Glad we missed out on his brother Hugh

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:50 am

2blue2handle wrote:Overrated springs to mind.

:oops:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:47 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:two good strikers in billy sharp and simon cox, jenas in the middle. however a team full of loans. lets hope the get recalls to parent club.

really? we have 5 loanees atm, 2 of whom are fringe players ( Coppinger and Hutchinson ), 2 of whom are starters ( Sharp and Ayala ) and Jenas who we are yet to see where he figures, the first 4 are all on season long loans ( apart from maybe coppinger i think ) and cant be recalled as we have paid a fee to loan them, we will probably be signing Copps and Sharp in January too ( Sharp the less likely of the two ) Jenas cant be recalled for the first month of the loan ( which atm is the entire loan unless we extend it ) and i doubt AVB would want to include him anyway. 5 Loans is pretty reasonable and can all be included in a matchday squad I seem to recall you having 6-7 loans one season!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:53 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Overrated springs to mind.

:oops:

What?
Don't we have enough CM's?
Last thing we need is an injury prone CM

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 am

Would love us and Forest to go up auto's because we've been fighting in this league for years. Its probably not going to happen but would love it too as well as they have good history also so would be great to play against them in the Premiership.

Jenas is a good player and comes across as a nice bloke. On that 'Is Football Racist?' show he talked sensibly and has done many times before. Seems very down to Earth. A tad overrated but wish him all the best as long as its second best. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: