Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: fifa 13

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:49 pm

I got Fifa 13 and never made an ultimate team and going to start this year..
Are these packs for 24 weeks going to be good? and how do I get my packs? Does it just automatically give me them?

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I got Fifa 13 and never made an ultimate team and going to start this year..
Are these packs for 24 weeks going to be good? and how do I get my packs? Does it just automatically give me them?

It will be automatic but try to open them during happy hour as you get better cards. You'll get told when happy hour is on the podcast or online somewhere. Its usually like every Monday or something.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 pm

F**k does anyone know when? :lol:
I have made a FUT but only on Fifa 12 but haven''t had much time to do much on it... spend more time this around.. I have fridays off college :D :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Just got my copy from Sainsbury's Colchester Avenue. It opened at midnight especially :D

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Just picked mine up from Tesco as it's my brothers birthday today and I wanted to surprise him when he came home, but fair play, there was a long queue of nerds waiting and I would never have queued up for the midnight release if it wasn't my brothers birthday. Fair play to the guy walking out shouting "virgins everywhere, you're all geeks!" He had a point! :lol:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:01 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Just picked mine up from Tesco as it's my brothers birthday today and I wanted to surprise him when he came home, but fair play, there was a long queue of nerds waiting and I would never have queued up for the midnight release if it wasn't my brothers birthday. Fair play to the guy walking out shouting "virgins everywhere, you're all geeks!" He had a point! :lol:

At the Skyrim launch in Aber me and a few mates did the same to loads of them queueing up. We were absolutely hammered coming back from a night out and they were still queueing at 1am so we were singing 'they're here, they're there, they're ****** everywhere, Virgins, Virgins' pointing and chanting at them.

None of them sober lot found it a bit funny though but down here there is loads of City fans so its all good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 am

Managed to get Sterling on loan with a £2.4m option to buy at the end of it. I'll be taking up that option. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:18 am

early observations , opinions on the game itself ??

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am

Just went to buy it, but decided not to because of the price, nearly £50 on ps3, £44 on the vita and same on PC, bloody rip off in game i swear, or 99p if you trade in two game's, that they'll sell for over £20 each. how much are the supermarkets doing it for?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:19 am

last time i order from hmv postie been and no game :cry:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 am

Tescos online £25 for PC, bosh....

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Anyone fancy a game on PS3?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Whittingham has a higher free kick rating than Ronaldo so therefore he is the best in the world.

Whittingham for Ballon D'or :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:18 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I got Fifa 13 and never made an ultimate team and going to start this year..

Last year to get my free packs I had to put in a code they gave me from Game, then I'd just go to the store on the FUT home page and there was something that would say 'my packs', they were in there :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Never got into Ultimate Team, may do this year

Love the new skill games, much better than the old loading screen!

Career mode a carbon copy of last years though :roll:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:56 pm

jamie1927 wrote:Never got into Ultimate Team, may do this year

Nothing at all like it.

Transfer and growth system is completely revamped. Growth is much better. The transfer system is more realistic in terms of prices and you can sign Falcao for like £30m which is fair game. On FIFA 12 you'd have had to pay £45-50m but now you can counter offer, offer players, agree fee for end of loan etc.

The commentary is much better as well and makes it much more realistic. Alan McInally doing the updates during games which is awesome and Geoff Shreeves doing the injury updates. The commentators talk about more history, live things going on. For example I just played Sterling vs Liverpool in the cup and they were talking about how he's playing his old club etc. Then you have the guy who does the draws and results. Its just so much better.

The only thing similar are the menu's. Everything else is pretty much revamped. Players grow properly. Suso has gone from 62 to 65 in around 10 games for me because I play him a lot and he's in the form of his life.

The transfer system now means I go Sterling on a bargain. £2.4m at the end of his loan already agreed so when I go up I'll have a player who can hit the mid 80's and is really fast. Its a great way to bring in potential.

Career mode in FIFA 12 was rubbish and I used to play around 4 games and get bored. This year though I have played around 11 now plus cup games and still enjoying it. Its completely different. Even the crowds sing actual Cardiff songs and when I beat Liverpool 2-1 in the cup just then the Liverpool fans were singing YNWA after their goal but then when the final whistle went all you could hear was the away end.

Tip: Apart from chants turn down all the others to around 5 and leave chants at 10. Then turn up your TV or speakers. That way you'll hear the chants better. ;)

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:06 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
jamie1927 wrote:Never got into Ultimate Team, may do this year

Nothing at all like it.

Transfer and growth system is completely revamped. Growth is much better. The transfer system is more realistic in terms of prices and you can sign Falcao for like £30m which is fair game. On FIFA 12 you'd have had to pay £45-50m but now you can counter offer, offer players, agree fee for end of loan etc.

The commentary is much better as well and makes it much more realistic. Alan McInally doing the updates during games which is awesome and Geoff Shreeves doing the injury updates. The commentators talk about more history, live things going on. For example I just played Sterling vs Liverpool in the cup and they were talking about how he's playing his old club etc. Then you have the guy who does the draws and results. Its just so much better.

The only thing similar are the menu's. Everything else is pretty much revamped. Players grow properly. Suso has gone from 62 to 65 in around 10 games for me because I play him a lot and he's in the form of his life.

The transfer system now means I go Sterling on a bargain. £2.4m at the end of his loan already agreed so when I go up I'll have a player who can hit the mid 80's and is really fast. Its a great way to bring in potential.

Career mode in FIFA 12 was rubbish and I used to play around 4 games and get bored. This year though I have played around 11 now plus cup games and still enjoying it. Its completely different. Even the crowds sing actual Cardiff songs and when I beat Liverpool 2-1 in the cup just then the Liverpool fans were singing YNWA after their goal but then when the final whistle went all you could hear was the away end.

Tip: Apart from chants turn down all the others to around 5 and leave chants at 10. Then turn up your TV or speakers. That way you'll hear the chants better. ;)

I meant more aesthetically-the whole colour palette is pretty much identical so are the news articles etc.

Does it annoy anyone else that you can't edit player faces in career mode? I know you can unlock edit player but that's just their kit, Craig Noone looks shite, and Kim has the wrong name on the back!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:08 pm

jamie1927 wrote:I meant more aesthetically-the whole colour palette is pretty much identical so are the news articles etc.

Does it annoy anyone else that you can't edit player faces in career mode? I know you can unlock edit player but that's just their kit, Craig Noone looks shite, and Kim has the wrong name on the back!

Fair enough mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah I found that annoying as I wanted to edit Suso's hair as I signed him for £1m.

He has long hair in the game but in real life now he has short hair but I couldn't edit it. :(