Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PC Toolbar Problem.....

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 pm

can anybody help, i seem to have downloaded a toolbar by mistake (wiseconvert). i am unable to un-install this toolbar and it seems to being creating problems with my computor (screen jumping).
any idea,s how i can get rid of the offending toolbar would be very grateful.

Re: PC Toolbar Problem.....

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:46 pm

beano1 wrote:can anybody help, i seem to have downloaded a toolbar by mistake (wiseconvert). i am unable to un-install this toolbar and it seems to being creating problems with my computor (screen jumping).

RIght click on any CLEAR part of your brower page up the top of the screen and it should show tool bars ticked and other things knock off what you dont want :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:59 pm

beano1 wrote:can anybody help, i seem to have downloaded a toolbar by mistake (wiseconvert). i am unable to un-install this toolbar and it seems to being creating problems with my computor (screen jumping).

That dodgy stuff is probably an infection that has come with the toolbar. Go here and download the free removal tool and do a scan like init...
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:37 pm

cheers to you both for the help but in the end i did a system restore and that seems to have done the trick, thanks again :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Should run some spyware test just to be on the safe side, use something like hijackthis (http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/)
I had an annoying one a few months back, had a box pop up that looked like a microsoft computer error, i clicked the red X, that didn't matter though, with in seconds my screen was gone, and replaced with what looked like an anti-virus program, it run a test and said my comp was full of viruses and spyware and wanted me to pay £70 to fix, couldn't get out of this screen, tried rebooting and restore point's, so glad i had a laptop to hand and done a google on this thing and got rid.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 pm

StockrA wrote:Should run some spyware test just to be on the safe side, use something like hijackthis (http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/)
I had an annoying one a few months back, had a box pop up that looked like a microsoft computer error, i clicked the red X, that didn't matter though, with in seconds my screen was gone, and replaced with what looked like an anti-virus program, it run a test and said my comp was full of viruses and spyware and wanted me to pay £70 to fix, couldn't get out of this screen, tried rebooting and restore point's, so glad i had a laptop to hand and done a google on this thing and got rid.

cheers for that advice will do tomorrow as i,m knacker at the mo...cheers.