Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Still we have fickle fans

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:16 am

Given we are three points off the top and on occasions playing attractive football we still can't fill the ground to it's capacity?

I believe if we had won on Saturday ticket sales would have been busy but as usual an inept second half performance meant the fickle fans will be saying same old same old!!! Last year our defence failed to keep a clean sheet 9 times out of 10 which meant we needed to score 2 goals to give us a chance of winning.

The summer influx of players has given us hope of promotion but we cannot hope to achieve this with performances witnessed by us travelling fans on Saturday. Weasel words from players in the press will not attract the stay away fans.

There are still fans to this day who will not follow the club because of the club selling John Toshack to Liverpool all those years ago. We have a brilliant chance to climb to the top and stay there but the players need to defend as a team not just leave it to the back 5

Let's hope we perform as we have at home in the past two games and go on a winning run this should see those fickle fans flood back to the CCS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Still we have fickle fans

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:34 am

Maybe they are fed up of being lied to and broken promises?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:36 am

Maybe it's just getting too expensive!

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:29 am

A few of the guys I work with still are passionate about city but simply cant afford to go,with travel,drinkis etc

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:02 pm

john52 wrote:Maybe they are fed up of being lied to and broken promises?

Where are the lies? The Malaysians said they would back Malkie in the transfer window and they did. They stated that the Langston debt will be dealt with and they are negotiating with them. They stated that a new state of the art training ground will be built and they are talking to several potantial sites. Ok the red kit doesn't go down well with me but if we gain promotion the ground will be increased all these are facts not lies.

At the minute the club is not fully united and that's a crying shame but lets give them the credit they deserve and hold opinions for later
Yes I agree that ticket prices are too expensive for people feeling the pinch and with Christmas fast approaching something has to go and people are staying away from the ground. The club needs to look at other ways of making it cheaper to go to games

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:06 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:

Where are the lies? The Malaysians said they would back Malkie in the transfer window and they did. They stated that the Langston debt will be dealt with and they are negotiating with them. They stated that a new state of the art training ground will be built and they are talking to several potantial sites. Ok the red kit doesn't go down well with me but if we gain promotion the ground will be increased all these are facts not lies.

At the minute the club is not fully united and that's a crying shame but lets give them the credit they deserve and hold opinions for later
Yes I agree that ticket prices are too expensive for people feeling the pinch and with Christmas fast approaching something has to go and people are staying away from the ground. The club needs to look at other ways of making it cheaper to go to games

You ignored the bit where they said we would be playing in blue at home and have scraped the rebrand idea then?

What about the bit where they said they would pay Sam £10m and have it set aside ready?

What about the bit where they said they would turn debt into equity if we went along with the rebrand?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:14 pm

No Smoking wrote:
bethanmattsgrampy wrote:

You ignored the bit where they said we would be playing in blue at home and have scraped the rebrand idea then?

What about the bit where they said they would pay Sam £10m and have it set aside ready?

What about the bit where they said they would turn debt into equity if we went along with the rebrand?

Yes your right on the blue kit and I for one don't like it but he who pays the piper calls the tune. In time we could see us playing in blue who know'? I still think the £10M is still on the table and until this is resolved the equity issue will not be resolved. VT is a hard nosed business man if you were him do you honestly believe you would hand Sam £10m? I'm sure by the middle of next month a compromise will be reached

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Yes, I would - seeing as Sam is entitled to a lot more in a few years time...

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Hard nosed businessmen don't lie to the people effectively running the business. No fans, no club. Simple.

I see no issue in paying 10m of a £34m debt to settle it. Especially if that was the condition of the rebrand which again was shrouded in lies.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 pm

No Smoking wrote:Hard nosed businessmen don't lie to the people effectively running the business. No fans, no club. Simple.

I see no issue in paying 10m of a £34m debt to settle it. Especially if that was the condition of the rebrand which again was shrouded in lies.

Guess we are not going to agree on this one. All I know is without VT's investment we would be in the same boat as Pompie and Rangers. Yes they still play in blue but its the price we have had to pay for now.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:36 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:
No Smoking wrote:Hard nosed businessmen don't lie to the people effectively running the business. No fans, no club. Simple.

Guess we are not going to agree on this one. All I know is without VT's investment we would be in the same boat as Pompie and Rangers. Yes they still play in blue but its the price we have had to pay for now.

How do you know we would be in the same boat as pompy?

According to the directors... We wouldn't.

It's a line used by those who need reassurances that their backing of the soul ripping was their only choice,

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 am

i think £17 for blackpool game is good price both team up there they both going be going for it cant wait to seee this game as win stick us right back up there,this league everyone beats everyone so his one hardest league to get out of that what makes it more intresting.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:53 am

But that's exactly the point that VT is probably arguing over, where on earth was £34m spent on the club during Sam's time.

Now, none of us will ever know the full, independent, truth but there are clearly doubts over the full amount despite what has been agreed by previous regimes. If Sam only wanted the straight £10m this would have been sorted in July, but in typical Sam manner he's now looking for another £5m that was previously not mentioned :roll:

VT knows this debt isn't payable for 2 years and therefore unless Sam accepts £10m he may just think "sue me" and let the courts assess what's owed.

I have no inside info and probably know less than a lot of people on here but I don't believe that we've heard the full story from either side so to accuse the present owners of lying about any other than the colour change is just not right :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:27 am

piledriver64 wrote:

But that's exactly the point that VT is probably arguing over, where on earth was £34m spent on the club during Sam's time.

Now, none of us will ever know the full, independent, truth but there are clearly doubts over the full amount despite what has been agreed by previous regimes. If Sam only wanted the straight £10m this would have been sorted in July, but in typical Sam manner he's now looking for another £5m that was previously not mentioned :roll:

VT knows this debt isn't payable for 2 years and therefore unless Sam accepts £10m he may just think "sue me" and let the courts assess what's owed.

I have no inside info and probably know less than a lot of people on here but I don't believe that we've heard the full story from either side so to accuse the present owners of lying about any other than the colour change is just not right :ayatollah:

exactly right
people just jump on the anti-malaysian bandwagon without knowing the full facts