Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard and Lampard - What now?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:08 am

Lampard in his prime was imho the best attacking midfielder in the Premiership - on par with Gerrard. The only other person who has been better than these two was Cristiano Ronaldo but he was a winger and a centre forward not a centre midfielder.

As we've seen this season Lampard and Gerrard still possess that ability to pop up out of no where and get a goal out of nothing they will never lose that knack. As their careers have started to wind down they are now starting to be deployed deeper in the midfield to very good effect. Lampard with Chelsea this season has been performing the role that Macca performs for us when he plays. Controls the midfield, rarely gives the ball away and keeps things ticking - bit like what Joe Allen does at Liverpool.

Liverpool signing Joe Allen was a fantastic buy. Yes, the price was massive but he keeps things simple and gives the space for Gerrard to go around and do his box to box role. No doubt Gerrard is past his best but he can still perform in the centre midfield for Liverpool in that box to box role he has all through his career. Without doubt Gerrard is the best box to box midfielder of his generation, in the world. I cannot think of anyone in the world who has been better than Gerrard as a box to box role in the last 10 years. As Gerrard has been starting to decline so have Liverpool over the last three seasons. He has carried Liverpool on his shoulders throughout his whole career and you won't find someone else who has so much for Liverpool FC.

Chelsea have already brought in their replacement for Lampard and the answer is Oscar.

Oscar is an attacking midfielder, he keeps things tidy and has so many comparisons with Lampard. Both have spectacular vision, great passing ability and also great shooting. As Oscar takes up his new role in the Chelsea midfield he will certainly turn a few heads but if he stays grounded and allows himself to develop further at Chelsea, they will have a real star on their hands. Like most footballers there will come a time where it's money or legendary status and I would prefer to become a legend at a top club rather than move to another club for a bit more money.

Gerrard's Liverpool replacement? He's already there. There is a player coming through their academy who is very similar to Gerrard, don't know if you have heared of him but his name is Conor Coady. There are so many similarities between the two you would think they were brother's! Both are very good through the middle and if they were identical you would think they are exactly the same player.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXxOrIgVf8

As the careers of two legends come to an end it's time for a new and exciting era.

Re: Gerrard and Lampard - What now?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:11 am

:?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:12 am

milly44 wrote::?

If you read it you might know what I am talking about..

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 am

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:
milly44 wrote::?

If you read it you might know what I am talking about..

I did actually. Just don't see what relevance it has.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:16 am

Very relevant to CCFC :?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:18 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Very relevant to CCFC :?

It doesn't have to be relevant to CCFC, Mr Barry Chuckle.

It is a Cardiff City Forum but it's General Chat! :old:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 am

Okay. You continue the lecture on Liverpool and Chelsea players.