Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

mtv the valleys

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 am

i missed it last night, any one know a web site where i can watch it for free ? :ayatollah:

any one watch it ? any good ? :lol:

Re: mtv the valleys

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:51 am

samdm94 wrote:i missed it last night, any one know a web site where i can watch it for free ? :ayatollah:

any one watch it ? any good ? :lol:

If you like a bunch of male and female gutter rats with no self importance other than to be dirty dogs while people cringe watching it, then watch it, its like that geordie shore garbage with a bunch of kids in a house, try the MTV website.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:52 am

Nothing I didn't expect. If you look past the 'what embarrassments they are part' it's quite funny.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:52 am

i think there was an advert on tv saying you could download it from MTV website :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 am

fair play its f*cking awful

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 am

Dreadful

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:04 am

just watched it, i thought it was brilliant :lol:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:17 am

Car crash tv, well worth a wank, i mean watch. :shifty:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:22 am

there must be some very proud parents out there...............sweet lord Jesus

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:31 am

Their parents must be so proud.

Its is a poor representation of the area, although is it not everybody's ambition to live in Cardiff, be Cardiffian and support the bluebirds.

C'mon jacks you are here more than we are.....

Anyway the jack girl thought it was better than the shithole she is from. So she may be brighter than we thought. :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 am

Made me laugh about how they built it up about getting one chance to 'make it in cardiff'....they're about £6 in train fare away. If they were that bothered they'd commute back and forth from the Valleys like most people do who want to better themselves and get work :old: :old:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 am

I thought it was ok. I found it a bit unnecessarily crude. Too much use of the word "f*cking" in my opinion and I love a good use of that word as anyone but it got to the stage where it just seemed it was getting in the way.

I'll keep watching it for the "I know that place!" factor but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I've had to laugh at people criticising MTV for mis-representing the Valleys with "gutter rats" as someone nicely put it. Don't blame MTV though, they're just putting together something that sells.

I have taken exception to MTV's awful research though. Things like saying the individuals come from the Valleys when in fact they come from places like Port Talbot and Bridgend. The boss guy on it also said if they all misbehave they can pack their bags and go back up the M4 to the Valleys... last time I checked, the M4 didn't head up the Valleys? I am also a proud Cardiffian but painting it as the "big city with the bright lights where hopes and dreams are realised" is a massive piss take. Just little things like that will annoy local people watching it.

If you just want to shut your brain off and enjoy seeing "gutter rats" bitch and rant at each other whilst getting steamin' and catching STDs then it's the sort of thing you'll want to watch.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Making Cardiff sound like the promised land ffs :lol:

I know stacks of people whove left the valleys and made good of themselves up in the real big city - London.

Very poor representation.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:06 pm

http://www.mtv.co.uk/shows/the-valleys

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:10 pm

I refuse to watch it. Just encourages MTV to bring it back series after series, and idiots like that don't deserve the attention.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 pm

its an embarrasment and funny to go with it. they all think their classy, but their just a bunch of chavs.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:43 pm

I just watched it, thought it was very funny but admittedly mainly because of the shock factor.

Take it with a pinch of salt, it's just telly and not representative. I'd be more offended by people who watch it and think it is representative of The Valleys.

A typical modern TV show, cut out the normal stuff and ramp up the shock and awe.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:16 pm

milly44 wrote:Nothing I didn't expect. If you look past the 'what embarrassments they are part' it's quite funny.

this :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Another car crash "instant celebrity" v embarrassed for them voyeuristic junk. Cheap laugh at them throwaway timekill TV. In no way representative of anything but truly trash content. I'd rather do a naked handstand and shit on my head than waste 30 mins of my life suffering crap like this. As polo said earlier, if the kids in this want to make it, shape up and move to London. They could start as a researcher for MTV and eventually produce a programme that gets audience figures by appealing to the wankier sides of peoples personalities. Hang on a sec, hasn't that been done already?