Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Im 21, The Beatles are the best ever

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 pm

True musical brilliance. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Im 21, The Beatles are the best ever

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:08 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:True musical brilliance. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

im 48.........theres better around...believe me.... :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:10 pm

put bbc2 on now,public image on.......the beatles are better :D :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Beatles oasis tribute band :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:17 pm

The rolling stones > The beatles.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Linkin Park > The rest :D

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:32 pm

CantonJack wrote:Linkin Park > The rest :D

Old Linkin Park, not so much the newer stuff :lol:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 pm

frosty_x wrote:The rolling stones > The beatles.

Never. :old:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:37 pm

frosty_x wrote:

I love their newest album, probably my favourite of theirs.

Strange as their music style is sort of 'rebranded' compared to their older stuff :shock:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:41 pm

CantonJack wrote:
frosty_x wrote:

Strange as their music style is sort of 'rebranded' compared to their older stuff :shock:

Their new stuff is nowhere near as good as the first few albums. Hybrid theory and Meoteora is when they were at their best

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:48 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
frosty_x wrote:

Their new stuff is nowhere near as good as the first few albums. Hybrid theory and Meoteora is when they were at their best

I've seen them live, best band I've seen live to be fair to them. Was a cracking day out. Ears rang like hell though afterwards. N.E.R.D are another band that perform brilliantly live. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:53 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
frosty_x wrote:

I've seen them live, best band I've seen live to be fair to them. Was a cracking day out. Ears rang like hell though afterwards. N.E.R.D are another band that perform brilliantly live. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah I saw them live aswell after they had released meteora it was epic

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Sir Tom Jones, welsh and brilliant

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:57 am

the beatles are over-rated

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:04 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:True musical brilliance. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The beatles will never be bettered for what they achieved, they were ground breaking in everything they done, first british exports to blow america away, wrote all their own music and words to every song they released in the charts, also wrote numerous songs for other artists to have huge hits with, out sold any other musicians (apart from elvis) in record sales for over 30 years in the days you had to physically go to stores to buy singles / lp's, when at their peak, (1964 onwards) their music was way ahead of it's time, even today, they more than hold their own in record sales. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:15 am

They might be ground breaking etc but I don't rate them against music i listen to today. Appreciate they were ahead of their time but I think a lot of of their popularity is being taking back to your youth when listening. Sounds a bit empty to me, like one of the band members forgot to turn up.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 am

Bob Dylan is God

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 am

neeball wrote:They might be ground breaking etc but I don't rate them against music i listen to today. Appreciate they were ahead of their time but I think a lot of of their popularity is being taking back to your youth when listening. Sounds a bit empty to me, like one of the band members forgot to turn up.

You can't compare bands from today with a band that blew the world away over 40 years ago, the beatles never had the luxury of modern musical technology (echo chambers, synthesisers etc) which some times is still used to drowned out bad vocals, something john and paul never would have needed, they also only ever sang live, (apart from when they made their films) how many bands / singers can get away with that these days?? but of course the real test is how long will todays bands / vocalists be selling their music after they hang up their microphones and drum sticks??? the beatles are still doing it, almost 50 years on.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:49 pm

A now dont forget about Bob Marley :D 8-)

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Modern day music its gotta be Clutch 8-)

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Caerdydd12 wrote:Modern day music its gotta be Clutch 8-)

Saw them live supporting Motorhead a few years back :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Im 40 and they bore the f**k out of me.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:35 pm

This about sums it up :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:29 pm

I take The Who any day over the Beatles.

But how does Lincoln Park even get in this discussion :lol:

Sure their fine, but in a best ever discussion :roll:

But being from the Southern US, I think the regional favorites all time here are....Lynyrd Skynyrd ;)

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWGiA0rp-Ns

Daz on drums doing Don't look back in anger with the Beni Beatles in the western saloon Benidorm :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 pm

i absolutely love them mate .... i went to abbey road in 1982 and they had all the beatles gear set up ... amps, microphones, organs etc etc and in the background they had outtakes playing and them talking inbetween takes ... they later became the anthology collection ... what a day ... i was 16 then!
you must do liverpool on john lennons birthday one year and see the sights ... brilliant! ... john lennon solo stuff took over me after id softened and kick started me again! ... the song "GOD" i adore! :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Yep the beatles, even now can liven up your day, if you ever have a night in Liverpool go to the Cavern, top, top night, people come from all over the world and get up and do some songs. Been there a few times and always enjoy it.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:38 pm

AHERNE wrote:

i absolutely love them mate .... i went to abbey road in 1982 and they had all the beatles gear set up ... amps, microphones, organs etc etc and in the background they had outtakes playing and them talking inbetween takes ... they later became the anthology collection ... what a day ... i was 16 then!
you must do liverpool on john lennons birthday one year and see the sights ... brilliant! ... john lennon solo stuff took over me after id softened and kick started me again! ... the song "GOD" i adore! :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Andysince76 wrote:Yep the beatles, even now can liven up your day, if you ever have a night in Liverpool go to the Cavern, top, top night, people come from all over the world and get up and do some songs. Been there a few times and always enjoy it.

Went to the cavern on the day of the Hillsborough memorial as they were doing a special tribute to show respects for the 96 there that night. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Listen to this and tell me the Beatles are the best ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9AnUs2urC4