Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gym help

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:41 pm

I just started back at the gym and looking for help and advice ...

I got a bit of a belly and want to lose that and the love handles ,

I also want to bulk up in my arms a bit and then tone my stomach (not talking about a 6 pack but tone it )

Anyone got a routine they use and can tell me one please ,

I tried lookin online an get confused with reps and machines and that ,

Just a simple but one that works

Many thanks

Re: Gym help

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:55 pm

I don't know much but you can't really lose weight from one area, you have to burn it from everywhere so you'd have to do cardio exercises. Running and that, I'm guessing you'd do that and different styles of sit ups like crunches and roman twists. There are so many ways to excersize a body part. If you look some up you could probably come up with your own routine. Remember to eat well and rest. Muscle grows when you rest and you can't drive a car without fuel. Hope that helps.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Best advice you'll ever get.

FORGET ABOUT CUTTING, FORGET ABOUT BULKING, JUST STFU AND LIFT.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:27 pm

you got break it up into sections so day 1 do arms and chest day 2 back and shoulders and day 3 legs and abs workout and do 2days of cardio work out so u lose fat and eat loads of fish chicken white eggs eat lot of carbs through the day then after 6pm eat no carbs keep it works and try get protein shakes take one hour before ur workout and one after your workout, i hope that helps you out.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:42 pm

The best way to lose weight isnt doing weights but just doing cardio and adjusting your diet. If you do enough cardio you will loose weight. To tone up your abs just do sit ups its the best way. And as others have said then if you want to bulk up and get stronger focus on a specific body part each day. Also theres no real point going every day as I have learnt as your body wont recover in time and you wont be efficient

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:07 pm

As mentioned above, running is the best way to lose weight and get fit. Im well into my running and run to a decent standard at club level, and simply cannot put on weight. I do a terrific amount of running and walking mind.

If you haven't done any running before try a beginners 5km programme like this one below or you can look for a harder one. I would strongly recommend the Park Run Time Trial which is held every Saturday at 9.00am at Blackwier off Western Avenue near Tesco Extra. It has a huge range of abilities, and best of all its free! :D

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/cardiff/home

WEEK ONE

Mon Rest
Tue Run 1 min, walk 1 min. Do 10 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 2 mins, walk 4 mins. Do 5 times
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
Sun Run 2 mins, walk 4 mins. Do 5 times

WEEK TWO

Mon Rest
Tue Run 3 mins, walk 3 mins. Do 4 times