Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

loan at 7%

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:17 am

We are we being loaned money at a massive 7% when the bank of england national basic lending rate to every business in the UK is 0.5% maximum :o :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Re: loan at 7%

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:28 am

Really? I didn't know that, it's not been mentioned over and over again

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:34 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:We are we being loaned money at a massive 7% when the bank of england national basic lending rate to every business in the UK is 0.5% maximum :o :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

VT's 7% loan is the same as the rest of the directors are charging the club, in fact issacs was charging far more for his original loan, so were PMG, total nonsense what you are saying about the business loans from a bank because banks will not lend to football clubs anymore, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:39 am

no no no sir the banks are not lending businesses money at 0.5% its the rate above your negotiated rate ...for example my arranged borrowing rate is 3.5% +the bank rate of 0.5% equaling 4% intotal ....you obviosly no nothing about finance ....credit cards and store cards and mortgages and loans are no where near 0.5% :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

With the state of our finances ( and having worked in banking for 42 years ), I believe in this climate, 7% is reasonable.

Blueboys1927 wrote:We are we being loaned money at a massive 7% when the bank of england national basic lending rate to every business in the UK is 0.5% maximum :o :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Ignoring the 7% the football club are being charged, where can I get a business loan for 0.5% interest?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:43 am

Owain wrote:

Ignoring the 7% the football club are being charged, where can I get a business loan for 0.5% interest?

Nowhere, maybe the op has a new set up, ask him :lol:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 am

It's just another Anti Malaysian thread, Zzzzz. Boring fucker

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:49 am

1... no one really gets a 0.5 interest rate for business.

2...banks are a bit suspicious about lending companies like us alot of cash when we dont exactly have a great history of money management, bad credit rating and debt. (talking about the situ before VT came in with his loans)

3. Our bum cheeks are still imprinted in the courthouse seats after having a season ticket there for monies owed.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:53 am

how much langstone oops sorry sam charge the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:58 am

Owain wrote:

With you on this Owain, would love to know, as I'll have one.

If every business could borrow, at 0.5% this Country would not be in the state it is in. A rate of 7% is fair in this current climate.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:58 am

Owain wrote:

With you on this Owain, would love to know, as I'll have one.

If every business could borrow, at 0.5% this Country would not be in the state it is in. A rate of 7% is fair in this current climate.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:00 am

Could be worse ,Wonga charge 1,685 %

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:10 am

mugsy wrote:With the state of our finances ( and having worked in banking for 42 years ), I believe in this climate, 7% is reasonable.

Now now. You know telling the truth and talking from experience has no part to play in a good old witchunt. :old:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:23 am

Xcasual wrote:Could be worse ,Wonga charge 1,685 %

The representative APR doesn't really explain it though.

As they only offer short term loans, showing an APR doesn't really mean anything. It's only there as it's a legal requirement.

For example, if I were to ask you to lend me £150 as I was skint, as I've gambled/drunk away my money and can't afford to pay my bills this week. I promise to pay it back within 7 days though.
I'm obviously a very risky customer, and there is no guarantee I will be able to pay it back.
How much would you want me to repay, bearing in mind that there's a chance that I could end up bankrupt and wouldn't pay you back a penny.
To borrow it from Wonga would cost £16.24 in interest & charges.
If I was in such a position that I couldn't borrow from friends/family/work I don't think paying £16.24 for a weeks loan to ensure I don't go overdrawn/default on payments etc is too excessive.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:16 pm

How much have you borrowed then, coz I haven't borrowed any,
when you say we,who are you referring to, because as I see it, it's VT's risk and also his debt because it's unsecured and there are no where near enough assets to repay anywhere near the investment or debt owed to him. :roll:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:26 pm

rubbish , you know nothing

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:31 pm

What f*cking bank would lend us 50pence let alone any loan at all, nobody would lend us money at the moment that involves the word bank thats for sure. The diffrence is the bank can call a payment in if its due, what can VT do i suppose he could call in a loan repayment on his own loans :lol: