Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are Blackpool favourites this Saturday ?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:51 am

As most of the national press have them down for an away win :evil:
I think we are good enough to hold them to at least a draw :ayatollah:
this season with this team i can see play off semi,s at least, all part of Malky,s long term push for eventual promotion, hopefuly within the next few seasons :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Re: Are Blackpool favourites this Saturday ?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:01 am

After throwing away a 2-0 lead against Palace, like we did, then there's no way we would be favourites. Time to bounce back....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:02 am

Nedd Glas wrote:After throwing away a 2-0 lead against Palace, like we did, then there's no way we would be favourites. Time to bounce back....

forgetting that blackpool lost 3-1 at home?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:03 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:After throwing away a 2-0 lead against Palace, like we did, then there's no way we would be favourites. Time to bounce back....

Nope. They lost to a decent side last night, we didn't on Saturday.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

But we beat them nedd :|

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:09 am

milly44 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

By the skin of our teeth, plus you know it doesn't work that way.

I've got no faith in the team beating Blackpool on Saturday. Call me disloyal, if you like, but I just can't see it.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:09 am

Cardiff are just the fav's to win this match - both teams odds against - ( if you take the bookies views ) -

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... ool/winner

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:12 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Cardiff are just the fav's to win this match - both teams odds against - ( if you take the bookies views ) -

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... ool/winner

I'd like to think we can bounce back, but we were so disjointed on Saturday, I'm just not confident at all.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:12 am

i think we are good enough to just about hold them to a draw 2-2, but it wont be pretty :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
milly44 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I've got no faith in the team beating Blackpool on Saturday. Call me disloyal, if you like, but I just can't see it.

Disloyal if you like :D

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:i think we are good enough to just about hold them to a draw 2-2, but it wont be pretty :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

That's the best we can hope for, I think.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:14 am

milly44 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
milly44 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Disloyal if you like :D

Shut it, Millins, you slag!

:lol:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:25 am

3 - 1 home win.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:25 am

I think we can win :)
We lost saturday yes but at home we are on great form and we showed after Bristol we can bounce back :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:32 am

SBF1 wrote:3 - 1 home win.

Lay that bet! You sound as confident as I was before the Leeds game. 6-0 to us, I said!

:lol:

I hope you're right, neighbour. We haven't got a great record against them over recent years, so a double this season would be very welcome.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:39 am

Can anything please our fans? It feels like we are in the bottom 4!

Everyone was raving about a blackpool team, they get spanked and still our fans arent satisfied that we stand a chance on sat!

We have had a top top start to the season. We have no divine right to be top of the table and win every single game which some people expect. its a hard league, we will win alot, lose a few, its natural!!

Can we get behind the lads and trust Malky! Pessimism spreads so fast so lets leave it behind and have a season where we dont kick off if we lose a game, and actually realise we have a great chance this season of doing what we go to the games for, to see us go up!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:44 am

Ramstein blue wrote:Can anything please our fans? It feels like we are in the bottom 4!

Everyone was raving about a blackpool team, they get spanked and still our fans arent satisfied that we stand a chance on sat!

We have had a top top start to the season. We have no divine right to be top of the table and win every single game which some people expect. its a hard league, we will win alot, lose a few, its natural!!

Can we get behind the lads and trust Malky! Pessimism spreads so fast so lets leave it behind and have a season where we dont kick off if we lose a game, and actually realise we have a great chance this season of doing what we go to the games for, to see us go up!

Fans are raving about losing 3-2 at Palace even though yes we were 2-0 up.. Blackpool lost 3-1 at home which would be an even worse in my opinion.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:44 am

Ramstein blue wrote:Can anything please our fans? It feels like we are in the bottom 4!

Point taken. After watching us against Palace (a great day out, but a 2nd half capitulation during the match), I'm not confident that the players can pick themselves up and take on a Blackpool side bossed by Holloway. I'll be there on Saturday, in the hope, as I always am, that CCFC win.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:53 am

Nedd Glas wrote:

Point taken. After watching us against Palace (a great day out, but a 2nd half capitulation during the match), I'm not confident that the players can pick themselves up and take on a Blackpool side bossed by Holloway. I'll be there on Saturday, in the hope, as I always am, that CCFC win.

better teams than us have blown a lead like us on sat. It could also be a good thing that the players get a bollocking for losing the lead now, rather than april or may when we cant catch up on the points dropped.

I think we all have to remember its not DJ in charge now and that Malky being the jock that he is can probably hand out a good hairdryer moment.

Saturday will be 2 good teams on the back of defeats so should be a cracking game. Id say we should be slight favs with us being at home. But have that nagging feeling that if we go 1 down, that our own fans will change instantly and think we are 4th div and on for a spanking.

Id love it if we did end up going 1 down, that our fans actually back the team, lift the noise a bit and get right back with them

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 am

Will be a tough encounter possibly a draw ?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 am

Ramstein blue wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

better teams than us have blown a lead like us on sat. It could also be a good thing that the players get a bollocking for losing the lead now, rather than april or may when we cant catch up on the points dropped.

I think we all have to remember its not DJ in charge now and that Malky being the jock that he is can probably hand out a good hairdryer moment.

Saturday will be 2 good teams on the back of defeats so should be a cracking game. Id say we should be slight favs with us being at home. But have that nagging feeling that if we go 1 down, that our own fans will change instantly and think we are 4th div and on for a spanking.

Id love it if we did end up going 1 down, that our fans actually back the team, lift the noise a bit and get right back with them

The 2nd half on Saturday was quite something to behold, after all the optimism and great banter in the bar at half-time. The performance was shocking, hence my pessimism, but I truly hope we beat Blackpool by whatever score. I f***ing hate Blackpool.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 am

Very disappointed with Blackpool last night watching the game, stop Tom Ince and I think you'll win with something to spare. All this is based on me not seeing you play this season but hey ho! All the hype I've read about Blackpool so far was blown out of the water last night.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:14 am

scotsjack wrote:Very disappointed with Blackpool last night watching the game, stop Tom Ince and I think you'll win with something to spare. All this is based on me not seeing you play this season but hey ho! All the hype I've read about Blackpool so far was blown out of the water last night.

Id say we need alot of strength in the team, need to outmuscle them. they are quick up top so need kev and tayls covering and not pushing on as much. Bellers and noone out wide 1 up top with witts behind, and two strong in the middle. Could be a big big game for mutch if hes fit

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 am

Ramstein blue wrote:
scotsjack wrote:Very disappointed with Blackpool last night watching the game, stop Tom Ince and I think you'll win with something to spare. All this is based on me not seeing you play this season but hey ho! All the hype I've read about Blackpool so far was blown out of the water last night.

Id say we need alot of strength in the team, need to outmuscle them. they are quick up top so need kev and tayls covering and not pushing on as much. Bellers and noone out wide 1 up top with witts behind, and two strong in the middle. Could be a big big game for mutch if hes fit

Whittingham had a 'mare on Saturday - not the only player, mind. I'd prefer us to go with 4-4-2 this week and not sit back, like we did against Palace.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:22 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:

Whittingham had a 'mare on Saturday - not the only player, mind. I'd prefer us to go with 4-4-2 this week and not sit back, like we did against Palace.

As long as we keep ince quiet. get on him before he can get a run going, and stop any supply into delfouneso with balls through for him to run on to, we should win. Player for player definitely think we are stronger

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:24 am

Ramstein blue wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:

As long as we keep ince quiet. get on him before he can get a run going, and stop any supply into delfouneso with balls through for him to run on to, we should win. Player for player definitely think we are stronger

I thought we were against Palace, too. Players with points to prove this week - on both sides, so it should be a cracker, whatever the result.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:42 am

definitely. Rate holloway as a manager aswell. Gets every ounce out of each player. Looks like they are signing DJ campbell aswell. Hopefully its not done in time to play us. Would be a player id love with us on loan. But hes only going to go to Holloway

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:50 am

I'd say it's evens as we're at home.

Both clubs enter the game after disappointing results too.

I can see it being a high scoring game as Blackpool look a bit ropey at the back and are strong going forward - a bit like us :lol:

2-2