Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Malky is on the search

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Connor Wickham is the only name that has so far got me interested in this 'search'.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:58 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Even though he's definitely not a twenty goal striker and shocking for Wales, Simon Church could be one..

Well when hes played of position by Coleman I'm not suprised he isnt that good :lol:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Welbeck is unrealistic. He wouldn't have signed a contract for around 50k a week for Ferguson to loan him out. Manchester United has never had a problem with having too many strikers, they enjoy having depth in that area. Macheda I can understand but having only played 14 games maximum in a season there is no proof he could last a championship season. Also a grand total of 6 goals in his career would be an even bigger gamble.

My belief is we don't need a premiership quality player. We don't have time for a luxury player. What we need is someone who has proved he can score goals for fun at this level but maybe isn't getting the time of day at another club.

Although I'd happily stick with mason and just look for someone to cover the fullbacks.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 pm

JamesC wrote:I want to see someone with some flair and some balls to take the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen!
Someone who can provide a spark when we are 1-0 or 2-0 down with 20 mins to go.

Someone like Heskey

Jokes aside.... Guidetti from Man City looks good? don't know if he's gone out on loan already though
Or the costa Rican kid from Arsenal they signed 2 years ago - meant to be really exciting

Joel Campbell?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:18 pm

hoping its beckford he do good job for us big and strong