Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky is on the search

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:44 pm

for a loan striker & defender, interesting.

Re: Malky is on the search

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Is there any names that hes got in mind? A young defender or no? :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 pm

I hope something actually comes off and we're not waiting for something that won't happen, we really needed to get a loan defender in and with Maynard being injured, I'm delighted he wants a striker. A pacey one please, not a fat tat who we'll hoof the ball to

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:for a loan striker & defender, interesting.

not saying you're wrong (hope it happens tbh) but where have you heard this from? and are there any names being linked? :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:I hope something actually comes off and we're not waiting for something that won't happen, we really needed to get a loan defender in and with Maynard being injured, I'm delighted he wants a striker. A pacey one please, not a fat tat who we'll hoof the ball to

fraizer campbell :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Also I hope he doesn't dick around with his dossier, loans in the loan window come quick and fast, you can't wait round, so fingers crossed if he's actually interested in bringing a defender and striker in that one of them come in before Saturday but very unlikely knowing him

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Not surprised Annis.

We may well be able to get a high quality loan signing, with an agreement to sign him permanently in Jan :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:51 pm

on your bike malks, Parma, malaga, dortmund, milan, bayurn munich, take your pick, :lol:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Agreed. That f'in dossier's a load of bollocks. If he really did a dossier tbere's no way we'd a signed bellers ffs!

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Agreed. That f'in dossier's a load of bollocks. If he really did a dossier tbere's no way we'd a signed bellers ffs!

Here here pal here f*cking here :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Malky has done great in the summer window so his opitions he has in mind are fantastic. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Hmmmmm :lol:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Encouraging news. Let's hope they are quality loans. It could be the difference. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Havent we got enough strikers ? :?

Velikonja from Maribor hasnt had his chance to impress , Mason has been limited , Gestede i feel sorry for , and Bellamy who imo should start instead of Helguson and sub on the 70 , another striker and Velikonja , Mason and Gestede will be wondering what they have to do to get into the team!

And yeah a defender would be nice , a young back up :)

But if Malky thinks its right then so be it

IMWT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 pm

I reckon that Jordon Rhodes fellow from Blackburn may be a good shout :D

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Makes perfect sense otherwise he wouldn't have let Earnie and Kienan go, I think the Malaysians are fully backing him this year and expect promotion.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:42 pm

oh god i hope that zigic sighting wasnt true :lol:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 pm

I just hope he isn't loaning players for the sake of it.
Unless they are good enough to go straight into the starting 11 it's a total waste of money.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 pm

LewisJoeMasonJohnson wrote:

Havent we got enough strikers ? :?

Velikonja from Maribor hasnt had his chance to impress , Mason has been limited , Gestede i feel sorry for , and Bellamy who imo should start instead of Helguson and sub on the 70 , another striker and Velikonja , Mason and Gestede will be wondering what they have to do to get into the team!

And yeah a defender would be nice , a young back up :)

But if Malky thinks its right then so be it

IMWT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

rudy is not good enough mate, and injured again. im not sure whats happening with mason though. one of our standout performers last season, but malky states that he picks the team based on how well they perform in training, maybe hes not happy with something that he sees.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 pm

I want to see someone with some flair and some balls to take the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen!
Someone who can provide a spark when we are 1-0 or 2-0 down with 20 mins to go.

Someone like Heskey

Jokes aside.... Guidetti from Man City looks good? don't know if he's gone out on loan already though
Or the costa Rican kid from Arsenal they signed 2 years ago - meant to be really exciting

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:52 pm

So much for your much vaunted squad depth this year :o

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 pm

NJ73 wrote:So much for your much vaunted squad depth this year :o

I guess Malky wants to keep strength in depth, lose one so get one :roll:
Basic maths really

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Basic maths really

don't confuse him with maths :lol:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Basic maths really

If your squad was strong enough he wouldn't have to.

But hey, keep adding to that wage bill that you can't sustain without loans at 7%. Basic maths really :thumbup:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 pm

We don't wont to put ourselves in the position that if we have anymore injuries, we may have to be playing people who are not up to the task, have no pace, no awareness, can't read the game, totally out of their depth and are embarrassing themselves and the club,.............just like you done on saturday with alan tate!!!!

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 pm

NJ73 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Basic maths really

But hey, keep adding to that wage bill that you can't sustain without loans at 7%. Basic maths really :thumbup:

Thanks for your concern, but don't worry about us......just yet ;)

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:11 pm

cityone wrote:

We don't wont to put ourselves in the position that if we have anymore injuries, we may have to be playing people who are not up to the task, have no pace, no awareness, can't read the game, totally out of their depth and are embarrassing themselves and the club,.............just like you done on saturday with alan tate!!!!

The same guy who was man of the match in the previous game you mean?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:11 pm

NJ73 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Basic maths really

now now nj!

with your latest results im hearing laudrup may be in the market for one of those italian suitcases that he thinks are ok ;)

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 pm

I think its quite insane why someone as good as joe mason is not starting

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 pm

We need someone with pace like Maynard who can keep testing the back line. It knackers out their defence and midfield which makes them less of a threat later on in games. Frazier Campbell would be a brilliant addition.

Macheda, Ángelo Henríquez or Welbeck on loan with United option to recall if they get an injury would be good because if either of them come in United still have 5 strikers. Welbeck on loan would be amazing. He must love being 4th in the pecking order behind VP, Rooney and Hernandez.

He works hard, he runs and he can finish and im sure Fergie would love him to get a lot more match time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Rodgers may also be willing to let Pacheco or Morgan go out on loan. I know he has limited resources up front so far but they have Suarez, Borini and Yesil who can all play centre and Pacheco was looking for a new club end of transfer window with Liverpool willing to let him go.

Lucas Piazón is an option from Chelsea as hes behind Torres, Sturridge and Moses in terms of forward positions. He's tall and can move.

Marvin Ducksch is an option outside of Europe. Technically gifted and would provide good link up play. He is playing 4th fiddle to Lewandowski, Reus and Scheiber.

Freddy Montero could be an option if we cheat the system as they will probably want a fee for him but easily enough just put a high loan deal in for him with the option to buy for a lower agreed fee. Cheating the system somewhat but its allowed so who really cares. However the only way we could get him is loan with option to buy him. However, if we went up he would fit right in at Premiership level.

Darren Mattocks is another, Jamaican international but we could execute the same deal in the Montero method mentioned above. Vancouver would probably want to keep him so he'd cost around £3-4m I would guess but if Tan and so forth really want us to go up then they should push the boat out.

In my opinion we should try and broker a deal for one of the two MLS players as once we unsettle them they will want to come. We can sell them the whole rebranding thing, increase our appeal in America, we can show our desire to go up and the signings made hence the internationals and they are so close to the Premiership, where every player wants to play. We can also improve their current salaries because the MLS has a strict wage cap.

A deal could be similar to the Andy Carroll one.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: