Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:37 pm

We are not shit, just have spoilt brats as fans

Re: HAVE WE EVER NOT BEEN SH-IT?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We are not shit, just have spoilt brats as fans

:lol:
have we ever scored a goal.
have we ever scored a goal

im only mesing about, no we're not shit, but I dont think it was wise shipping out defenders and leaving a start striker unreplaced with long term injury,

IMO
why dont we go to someone like parma, or malaga and take 2 talented young players on loan, firstly they have company to settle in and secondly, we could find better out in serie A or even la liga

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:51 pm

A bit of an over statement, but I do sometimes despair that we have never been THAT team.

You know, the one that's moves through two division in successive seasons, or the team that stays at the top for over half a season or the one that goes on an amazing end of season run.

I understand we have come a long way but even with money to spend we never seem to be THAT team.

I remember being in the lowest division with Fulham and Wigan, they moved on up and we languished. I remember going toe to toe with QPR and Stoke in the 2nd division, we bought the best from Stoke, we left QPR behind when we won the play-offs and where are they both now. We then made the Championship and then consolidated forever whilst Norwich, Southampton and another team, whose name I cannot remember, came up and left us behind. There are then clubs that thrive in the Play-Offs (Palace I think) and then there are us.

Not up to ten games yet though so let's wait and see what this season has to offer. I'm hoping Brighton become the new Cardiff, with great starts and a poor mid season.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Wayne S wrote:A bit of an over statement, but I do sometimes despair that we have never been THAT team.

You know, the one that's moves through two division in successive seasons, or the team that stays at the top for over half a season or the one that goes on an amazing end of season run.

I understand we have come a long way but even with money to spend we never seem to be THAT team.

I remember being in the lowest division with Fulham and Wigan, they moved on up and we languished. I remember going toe to toe with QPR and Stoke in the 2nd division, we bought the best from Stoke, we left QPR behind when we won the play-offs and where are they both now. We then made the Championship and then consolidated forever whilst Norwich, Southampton and another team, whose name I cannot remember, came up and left us behind. There are then clubs that thrive in the Play-Offs (Palace I think) and then there are us.

Not up to ten games yet though so let's wait and see what this season has to offer. I'm hoping Brighton become the new Cardiff, with great starts and a poor mid season.

have to Agree they've all up and left us,

every team with ambitions and money, reading, wigan, qpr, west ham, fulham , then the southamptons, the stoke citys, even burnley hull city, blackpool, portsmouth all pushed on and left us in the shadows, we've been a top half championship side since 2003, only the one season,
when we had to go to gillingham and scrape a point to survive late on in the season