Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT: The Great Mobile Debate - iPhone 5 or Galaxy S3

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:03 pm

I have read a load of reviews regarding these phones and there is no doubt that the S3 is more feature packed but which one do you own or would own?

My contract is due to expire next month and I am not sure on which phone I want to go for.

Currently own the Samsung Galaxy S2

Any help appreciated.

:ayatollah:

Re: OT: The Great Mobile Debate - iPhone 5 or Galaxy S3

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:08 pm

I'd get an iPhone for because it isn't plastic has great build quality and I've already spent coin on music and can't be bothered moving across to another phone when I can just get it straight from the cloud.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:10 pm

iPhone 5 every time. Better build quality and iTunes is a massive plus.

Posted from my iPhone 5 :lol:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:40 pm

I've used Android devices and to be honest I would never go back to them.
HTC are great but poor internal memory.
Samsung are as far as in aware losing a very wealthy lawsuit from Apple for Patent and copyright.

Apple have set the standard in recent years and as far as I'm concerned they will continue this in years to come.

My advice is simple, iPhone .

I'm still on the iPhone4 as I didn't see a point upgrading for 4s as there are only minor differences.

I'm considering upgrading to the 5 for better mobile network and bigger storage as I'm 16gb but want bigger.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:02 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:I have read a load of reviews regarding these phones and there is no doubt that the S3 is more feature packed but which one do you own or would own?

My contract is due to expire next month and I am not sure on which phone I want to go for.

Currently own the Samsung Galaxy S2

Any help appreciated.

:ayatollah:

iPhone ,NQAT

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:00 pm

My feeling is that as a phone the S3 is now leaps ahead of the iPhone, but Apple has a better selection of apps n things, so it's each to their own.

I'm an S2 user at the moment, but considering an early upgrade to the S3.

As an aside, I helped someone upgrade from an iPhone 3 to an iPhone 5 yesterday and it took hours. The iTunes software is ass imo, too many bugs.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:03 pm

I think the S3 much better quality and does everything you want. And your not restricted to what Apple wants. Apple have gone down hill recently every new phone is a slight upgrade of the last and just a copy of other phones. The only things the Iphone 5 has over the S3 is 4g

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:26 pm

S3 has 4G!

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:30 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:S3 has 4G!

Does it? I didnt think it did if it does I'm happier :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:38 pm

Nokia 3310

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:50 pm

People still us iTunes? Wow. Get Spotify. You can download all your play lists to your phone and you can stream 15 million songs at home or over 3g for only a few pounds a month.

As for phones. Go for a razr hd Maxx as the battery lasts twice as long as the I phone and s3 and it looks better than both of them. It should be out pretty soon. I have the razr Maxx and it is amazing.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Why pay for music when you can download it for free from the Android market. The reviews that are out clearly indicate that the IP5 isn't all that yes it has 4G but soon every Orange/Tmobile user will be updated to EE network which is 4G..

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:33 pm

JamesC wrote:Nokia 3310

Beat me to it :old:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 am

I was hoping the iPhone 5 would be brilliant, and would give me an excuse to upgrade my HTC Desire.

As it turned out there was nothing revolutionary, not much of a step up from the 4/4S, and nothing that other phone's can't already do.

I'll either for for the S3, or wait a few months for the next 'flagship' android device.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:46 am

iphone 5 :D

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:03 pm

To be fair this shouldnt even be open for debate, the S3 wins hands down. All the iClone 5 has done is play catch up and the reason Crapple keep suing Samsung is because they know they are way behind now. Still all the brain washed sheep will get an iClone no doubt

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:12 pm

S3 hands down ... The phone has twice as many features as the iPhone, it's got a beast of a processor, you can change the battery when it starts to get crappy after a while,

the voice commands are better, my buddy in work has the iPhone and we stuck them next to each other and asked for directions to Bristol zoo and the S3 had loaded it's sat nav from our location, while the iPhone was still searching.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Apperantly Samsung are soon to sue Apple as soon as the Iphone 5 is released to pay them back from the last lawsuit :lol:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:16 pm

the smart phones are def leaving apple behind.

the s3 is by far the most advanced phone on the market, the htc one x is also going to be one of the ultimate smartphones.

it will have the first quadcore processor, 4.7 inch hd screen.

iphone 5 doest have a hd screen! which even the sony xperia t has!

it isnt really that much of an upgrade from the 4s, apple lovers will probably love it, but i cant help think apple are keeping things back for the next 1!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 pm

s4 rumoured to be out around April :D

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:46 pm

paulh_85 wrote:s4 rumoured to be out around April :D

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/sams ... aapl-apple

thats the dillema im in now though. contract up next thursday, ive always been given 18 month contracts by orange direct, but im assuming its going to be at least a 24 month contract now, so do i want to be stuck with a phone for 2 yrs that is going to be replaced in the new year.