Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Team against Blackpool

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Do you think Malky will make many changes? Be good to see him try something new, what would your line up be?

..................Marshall.

........ Kev Hudson Turner Taylor.

.............Mutch/Gunnarson.

..Noone Kim Bellamy.

........Mason Velikonja.

I think this could be a killer line up, whitts given a rest. Could play a 4 4 2 instead with Cowie and Kim in the centre.

Re: Team against Blackpool

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:53 pm

why rest whitts? :shock:

not the team i would go for, but what i think will play....

Marshall

Kev
Turner
Hudson
Taylor

Noone
Whitts
Mutch
Smith

Bellamy
Helguson

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Marshall

McNaughton
Taylor
Hudson
Connolly

Noone
Whittingham
Mutch
Smith

Bellamy
Helguson

Helguson is getting some stick but I don't think we have another striker able to hold the ball up and bring the midfield into play. Without Helguson I think the ball will be coming back at us all the time. He's better in the air and at holding the ball up than Bellamy, Mason or Velikonja anyway. I also think Taylor will get torn apart my Matty Phillips or Thomas Ince so I would bring in Turner and play Connolly full back. We need to be solid defensively against this dangerous looking Blackpool side to stand any chance of taking something from the game, otherwise Blackpool might be out of sight by half time.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Looks good, rest Whitts just to give him a rest. Better still, play him against Blackpool and Brum. Then rest him against Ipswitch or Forest... need to give him more rests this season if we wish to get the best out off him :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Caerdydd12 wrote:Looks good, rest Whitts just to give him a rest. Better still, play him against Blackpool and Brum. Then rest him against Ipswitch or Forest... need to give him more rests this season if we wish to get the best out off him :ayatollah:

or better still. dont rest him, let him rest in the interantional break thats coming up

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Marshall
McNaughton Hudson Connolly Taylor
Noone Whitts Mutch Smith
Helguson Mason

Bellamy was woeful on Saturday, deserves to be dropped.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 pm

....................Marshall......................

Kev........hudson........Turner..........taylor

------------Whitts.........Mutch--------------

--Smith------------------------------Noone----

--------------------Bellamy-------------------

..................Velikjona......................

Subs: Lewis, Connolly, Cowie, Kim, Mason, Kiss, Helguson,

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:20 pm

.....................Marshall.....................
Kev.......Hudson.............Turner......Taylor
.....................Gunnar.......................
.............Mutch............Whitts............
Smith...................................Noone
.....................Mason.......................

More of a 4-3-3 with Smith and Noone supplying Mason, and Mutch and Whitts pushing up from midfield.

IMO Gunnar would be ideal as Blackpool have a lot of pace on the break so he could play more defensively to break things up :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:47 am

Seeing as Ben Turner was on the bench Saturday he must be close to being ready to start and considering our back four were not great against Palace I think he will.

If Mutch is fit I think he'll come back in too (Is he fit?)

The big question is what Malky will do up front and with the formation.

Cant see him dropping Helguson and although he gave away the pen and he's not set the place alight since he arrived he does win ball up front and link play.

I cant see him leaving Noone out again and if CB39 is fit I can see him given a free role behind the striker.

This is going to be a difficult game in my opinion but Blackpool will be thinking the same.

Personally, I hope Kim Bo Kyung gets a decent run out :old: