Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ARE WE LACKING A

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:17 am

20 + GOALS STRIKER
Unfortunately we have lost NM for a long period and looking at the season so far do you feel we are lacking a striker who can bang 20 goals in?,Whitts is our highest scorer at the moment and many of our goals have come from set pieces so what do you think MM should do about this problem?,also we have shipped 4 goals to Bristol C and Palace who I consider mid table teams is this good enough to get us to the summit?.

Goalscorers
Rank Player LG FA LC EU OTH Total
1 Peter Whittingham 5 0 0 0 0 5
2 Heidar Helguson 1 0 0 0 0 2
3 Craig Bellamy 1 0 0 0 0 1
3 Don Cowie 1 0 0 0 0 1
3 Aron Gunnarsson 1 0 0 0 0 1
3 Mark Hudson 1 0 0 0 0 1
3 Joe Mason 1 0 0 0 0 1
3 Craig Noone 1 0 0 0 0 1

Re: ARE WE LACKING A

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:53 am

dazzyt wrote:20 + GOALS STRIKER
Unfortunately we have lost NM for a long period and looking at the season so far do you feel we are lacking a striker who can bang 20 goals in?,Whitts is our highest scorer at the moment and many of our goals have come from set pieces so what do you think MM should do about this problem?,also we have shipped 4 goals to Bristol C and Palace who I consider mid table teams is this good enough to get us to the summit?.

Goalscorers
3 Don Cowie 1 0 0 0 0 1
3 Joe Mason 1 0 0 0 0 1

We shipped 4 to Bristol, 3 to Palace.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:22 am

I Bleed Blue wrote:
dazzyt wrote:20 + GOALS STRIKER

Goalscorers
3 Don Cowie 1 0 0 0 0 1
3 Joe Mason 1 0 0 0 0 1

We shipped 4 to Bristol, 3 to Palace.

Apologies forgot to alter that cheers

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 am

I do feel that we are missing a 20 plus goal striker :|

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:00 pm

We have Joe Mason who is probably the most coolest, clinical finisher I have ever seen in a City shirt, I honestly mean that from what I saw of him last season. Did he ever fluff a chance? For some reason Malky isn't playing him. Maynard out is a massive blow but for me, we have Noone, Smith, Kim-Bo, Conway and Cowie for the wings, we are strong enough on the wings for Bellamy's permanent position to be up front to cover Maynard this season imo. With Mason, Bellamy, Helguson and Velikonja, plus Rudy to come back from injury, we have options up front and I don't think we will be able to bring any striker in during the loan market who's better than what we have to choose from at the moment.

In answer to your post, I think Mason would get 20 goals for us if he played regularly, especially with the supply he would get this season compared to last season. I think Bellamy can play up front and when he needs to be rested, Mason can step in, assuming Malky will stick with Helguson up front. Mason and Bellamy may also be a very interesting partnership mind and I would like to see this being given a go at some point. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:34 pm

You may be right there Dazzy for all the talk of the promised land and top 2 we need to actually do it on the pitch.

Sadly I dont think at the minute we have a 20 goal plus striker and coupled with the fact i don't think the back four are strong enough IMO, I feel possibly the play off's may be our destiny.

I hope I am proved wrong mind but Whitts certainly seems to be on fire in the early part of the season which is a bonus :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Some good responses,I agree Mason would get close if he played regular and so could Smith,not sure Bellamy(depending where he plays) or Helguson would net 20 due to the amount of games they are likely to play but maybe 20 + between them,I don't know enough about Velikonja and Gestede is a no no for me.I do think we have the midfield to provide so hopefully one of the above will step up to the plate.

Here is a list of the top scorers in the division as of today 24th Sept

Austin Burnley 7
Davies Barnsley 7
Becchio Leeds 6
Ince Blackpool 6
Mac-Smith Brighton 6
Murray C Palace 5
Rhodes Blackburn 5
Whitts Cardiff 5 :ayatollah:
Baldock Bristol C 4
Eagles Bolton 4
Nugent Leicester 4
Gomes Blackburn 4
Vydra Watford 4
Ward Derby 4
Barnes Brighton 3
Dikgacoi C Palace 3
Eb-Blake Wolves 3
Faye Hull City 3
R Johnson Sheff W 3
King Bmingham 3
Simpson Hull City 3
Woolford Bristol C 3

Who would be your regular pairing or lone striker should MM play 4-5-1 now Maynard is out?
...........................................................................................................

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:12 pm

We don't need one player to score 20 goals, reading didn't have one.

As long as others are scoring I don't think it matters.