Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mike Tyson knockouts

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:04 am

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a5c_1348407052
:ayatollah:

Re: Mike Tyson knockouts

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Now this guy was a legend, i was brought up on tyson fights as a kid boxing, i bet half our new fans have never seen him before so click the link and watch some animal anger going to town on other peoples heads :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:23 pm

the way he ducks then springs up with a hook is frightening :shock: shattering peoples faces all over the place :lol:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:26 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Now this guy was a legend, i was brought up on tyson fights as a kid boxing, i bet half our new fans have never seen him before so click the link and watch some animal anger going to town on other peoples heads :lol: :ayatollah:

Ian, I loved all of his fights, saw him live in Manchester Arena. Just a pity he had no one there to support him and give him good advice. Ali still my all time NO1. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:42 pm

Sugar Ray Robinson is a fighter i would of loved to have seen :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzAj3DAeGcg

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:46 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:Sugar Ray Robinson is a fighter i would of loved to have seen :ayatollah:

Another great. :ayatollah:

And on about Sugar, Sugar Ray Leonard was another favourite of mine, booked to a dinner with him in Santa Ponsa last year, but he had to cancel at the last minute, gutted.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:Sugar Ray Robinson is a fighter i would of loved to have seen :ayatollah:

And on about Sugar, Sugar Ray Leonard was another favourite of mine, booked to a dinner with him in Santa Ponsa last year, but he had to cancel at the last minute, gutted.

that wouldve been incredible, 3 losses and two of them were failed comebacks, great fighter :ayatollah: im really exited about that saul alvarez kid, only 22 and has had 42 fights already, his first pro fight at 15 and hes already beat cotto and mosley :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:02 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

that wouldve been incredible, 3 losses and two of them were failed comebacks, great fighter :ayatollah: im really exited about that saul alvarez kid, only 22 and has had 42 fights already, his first pro fight at 15 and hes already beat cotto and mosley :ayatollah:

I will have to look out for him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lost a lot of interest in boxing the last few years, but will look out for Alvarez kid. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I will have to look out for him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lost a lot of interest in boxing the last few years, but will look out for Alvarez kid. :ayatollah:

yeah boxing would be better imo if it was run better, so fighters couldnt duck each other or something along those lines :ayatollah:

and that alvarez is all over youtube, he beat hattons brother a year or two back, rumours that he will be fighting mayweather soon but golden by promotions does not want him to yet :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Now this guy was a legend, i was brought up on tyson fights as a kid boxing, i bet half our new fans have never seen him before so click the link and watch some animal anger going to town on other peoples heads :lol: :ayatollah:

Ian, I loved all of his fights, saw him live in Manchester Arena. Just a pity he had no one there to support him and give him good advice. Ali still my all time NO1. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ali has to be one of the best ever i agree, such fighters like roberto duran, marvin hagler, sugar ray and a few others around at the time when i started boxing even these was older fighters hgetting on abit back then, but top notch battle rams :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:41 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ali has to be one of the best ever i agree, such fighters like roberto duran, marvin hagler, sugar ray and a few others around at the time when i started boxing even these was older fighters hgetting on abit back then, but top notch battle rams :ayatollah:

Love everyone of them Ian, but Ali still my favourite. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:55 pm

I grew up with the Legends of the 70s, with all the Heavyweights that fought then would be legends in any area. Mike Tyson when he was a teenager used to scare the shit out of me and i wasn't fighting him :lol: . He rained on fear and i honestly thought he would kill someone in the ring. And the fact Tyson and myself are the same age within weeks of each other made it ....WOW.
But then he fought Buster Douglas and i will always remember that night as i was pissed as a fart and woke up with this right minger :o :lol: and on the news in the morning it showed Tyson being knocked out.
But in truth he was a brawler and a brawler will always loose against a good Boxer and that is so true. Hollyfield even though he was in truth only a Cruiser weight was ten times better than Tyson. Tyson could not handle Hollyfields skill speed and Power when they fought. But Tyson's invincibility disappeared before his 19th birthday, And in my opinion he was a myth on how good he actually was :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Mayweather Jnr is the only boxer of the modern era who could have went toe to toe with the greats of previous generations. The guy is just different class compared to what is out there today and he has only stepped it up 3 times in his whole career, against De La Hoya, Judah and Mosley when he got tagged he turned it on and put Shane back in his place with sheer class. Floyd rarely steps out of 1st gear in the modern era and I believe against an era where there was a lot of greats we would have seen him in some all time classic fights.

Ali and Sugar Ray still the greatest two for me though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:33 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Mayweather Jnr is the only boxer of the modern era who could have went toe to toe with the greats of previous generations. The guy is just different class compared to what is out there today and he has only stepped it up 3 times in his whole career, against De La Hoya, Judah and Mosley when he got tagged he turned it on and put Shane back in his place with sheer class. Floyd rarely steps out of 1st gear in the modern era and I believe against an era where there was a lot of greats we would have seen him in some all time classic fights.

Ali and Sugar Ray still the greatest two for me though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But Floydy aint a heavyweight Chief

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:Mayweather Jnr is the only boxer of the modern era who could have went toe to toe with the greats of previous generations. The guy is just different class compared to what is out there today and he has only stepped it up 3 times in his whole career, against De La Hoya, Judah and Mosley when he got tagged he turned it on and put Shane back in his place with sheer class. Floyd rarely steps out of 1st gear in the modern era and I believe against an era where there was a lot of greats we would have seen him in some all time classic fights.

I know he isn't but I was on about all time boxers in my post buddy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Saul Alvarez is a good boxer but his record is filled with quite a few nobodies which in theory is good as it gets him names on his record but it also bloats it and thus misjudges those who don't seriously follow the sport.

Im an avid boxing fan and you know the sport is dire when the thing you are hoping the most for is that Brook KO's Khan. It might not happen and Khan would be favourite but I'd love to see it happen just because of the way Khan speaks like he is untouchable. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:43 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

I know he isn't but I was on about all time boxers in my post buddy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Saul Alvarez is a good boxer but his record is filled with quite a few nobodies which in theory is good as it gets him names on his record but it also bloats it and thus misjudges those who don't seriously follow the sport.

Im an avid boxing fan and you know the sport is dire when the thing you are hoping the most for is that Brook KO's Khan. It might not happen and Khan would be favourite but I'd love to see it happen just because of the way Khan speaks like he is untouchable. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Are you going to see Cleverly fight Chief ?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i hope you know that he didnt beat miguel cotto but the lesser known cotto ;) mosley is his biggest win to date imo and even then mosley now on the tail end of a great carrer but i am excited for the future fights hes going to be a bigger star than he is now, outclassed matthew magic hatton and one of my favourite british fighters ever in ryan rhodes (happy retirement)

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:12 pm

citybluechris wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i hope you know that he didnt beat miguel cotto but the lesser known cotto ;) mosley is his biggest win to date imo and even then mosley now on the tail end of a great carrer but i am excited for the future fights hes going to be a bigger star than he is now, outclassed matthew magic hatton and one of my favourite british fighters ever in ryan rhodes (happy retirement)

my mistake! the miguel name threw me off, they are brothers though arent they? even still the kids only 22 hes going to be big imo

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
citybluechris wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

my mistake! the miguel name threw me off, they are brothers though arent they? even still the kids only 22 hes going to be big imo

yeah they are brothers must be confusing with both miguel in thier names lol i would love to see alavarez and miguel cotto though at some point

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 pm

citybluechris wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
citybluechris wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

yeah they are brothers must be confusing with both miguel in thier names lol i would love to see alavarez and miguel cotto though at some point

yeah :lol: that guerrero guy who wants to fight mayweather would be a good idea for a step up for alvarez i reckon

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Are you going to see Cleverly fight Chief ?

Unlikely mate as im just starting uni this week now, getting back into lectures at last thank God! (never thought I'd say that in my life but there you go :lol: ).

I will be going out though and watching it down the pub with a bunch of mates from South Wales. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yourself?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:36 pm

yeah :lol: that guerrero guy who wants to fight mayweather would be a good idea for a step up for alvarez i reckon[/quote]

robert guerrero very underatted and not afraid move up in weight, i think that be a great matchup but defo suites alvarez since guerrero relativley small anyway but defo one the most avoided boxers up there with sergio martienez who now deserves his dream match with mayweather

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 pm

citybluechris wrote:yeah :lol: that guerrero guy who wants to fight mayweather would be a good idea for a step up for alvarez i reckon

robert guerrero very underatted and not afraid move up in weight, i think that be a great matchup but defo suites alvarez since guerrero relativley small anyway but defo one the most avoided boxers up there with sergio martienez who now deserves his dream match with mayweather[/quote]

there could be a lot of good fights if these promoters got their act together :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:51 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
citybluechris wrote:yeah :lol: that guerrero guy who wants to fight mayweather would be a good idea for a step up for alvarez i reckon

robert guerrero very underatted and not afraid move up in weight, i think that be a great matchup but defo suites alvarez since guerrero relativley small anyway but defo one the most avoided boxers up there with sergio martienez who now deserves his dream match with mayweather

there could be a lot of good fights if these promoters got their act together :ayatollah:[/quote]

money is money these days promoters dont give a f**k about the fans and wont risk thier boxers unless it makes a whole lot of cash for them, sad but thats way the sports business is.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:03 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Unlikely mate as im just starting uni this week now, getting back into lectures at last thank God! (never thought I'd say that in my life but there you go :lol: ).

I will be going out though and watching it down the pub with a bunch of mates from South Wales. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yourself?

Yes defo going. If you can get down the CCS on wed 2pm Clev is doing a training session there :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 am

Some great names mentioned in this thread, Tyson was my first boxing hero growing up. Just wondering where any of you would put Calzaghe in the list of all time greats? Not many get to retire undefeated the way he did.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 am

Scots Jack you can only fight who is put in front of you and he beat the best in the world at that given time era. His victory over lacy will go down for me as the biggest master lass I have ever witnessed . Is he an all time great well everyone will have there own views on that but we would never know. How would of Benn V Joe or even Eubanks when he was at his best ?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:15 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Scots Jack you can only fight who is put in front of you and he beat the best in the world at that given time era. His victory over lacy will go down for me as the biggest master lass I have ever witnessed . Is he an all time great well everyone will have there own views on that but we would never know. How would of Benn V Joe or even Eubanks when he was at his best ?

I think that one day he'll be regarded as one of the very best there was, as you say, you can only beat who is put in front of you... Which he did in every single one of his fights.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:38 am

scotsjack wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Scots Jack you can only fight who is put in front of you and he beat the best in the world at that given time era. His victory over lacy will go down for me as the biggest master lass I have ever witnessed . Is he an all time great well everyone will have there own views on that but we would never know. How would of Benn V Joe or even Eubanks when he was at his best ?

I think that one day he'll be regarded as one of the very best there was, as you say, you can only beat who is put in front of you... Which he did in every single one of his fights.

i saw a thing on tv and both benn and eubank were bigging up j.c as the best.in their hey days im not so sure on the outcome of any fights between eubank and j.c or benn and j.c.i would say eubank would have given him the closest run for his money.i,m sure j.c said his toughest fight was eubank.don,t forget that was a near the end for c.e v a boxer who,s time had arrived.also eubank had been fighting at l/h and cruiserweight so had to shift a load of weight in 2wks.tbf to j.c people will say a washed up roy jones and a old benard hopkins are not the real deal.well you can only fight what,s in front of you at the time.joe was superb and did what he had to do.of course he is a great.no doubt.lacy and kessler were the two to beat and he did it. proper taught the american a lesson in boxing

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:53 pm

What annoys me when people knock joe is when they say he beat an old jones jr and hopkins, yet they never mention they were joes last fights too! The differance is joe didnt stick around longer than he should have like the other two. Yeah hopkins done ok after but jones turned into a joke, calzaghe done the right thing imo, its mainly the yanks who dont rate him :ayatollah: