Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do Arsenal have what it takes and Premier League predictions

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:45 pm

A lot of people really seem to be billing them up and think they could win the premier league this season, what are your thoughts on this?

Personally I just don't think they have enough. No doubt they have had a very strong start to the season and so far their defence has looked watertight and fair play to them for accomplishing that because the last few years their defence has been what has let them down. Surprised about Vito Mannone too, been really good for Arsenal this season.

If they can get Giroud to click with Podolski out on wide left I think Arsenal will push Chelsea all the way to the premier league title but I just don't think Arsenal have enough personally.

I think come next May this is what the Premier League table will look like:

1st Chelsea
2nd Manchester United
3rd Arsenal
4th Manchester City
5th Liverpool
6th Everton
7th Tottenham
8th Fulham
9th Newcastle United
10th West Brom
11th QPR
12th Wigan
13th West Ham
14th Sunderland
15th Southampton
16th Stoke City
17th Reading
18th Swansea City
19th Aston Villa
20th Norwich

A couple of odd placements I know but I have this feeling that Wigan, Liverpool and QPR are going to have a pretty good season. I think as soon as Mark Hughes gets the right blend and formation QPR will really come out of their shell and surprise a lot of teams.

I really can't see how Norwich are going to stay up because I just don't think they have good enough players. Same goes for Villa and the Jacks. Second season syndrome going to hit both Norwich and Swansea.

The title race? I think it's a three way race between Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal. Had a feeling Manchester City wouldn't do well before the season started and they haven't exactly been great so far. Manchester City haven't lost any players of real importance to them but they have not looked as good as last season so far and I just can't see them picking it up. They need to trim their squad because they have top quality players who need and deserve game time but aren't getting it. All having a massive effect on team morale and team spirit, it's already starting to happen to last seasons champions.

Re: Do Arsenal have what it takes and Premier League predictions

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:55 pm

United will win the league, streets ahead of the rest. Huge mistake by Mancini to not try and sign Van Persie.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:19 am

Arsenal I would expect to finish in the top 4. although I think arsene wenger deserves better the way he's been let down by the club with lack of ambition. if it wasn't for him they would be a different side.

I think 3rd will be about right,

IMO man city wont win the league,

man utd will drop points if van persie gets injured and rooney isn't 100% fit at that time

Chelsea will come a close 2nd regardless maybe even win the league if the injury prone VP suffers any blows

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:22 am

i cant see liverpool troubling the top 6

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:35 am

Man Utd
Man city
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
Everton

Thats my guess of the top 6 prem fisnish at the moment. Not in any order.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 pm

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Man City
4. Arsenal
5. Everton
6. Newcastle
7. Fulham
8. Tottenham
9. Liverpool
10.Sunderland
11.Stoke
12.West Brom
13.West Ham
14.Wigan
15.Reading
16.Southampton
17.Aston Villa
18.Swansea
19.Norwich
20.QPR

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Chelsea wont win they arent that good 4th at best. They havent played anyone big so far and they got thrashed by Athletico Madrid. United are the better team so far but City will still be right up there they might be playing poorly but they are still winning games. I think Arsenal could go along way but its whether they can get Giroud firing. I think Spurs could pip 4th ahead of Chelsea if they start to get a bit of form now.

1st Man United
2nd Man City
3rd Arsenal
4th Chelsea
5th Tottenham
6th Everton