Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LIVERPOOL V MAN UTD THE SAD FACT IS

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:36 pm

More than half of the people on this forum will actually be supporting one of them but won't admit it :o ?
Then they will come on here confessing their love for Cardiff City.

Re: LIVERPOOL V MAN UTD THE SAD FACT IS

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:38 pm

dazzyt wrote:More than half of the people on this forum will actually be supporting one of them but won't admit it :o ?

Worse still the pubs in South Wales will be bursting with fake Mancs and Scousers.

Couldn't give a monkeys myself.

Watching the cricket :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:44 pm

All depends on my bets, today I will be supporting Man U, Man city and the Miami Dolphins.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Usually I pick a team to support for 90 minutes, but I don't like either teams so I'm Switzerland :D

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
dazzyt wrote:More than half of the people on this forum will actually be supporting one of them but won't admit it :o ?

Worse still the pubs in South Wales will be bursting with fake Mancs and Scousers.

:ayatollah:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:47 pm

dazzyt wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Mind you they are just yapping at the moment as well.

Turned over to look at the score and there were players going down like they had been shot all over... :lol:

And Aberdeen Motherwell has finished...

Oh well back to Formula 1 :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:48 pm

im watching, dont care who wins, just like watching football on a sunday. will also be watching man city v arsenal.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:49 pm

I think of the newer fans we have gained since Dave Jones reign were prob supporting other clubs albeit through match of the day etc...... So I guess many CCFC fans may look for other prem clubs results although you would hope the longer they watch CCFC they should only be tuned into the Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Dazzy, Never ever liked either, in fact I cant stand Premiership Clubs, I use to have a like for Chelsea but not since they were in the Premiership.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:03 pm

mark my word
evryone of the man/liverpool shirt wearing brigade will blurt out their hatred towards england and come out in force supporting wales when the egg chasing is on

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Dazzy, Never ever liked either, in fact I cant stand Premiership Clubs, I use to have a like for Chelsea but not since they were in the Premiership.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:25 pm

englishbluebird wrote:mark my word
evryone of the man/liverpool shirt wearing brigade will blurt out their hatred towards england and come out in force supporting wales when the egg chasing is on

Couldn't agree more! :ayatollah:

I'm sick of hearing, "The reason i support Man Utd/Liverpool is because my dad 'supports' them"

I don't think a father sat in his armchair, wearing a replica top, on a Sunday afternoon can be classed as a real supporter :roll:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:28 pm

or the old I support man U becuase of ryan giggs :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:37 pm

englishbluebird wrote:or the old I support man U becuase of ryan giggs :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: funny because it's true

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:45 pm

Pooler_BlueBird wrote:

I'm sick of hearing, "The reason i support Man Utd/Liverpool is because my dad 'supports' them"

I don't think a father sat in his armchair, wearing a replica top, on a Sunday afternoon can be classed as a real supporter :roll:

If every club was limited to real supporters no club would have no more than 30,000 fans. Even United would probably only have around that much as every time OT is full around 40,000 of them are plastics from all over the world who have paid stupid money to see the club they claim to love.

All this real supporter nonsense is boring now. If they buy merchandise and a TV subscription then fair enough, they are paying into the pot that keeps the whole thing ticking over.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:49 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Pooler_BlueBird wrote:

If every club was limited to real supporters no club would have no more than 30,000 fans. Even United would probably only have around that much as every time OT is full around 40,000 of them are plastics from all over the world who have paid stupid money to see the club they claim to love.

All this real supporter nonsense is boring now. If they buy merchandise and a TV subscription then fair enough, they are paying into the pot that keeps the whole thing ticking over.

Exactlly its up to them if they want to support united or chelsea or liverpool. They wont get to see them play much is what I find sad but I'm proud to be a City supporter thats all that matters and dont feel the need to get annoyed about others

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:52 pm

I go to every home and nearly every away at Cardiff city.

I lived in England until I was 20 I'm 30 now supported Man U growing up so yes I still support them bet them and go to a few games a year too

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:54 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Pooler_BlueBird wrote:

... and all the mugs in South Wales who put their money into Man U and Liverpool are just helping keep football in the North West strong and reducing the chance of ever having sustainable top level footy in their own area.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:57 pm

Its the biggest game in the world today. History, fans, rivalry, trophies. No matter who you support, its football and this is always the biggest football game for any neutral. I dont follow Barca or madrid but i still watch them when they are on. Same goes for Internationals. I watch every WC and Euros as do 99% on here but Wales never qualify.

No shame in watching todays games or wanting a team to win. If you have a kid and you want him to be a pro player. Do you tell him to watch a championship player or gerrard, scholes etc? No brainer.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:00 pm

I just dont get how someone from south wales could wear a chelsea top then start claiming to be anti english,british etc#
at least when I lived in England my mates were honest and said they wont support Grimsby Town because they are shit :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:01 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Pooler_BlueBird wrote:

You're right, but I was never arguing that.

I live in Pontypool, and the town is full of these man utd/Liverpool fans. However, if Cardiff are in a cup final for example, they'll be there claiming they've supported city for years :lol:

It'll be the same if we were promoted to the PL
Last edited by I'm Feeling Blue on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Its the biggest game in the world today. History, fans, rivalry, trophies. No matter who you support, its football and this is always the biggest football game for any neutral. I dont follow Barca or madrid but i still watch them when they are on. Same goes for Internationals. I watch every WC and Euros as do 99% on here but Wales never qualify.

No shame in watching todays games or wanting a team to win. If you have a kid and you want him to be a pro player. Do you tell him to watch a championship player or gerrard, scholes etc? No brainer.

Actually, you tell him to watch Peter Whittingham :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:03 pm

I support 2 teams, cardiff, and whoever ive got money on

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Not me. Only ever supported Cardiff. No room in my book for anyone to support 2 teams - that's just pathetic.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:06 pm

The Liverpool plastics are the current generation of armchair fans who's fathers were the same and claimed to be huge Liverpool fans when they were actually good...70's & early 80's

The Mancs are the ones who grew up in a Utd kit from the time they started to walk 'cos Utd were the best then.

Neither set are real football fans as they don't go to games, they just pop on their replicas and go to the pub to watch the game shouting at the box :roll:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Pooler_BlueBird wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Pooler_BlueBird wrote:

I live in Pontypool, and the town is full of these man utd/Liverpool fans. However, if Cardiff are in a cup final for example, they'll be there claiming they've supported city for years :lol:

United had big crowds even when they werent successful.

I remember the gooners getting crowds of 18000 at home though and it wasnt exactly a long time ago!

I agree that big teams (united, liverpool basically) might have a % in the crowd that are there to take pics and sightsee, but they could also fill that ground if the true fans could actually get there hands on tickets, if they were reasonably priced etc.

Teams like chelsea and arsenal though couldnt sell out if they tried without the holiday makers! Where were chelsea fans in the early 90s, and arsenal fans when george took over and they finised 12th?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:
Pooler_BlueBird wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Pooler_BlueBird wrote:

United had big crowds even when they werent successful.

I remember the gooners getting crowds of 18000 at home though and it wasnt exactly a long time ago!

I agree that big teams (united, liverpool basically) might have a % in the crowd that are there to take pics and sightsee, but they could also fill that ground if the true fans could actually get there hands on tickets, if they were reasonably priced etc.

Teams like chelsea and arsenal though couldnt sell out if they tried without the holiday makers! Where were chelsea fans in the early 90s, and arsenal fans when george took over and they finised 12th?

In truth, couldn't answer that question because i wasn't old enough in the early to mid 90's. :lol:

But you make a good point, and I can't argue with what you're saying!

But to be more relevant to our club, it bugs me that it takes a cup final etc. for these people in question to follow City

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Glad I am not one of them :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:03 pm

people I work with have already added ..........and swansea to their english premiership team of choice :o :o :o

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Was supporting Liverpool but only because I support 2 teams; City and whoever's playing Man Ure