Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DID THE MANAGER

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:44 am

In your opinions DID the manager get his team selection and tactics right for the Crystal Palace game? .Would like your opinions and comments as to what he did or did not

Re: DID THE MANAGER

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:35 am

No.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 am

I didn't see the game, only the FL highlights, but to be 2 up would suggest yes. The three goals given away were criminal and stupid.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:24 pm

as soon as i heard mutch was injured and noone on the bench i knew it was going to be a tough day!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:30 pm

My only disappointment is, that when they got their first goal, the alarm bells were ringing yet Malky did'nt change things. Why bring Kimbo on with four minutes to go.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:34 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:My only disappointment is, that when they got their first goal, the alarm bells were ringing yet Malky did'nt change things. Why bring Kimbo on with four minutes to go.

This. Should have brought on Noone after the first goal so at least we had a threat on the break with fresh legs. Those bursts and counter attacks take up time, all time defenders can use to get their breath back and reshape. I think Malky got it wrong but as long as stay solid at home this year we'll go up.

All I ask is the CCS becomes a fortress and an intimidating place for opposition to come.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Most definitely, keeps blaming individual errors, we had individual errors at Bristol, learn from mistakes! Noone should have started, I thought Cowie would be on the wing but fair play he was in his rightful position of CM, Gunnarsson shouldn't have started, the tactics were dreadful, we didn't deserve to take the lead at all or even go two nil up, the tactics were incredibly negative, I can put up with 4-5-1 but not a negative 4-5-1 with a 35 year old no pace striker chasing poor balls. MM was at fault for being too stubborn and making substitutes at the wrong time, at 2-1 we should have made a sub, the damage was already done when we made the subs, the players looked very disinterested and the ethos that Malky thrives on was definitely not there yesterday, it's up to Malky to motivate them

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Mackay got it wrong,and to be honest,it was on the cards,he doesn't know his best team,he doesn't know how to play away from home,hence the bizarre team selection,the dogma of playing 451 no matter what team your playing,against his complete inability to use his substitutes correctly....i make this plea to our owners,"you have made controversial decisions in the past ie the rebranding,knowing full well it was bound to upset Forverblue,now bite the bullet once again,replace Makay with a more experience manager,my own suggestions would be Neil Warnock or push the boat out and pay what it takes to persuade Harry Redknapp to take over,if you think you need to give Mackay more time to get his act together,thats fine by me,but bare this in mind,you have invested millions of pounds into this club,dont waste it by letting an inexperience manager who in my opinion is completely out of his depth"