Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A QUICK THOUGHT ON ANNIS'S THREAD ABOUT WILL WE OR WON'T WE

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:12 am

In my opinion and I'm sure many others are of the same, the loss of Nicky Maynard is a massive blow for us. Everybody is calling for Bellamy to play through the middle because of the quality of our wingers and to an extent I agree. But we have a 1 million pound striker Etien Velikonja sitting on his arse and not being given a chance. If we are spending that sort of money on a player he needs to be close to being in the first team. So do you think Malky will now give him a chance, I have and always will believe in pace out wide and up top, now we've got it I honestly believe we will go up, as long as people like Etien Velikonja prove to be value for money. I don't think many people have ever seen such a strong attacking squad like we have now. I honestly believe this is our year !

Re: A QUICK THOUGHT ON ANNIS'S THREAD ABOUT WILL WE OR WON'T WE

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:32 am

i said this in the week and got shot down a little.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93010

mutch missing yesterday was a huge loss and not playing noone was a ridiculous decision has he has created and caused problems in all the games hes played so far.

we had near 6 mil in new signings on the bench. if malky thinks they are not there yet for first xi (i.e. kimbo and velikonja) then we are not as strong in depth as we think we are. what was the point in bringing kimbo on at 88 mins or mason at 82??? way too late to make an impact. mason should start in the maynard role, he has the ability, the longer he is out of action the rustier he his going to get and his confidence will go, ehich it looked like when he came on against wolves.

we are going to have to be at our utmost best for blackpool who are scoring goals for fun, i think i would stick turner back in to toughen up a bit and hope that mutch is back plus starting noone.

we also need to assess how we are going to play and set up away from home as to me the players dont have a clue what they are supposed to be doing.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Why not put it in Annis' thread then?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i said this in the week and got shot down a little.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93010

mutch missing yesterday was a huge loss and not playing noone was a ridiculous decision has he has created and caused problems in all the games hes played so far.

we had near 6 mil in new signings on the bench. if malky thinks they are not there yet for first xi (i.e. kimbo and velikonja) then we are not as strong in depth as we think we are. what was the point in bringing kimbo on at 88 mins or mason at 82??? way too late to make an impact. mason should start in the maynard role, he has the ability, the longer he is out of action the rustier he his going to get and his confidence will go, ehich it looked like when he came on against wolves.

we are going to have to be at our utmost best for blackpool who are scoring goals for fun, i think i would stick turner back in to toughen up a bit and hope that mutch is back plus starting noone.

we also need to assess how we are going to play and set up away from home as to me the players dont have a clue what they are supposed to be doing.

thats exactly how it looked yesterday