Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just seen the goals

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:21 am

WTF self destruction isn't the word

Taylor should be fined for that hand ball
Connelly looked unlucky but maybe should have done better
Helguson looked outside the box IMO and was unlucky but at least it was gd to see a striker working hard.

Re: Just seen the goals

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:50 am

lol, unbeleivable!

helguson commits a completely stupid challenge and you praise him for working hard? :shock:

joke of a challange

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:58 am

2blue2handle wrote:WTF self destruction isn't the word

Helguson looked outside the box IMO and was unlucky but at least it was gd to see a striker working hard.

Totally agree about Taylor. No need to raise hand. Connolly should have done better. Helguson was poorly timed but outside box.

Marshall needs to look at himself with the 2 pens (might seem harsh) as Right Footed players 90% of time hit to keepers right. Both pens went to his right. Can't understand why the coaches dont tell him to go to right for right footers and left for left footers.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:01 am

What was Marshall doing for the 2nd goal ? The angle Murray had meant he could only go for a near post shot so how did it get thru ?

Taylor should be made to walk around with his arms taped to his sides - the hand ball was the sort of thing you see in an under 8 game !

Helgusson far too reckless even if it looked marginally outside the box .

So disappointing especially after chucking away a 2 goal lead :evil:
The Bristol and Palace defeats were both of our own making with stupid defensive mistakes which the manager cannot do anything about no matter what players are on the pitch !

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:26 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Marshall needs to look at himself with the 2 pens (might seem harsh) as Right Footed players 90% of time hit to keepers right. Both pens went to his right. Can't understand why the coaches dont tell him to go to right for right footers and left for left footers.

Lol are you fuccen serious? :shock:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:57 am

Poor defending for all goals and easiest hat trick Murray will ever score! :x

There's no need to raise a hand(s) for a free kick, cover your bollocks by all means, but if the ball hits you in the face or body, then that's your fecking job!

Hudson shouldn't have turned his back on whoever it was that shot for the second goal, but it looked like Marshall should have done better from the eventual angle Murray shot from!

There was also absolutely no need for Helguson to go charging in for their second penalty and in all fairness, another referee may well have sent him off!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 pm

The Douce wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I am being serious-blaming Marshall is a tad harsh but if you look at how penalties are taken then you will see that majority of right footers hit to right and left footers go to left. Saving pens is hard but if you dive in the natural direction of the players favoured foot you have more of a chance of saving.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Andrew Taylor dribbles and runs like he's shit his pants

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
The Douce wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I am being serious-blaming Marshall is a tad harsh but if you look at how penalties are taken then you will see that majority of right footers hit to right and left footers go to left. Saving pens is hard but if you dive in the natural direction of the players favoured foot you have more of a chance of saving.

Shouldn't be given away penalties away like that. Taylor and Helguson need to be lined up and shoot giving them away :? I agree Helguson's tackle was outside the box but shouldn't be diving in like that. 3 points next week please ;)

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:36 pm

cant reasonably expect a keeper to save a penalty
all 3 goals were laughable,the whole second half performance was simply shambolic,no leaders on the pitch,an absolute disorganised mess

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
The Douce wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

quite agree with you, being goalie for many years i had mentality that taker had better be good or i will save it, reason why was i never moved before pen taken, that way always went right way (true) and if shot wasnt in corner had good chance saving it, both pens would have been saved if marshal had adopted that policy, never understood why they guess most of time never works does it? :D

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Shame he's not working hard in the opposition's box.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Poor defending for all goals and easiest hat trick Murray will ever score! :x

There's no need to raise a hand(s) for a free kick, cover your bollocks by all means, but if the ball hits you in the face or body, then that's your fecking job!

Hudson shouldn't have turned his back on whoever it was that shot for the second goal, but it looked like Marshall should have done better from the eventual angle Murray shot from!

There was also absolutely no need for Helguson to go charging in for their second penalty and in all fairness, another referee may well have sent him off!

So Connolly was not in any way at fault?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Taylor raised his arm and was rightfully penalised.

Hudson and Connolly should have dealt with the situation that led to the second goal.

Helguson was wreckless, no excuse.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:40 pm

my nephew gave away a penalty by doing exactly the same thing as taylor yesterday

he plays for an under -12s sunday league side

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Taylor raised his arm and was rightfully penalised.

Hudson and Connolly should have dealt with the situation that led to the second goal.

Helguson was wreckless, no excuse.

Connolly and Marshall played more of a part with the second goal than Hudson did. Unjust criticism.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:10 pm

I think it goes without saying that Helgusons tackle was wreckless but it did look out the box. Both penalties were massively avoidable.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think it goes without saying that Helgusons tackle was wreckless but it did look out the box. Both penalties were massively avoidable.

and the second goal aswell really, our midfield just parted like the red sea,

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:35 pm

45 minute wonders :old:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Helguson shouldnt have been 5yards inside our area to start with as we only hoof the ball up to him and if he aint up there to hoof it to that says it f*cking all with MM defence innept ways :shock:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:Poor defending for all goals and easiest hat trick Murray will ever score! :x

Not sure about Connolly, but it looks like Marshall should have done better from the angle I saw it and the ball hit Hudson on his back from the shot leading to the ball looping towards the far post to Murray. If Hudson hadn't turned his back for the original shot, there's a fair chance he could have got a clearing header on it!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Not sure about Connolly, but it looks like Marshall should have done better from the angle I saw it and the ball hit Hudson on his back from the shot leading to the ball looping towards the far post to Murray. If Hudson hadn't turned his back for the original shot, there's a fair chance he could have got a clearing header on it!

Not sure? Connolly virtually smashed it into the roof of the net! :shock: Hudson and Marshall didn't cover themselves in glory, though.

And had Hudson not turned his back on the shot, it would have probably hit him in the chest or something like that. Don't think he could got a head to it.

But you hate the guy, so you'll always find something to blame him for.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Not sure? Connolly virtually smashed it into the roof of the net! :shock: Hudson and Marshall didn't cover themselves in glory, though.

And had Hudson not turned his back on the shot, it would have probably hit him in the chest or something like that. Don't think he could got a head to it.

I've always said that Hudson is inconsistent and I find him frustrating, but hate him? you're thinking of somebody else, as I don't hate any of our players, or many other team's players tbh, except for Alan Tate probably!

I've always given Hudson credit when it's due and it was certainly due against Leeds 3 games ago, where he was totally outstanding and clearly motm!

I then travelled to watch us play at Millwall last Tuesday, when he sliced umpteen clearances all over the place in the first half and was a shadow of the player who looked like a world beater against Leeds!

With regard to Connolly then, are you saying that he should be credited with an own goal, as from the angle I saw it, it looked like the ball was already over be line?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

I've always said that Hudson is inconsistent and I find him frustrating, but hate him? you're thinking of somebody else, as I don't hate any of our players, or many other team's players tbh, except for Alan Tate probably!

I've always given Hudson credit when it's due and it was certainly due against Leeds 3 games ago, where he was totally outstanding and clearly motm!

I then travelled to watch us play at Millwall last Tuesday, when he sliced umpteen clearances all over the place in the first half and was a shadow of the player who looked like a world beater against Leeds!

With regard to Connolly then, are you saying that he should be credited with an own goal, as from the angle I saw it, it looked like the ball was already over be line?

OK, maybe 'hate' was a little strong, but surely you can see that you're a bit nit-picky about him. In terms of consistency/inconsistency, you'd have to say he's been very consistent for the past 2 years, not inconsistent. How many different partners has he had during the last 2 seasons? Quite a few, I'd reckon. Oh, and whilst we're on the subject of Alan Tate, I'd have Hudson any day!

Again, this season he's had to play with two different partners already, one of them being a new signing. He was unquestionably man of the match against Leeds, but a relative of mine was at Millwall and said that both he and McNaughton were wayward with clearances, so fair do's. It was Millwall away though, so benefit of the doubt and all that :lol:

I can't be bothered to see the goal again as it's painful viewing, but Connolly definitely made sure it was in. Though to be fair, he was in an irretrievable situation.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

OK, maybe 'hate' was a little strong, but surely you can see that you're a bit nit-picky about him. In terms of consistency/inconsistency, you'd have to say he's been very consistent for the past 2 years, not inconsistent. How many different partners has he had during the last 2 seasons? Quite a few, I'd reckon. Oh, and whilst we're on the subject of Alan Tate, I'd have Hudson any day!

Again, this season he's had to play with two different partners already, one of them being a new signing. He was unquestionably man of the match against Leeds, but a relative of mine was at Millwall and said that both he and McNaughton were wayward with clearances, so fair do's. It was Millwall away though, so benefit of the doubt and all that :lol:

I can't be bothered to see the goal again as it's painful viewing, but Connolly definitely made sure it was in. Though to be fair, he was in an irretrievable situation.

Can't agree that I'm a bit nit picky at all, as I believe that I've given the credit when it has been due!

Perhaps defensive mistakes stand out more to me, as my own position was as a defender!

To repeat what I've posted before, I thought Hudson's first 2 seasons for us were average at best and the 2 best runs we went on during those seasons, was when he was out of the side injured!

He picked up his game last season however and certainly become more consistent, although I thought that he was fortunate to keep his place when Turner came into the side, as at that time, Gerrard IMO, was playing better than him!

Gerrard didn't take his chance during the couple of games he stood in afterwards and Hudson finished the season IMO, as our second best centre back, behind Turner!

Whilst Hudson has been superb for us this season at home against Wolves and Leeds, culminating in his sublime motm performance against Leeds, his away performances (along with some of our other players as well) have been below par!

I don't expect Hudson to perform like he did against Leeds every game, as Barcelona would be looking at him :) but there needs to be more consistency in his game overall!

Again with regard to Connolly, my opinion is that he either tried to clear it and miscued, or he already knew that the ball was over the line and kicked it into the roof of the net in frustration! The alternative view that he may have kicked it into the net intentionally, is too far fetched to even contemplate!