Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

its not the fact we lost but??

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:40 pm

but why we lost? firstly palace were better team in 1st half, our goals were against run play, and not thru way we were playing, so if palace were better team that meant our tactics basically were not working despite the 2 goals, so as everyone who was there could see that why couldnt malkie? surely obvious thing to do was change formation half time, because palace would play same way second half as they new they had beating of 451, so it proved! by changing our formation it would have altered the way they played. , malkies excuse blaming errors by players is true, but they shouldnt have been put into that position in 1st place, playing defensively is asking for trouble so it proved, how can our team one best attacking sides be asked to defend in own half because 451 means just that ,and surely champship is not place to play 451! doesnt suite the type of play that goes on in it, attack is best form defence so they say, so really fans are just saying malky isnt seeing what we see on pitch! but what do we know?? :D

and finally if he could see 451 wasnt working why waite until losing to put on subs 15mins left far to late, and kim 2 mins left ffs hardly got on pitch before final whistle, just does not make any sense whatsoever, hopefully wont play 451 again as really doesnt work in this league last season proved that! and we have no need to play it do we?????

Re: its not the fact we lost but??

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:46 pm

4-5-1 CAN work, if you have the players to do it well. I remember seeing us rip apart teams playing 4-5-1 at times. I don't think we have the right sort of players to play 4-5-1 effectively through a whole season though.

I think this is just one of those games. We aren't going to win every game, it's the championship - anyone can beat anyone on their day.

After a good start we are 3 points off the top, having played some fantastic football at times.

We had a dismal game against Bristol where some were even calli gofer Malky's head, we then won 3 and everyone is singing his name, we lose one and everyone's on his back again - football fans are so fickle.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:4-5-1 CAN work, if you have the players to do it well. I remember seeing us rip apart teams playing 4-5-1 at times. I don't think we have the right sort of players to play 4-5-1 effectively through a whole season though.

I think this is just one of those games. We aren't going to win every game, it's the championship - anyone can beat anyone on their day.

After a good start we are 3 points off the top, having played some fantastic football at times.

We had a dismal game against Bristol where some were even calli gofer Malky's head, we then won 3 and everyone is singing his name, we lose one and everyone's on his back again - football fans are so fickle.

but do we have right players?
dont you think its why we lost that fans are unhappy with> like said most fans there could see 451 wasnt working so did palace despite 2 goals down, so they kept same formation and it worked for them! dont you think if we changed to442 that would have changed palaces way of playing and ours? and why not make most of our attacking players especially when 2 up! attack is best form defence!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:59 pm

If you read my post again, you'll see I said I don't think we have the right players for it. However, I do feel that fans who criticise Malky for playing 4-5-1 will be kissing his arse the next.

As I said, we aren't going to see them all and fingers crossed for a result apin our next two home games, where I hope we play 4-4-2 :)

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:If you read my post again, you'll see I said I don't think we have the right players for it. However, I do feel that fans who criticise Malky for playing 4-5-1 will be kissing his arse the next.

As I said, we aren't going to see them all and fingers crossed for a result apin our next two home games, where I hope we play 4-4-2 :)

if dont have right players why play it then? that is my point! not really criticising him just the logic behind 451, feel 442 suites us better with players we have, yes hopefully good results aginst pool/brum will make things rosey again.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:15 pm

I can see why away at Palace, you may want to play 4-5-1. Players just didn't perform today, but onwards to the next.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I can see why away at Palace, you may want to play 4-5-1. Players just didn't perform today, but onwards to the next.

yes looking forward to pool/brum even though lot travel in couple days :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Yes, me too. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Had no luck today, 2 pens and an own goal. On to the next one anyway!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:32 pm

First was a pen but 2nd could have been just outside of the box.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:First was a pen but 2nd could have been just outside of the box.

having frozen pic at moment of contact cannot argue with descision even if player looked as if got blown up by bomb! :D
3d goal how the fck did such a slow shot end up in net!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Everyone argues against 4-5-1 but we WON against Millwall using it :roll:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:52 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Everyone argues against 4-5-1 but we WON against Millwall using it :roll:

Millwall are a poor team this season. The three games we played 4-4-2 this season are the three games we have performed the best in - hardly can be a coincidence.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:53 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:Everyone argues against 4-5-1 but we WON against Millwall using it :roll:

Millwall are a poor team this season. The three games we played 4-4-2 this season are the three games we have performed the best in - hardly can be a coincidence.

But at home. I do agree we are better 4-4-2 but I get why malky has gone 4-5-1 away from home, its meant to tighten up the team but we seem to not be able to do that

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:54 pm

I'm no Cardiff fan (obviously :lol: ) but why you don't play....:

Marshall

McNaughton Hudson Turner Taylor

Noone Whittingham Gunnarson Bellamy

Mason

Helgurson

...is beyond me.