Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NO CLUB GET TO THE PREM BY

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Given leads away, we all seen this last season, I really thought we had seen the back of given away 2 goals leads.
Do we really have the kind of players in Midfield that can break up attacks before they get to our back four ? Has Andy Taylor really got the speed at the back. We never really get it right at the back, I will be glad to see Turn come back . the next thing we will hear is, WE MUST LEARN FROM THIS ! yer we heard it all before .

Re: NO CLUB GET TO THE PREM BY

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:27 pm

No club got to the Prem by September either, still a lot of time to go up

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Porthcawl_Bluebird wrote:No club got to the Prem by September either, still a lot of time to go up

Yer thats one thing people said last season too

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:42 pm

agree with you 2-0 up and you cant get a win. what went wrong . malky?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Porthcawl_Bluebird wrote:No club got to the Prem by September either, still a lot of time to go up

remind me again, who won the race? the hare or the turtle..?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:29 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:

Yer I will remind you that last season we were the Hare & some times the Turtle, but we lost so many games given leads away , we ended up as the snail, that got hammered. When if we had not give all them leads up we would have been home and dry.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:36 pm

the league is certainly not decided in september
however the simple fact is reading,west ham and southampton last season would not have capitulated like that yesterday
very worrying
I still think we will be up around the top come the end of the season but my view is malky, as much as i like the man, lacks the experience and know how to get a team out of this tough division

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Reading didn't actually start to play well until the latter half of the season. There has been quiet a few teams who had a great run of form at a later stage of the season and got promoted. We've lost one game when we've been in front this season. Maybe reminiscent of last season but it's not the same season. Let's just wait and see what happens.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:00 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:

Neither.

The tortoise won it.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:05 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Given leads away, we all seen this last season, I really thought we had seen the back of given away 2 goals leads.
Do we really have the kind of players in Midfield that can break up attacks before they get to our back four ? Has Andy Taylor really got the speed at the back. We never really get it right at the back, I will be glad to see Turn come back . the next thing we will hear is, WE MUST LEARN FROM THIS ! yer we heard it all before .

Teams lose games. EVERY TEAM WILL LOSE GAMES.

Kicking off after one loss? Some of you are beyond belief! Do you think we should be walking this league or something? If so, you obviously haven't supported us for long - this league is impossible to predict!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Given leads away, we all seen this last season, I really thought we had seen the back of given away 2 goals leads.

Teams lose games. EVERY TEAM WILL LOSE GAMES.

Kicking off after one loss? Some of you are beyond belief! Do you think we should be walking this league or something? If so, you obviously haven't supported us for long - this league is impossible to predict!

its more the manner of the loss
i think people are entitled to expect us to beat crystal palace after being 2-0 up at half time

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:15 pm

You'll find that a lot of clubs have given away leads a few times in the Championship but still got promoted.
It's only September.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:46 pm

This Palace team hasn't come back to beat anyone after going behind for around a year. and we are suppose to have a strong Defense . Bullshit ! Our backs need to be sorted , or its going to be the same as it was last season, Our Strikers putting the goals away at one end only for our backs to let them in at the other.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:41 pm

NeathBlue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

Neither.

The tortoise won it.

:lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Our midfield was overrun yesterday, giving the defence little protection. Not just Taylor, but Kev struggled against Palace's pace. Malky can complain about the penalties, but they did not come out of the blue. We were under a lot of pressure, the first one came from a free kick on the edge of the box.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:25 pm

We still have to ask our self's , hve we really got the quality team we think we have? Some of you still dont get it, ITS NOT THE LOSS, its the way we lost, they didn't win we give it to them. No quality team ( like we think we have ) gives up a 2 goal lead , and to a team that hasn't come back from being behind for around a Year. We have guys sitting on the bench, so if its down as some of you think to our midfield why, didn't Malky see it and do something about it.?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
NeathBlue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:

Neither.

The tortoise won it.

:lol: :lol:

don't have to be a prick about it :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:31 pm

At the end of September last year after 9 games we were 6th with 16 points, Reading were 14th with 11 points.

When we beat them at CCS in January we were 3rd on 45 points Reading were 5th on 39 points.

By the end of the season Reading were top with 89 points, we were 6th on 75 points.

Just for once, how about us coming with a late run of form to clinch auto or win the play-off final :roll: :lol: I just can't understand the hysteria over losing yesterday :?

If we're out of the top 6 come end of November then we may have something to moan about but at the moment how about showing some solidarity :roll: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Reading? :shock:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:45 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Our midfield was overrun yesterday, giving the defence little protection. Not just Taylor, but Kev struggled against Palace's pace. Malky can complain about the penalties, but they did not come out of the blue. We were under a lot of pressure, the first one came from a free kick on the edge of the box.

I think we're much more solid defensively when we have a 4-4-2. Maybe it's just me but with two lines of 4 I feel the guy's who play in front of the left/right backs know it's their responsibility to cover them. Also when a player goes on a run out of position it's easy to see where a gap is for another player to slot in. It helps as well having two people upfront to close down higher up the pitch or to compete for clearances when on the defensive. Obviously I'm not a manager so maybe I'm being naive, It just seems that with a 4-5-1 at times our players don't know who's meant to slot in when gaps appears. Who's meant to press, and then it can result in us getting trapped in our own half. At best clearing it to a lone striker who has to compete with 2 center backs, possibly more players. 4-5-1 does work but I don't know if it's the best formation for our players.

As I said, maybe I could be wrong and I'm not going to say Malky doesn't have a clue about tactics. I just feel that based off what I've seen with us using the 4-4-2 again we appeared to give more protection at the back. It's a well balanced formation.