Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did we miss Mutch?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:44 pm

I was at the game today and I believe we missed Mutch badly. We did not have anyone who was holding the midfield, except for Whitts (waste of space back there).

We played 5 in the midfield yet seemed to have 3 running around like headless chickens.

The second half was so poor I would even question the players' commitment in the game, every single loose ball there were 2 Palace players on it before you saw 1 of ours within 5 yards. Simple passes were going astray and for some reason we had no discipline what so ever and I saw on numerous occasions players diving in, taking out their legs after the ball had gone.

Palace got what they deserved, one to forget for us.

Re: Did we miss Mutch?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Without a doubt mate he was badly missed today :(

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:00 pm

YES! Most definitely, I'd have played Kiss over Gunnarsson yesterday, Kiss is similar to Mutch on the tackling side of things

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:02 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:YES! Most definitely, I'd have played Kiss over Gunnarsson yesterday, Kiss is similar to Mutch on the tackling side of things

Agreed :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:07 pm

hywel wrote:I was at the game today and I believe we missed Mutch badly. We did not have anyone who was holding the midfield, except for Whitts (waste of space back there).

We played 5 in the midfield yet seemed to have 3 running around like headless chickens.

The second half was so poor I would even question the players' commitment in the game, every single loose ball there were 2 Palace players on it before you saw 1 of ours within 5 yards. Simple passes were going astray and for some reason we had no discipline what so ever and I saw on numerous occasions players diving in, taking out their legs after the ball had gone.

Palace got what they deserved, one to forget for us.

I agree 100% with this
the players heads went down and no one was speaking to each other,no organisation and no disipline
wittingham the best player in the championship might aswell of not been on the pitch in the second half
I was shocked that palace wanted it far more than us

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:13 pm

Is Mutch injured, how long is he out for ?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Thats the problem with playing Gunnar. he's a decent player but he wants to get upfield too much which leaves Whitts having to sit deep.

Mutch and Whitts work better together, even if sometimes the opposition find a bit more space in the middle.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Thats the problem with playing Gunnar. he's a decent player but he wants to get upfield too much which leaves Whitts having to sit deep.

Mutch and Whitts work better together, even if sometimes the opposition find a bit more space in the middle.

yeah I agree with that,
whitts was just being walked through continuously,the best player in the league was a passenger
malky should show faith in young filip kiss