Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fifa 13 Cardiff City Stats

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:28 pm

From Fifa 13 early access.

Re: Fifa 13 Cardiff City Stats

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:17 pm

they always seem to have it in for whitts, 71 overall surely that can't be right, ain't he gone down from last year? he's easily a 74

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:23 pm

ellis3210 wrote:they always seem to have it in for whitts, 71 overall surely that can't be right, ain't he gone down from last year? he's easily a 74

I think its something to do with how the calculate the overall from various stats the player has. It really isn't a fair judgement for any player :lol:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Mason 65?! :shock:

How can he be rated the same as last year after the season he had? :roll:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:16 pm

still the same ol' 4-5-1 I see... :roll: ;)

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Any in game photos?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:49 am

I only took photos of the stats because I thought that's what people was interested in, but I don't mind taking photos of things what people want to see. So if you want to see something like the kits feel free to ask. I'd rather we kept it based on Cardiff City though because Fifa 13 has so many teams and so on I'll be there forever.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:02 am

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:05 am

About right

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:14 am

Sorry for the blur, not easy to play and take a picture.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:30 am

Anyone getting this for the ps vita?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks for uploading the photo lad!

So annoying that our GK kit is still a template, we have really nice GK shirt designs this year yet are stuck with a template kit which is awful

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:27 pm

is it just me or do other people find the first touch after a pass to be terrible?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:35 pm

It'll definitely take some getting used to but I think it's a good addition. I believe it's mainly there to stop pace abuse and balance out the different playing styles. Counter attacking was overpowered I felt especially with the likes of Agbonlahor, Lukaku and so on. Although they weren't overpowered statistics wise ball control and dribbling didn't have a big enough impact when sprinting. Especially in a straight line.

The best advice I have is to only sprint in open spaces and to avoid attempting to receive a pass and sprint at the same time unless the ball is played in front of the player. Turning on a sprint often gives the defender the chance to intercept it.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Fifa 13 Cardiff City

If you're interested in individual stats for any player. This site should have everyone covered, some are slightly off like Whits and Cowie but that's because the stats are always subject to change before the game is released. It's pretty much accurate.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Are the seats in the CCS Red or Blue???????

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Murphy1899 wrote:Are the seats in the CCS Red or Blue???????

Interesting question, I haven't checked but if I hazard a guess I believe it isn't even the Cardiff City Stadium. Usually with the lower league teams they don't bother creating stadiums for them. They usually have a generic stadium that covers a range of teams with names like British Modern and have the crowd wearing the teams colours. If I was to guess, Cardiff would use the British Modern stadium and I don't know why, but I have a gut feeling that tells me it has blue seats. Hope that helps.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Bought it today for 360, got back and then realised it was NTSC, should have realised it would be when the N.America release date was 2 days before PAL. So now got to wait until friday for it!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:50 pm

How have so many people got this game so early haha? Looking at that kit photo Whitts looks even less like himself than he did last year, I know we're probably a bit biased towards are own players but I really dont think they watch the teams to rate the players at all, how many times has Whitts been described as the best player in the league and then he's only rated 71? Or maybe it goes up if you play him CAM? If you can shed any light on this be grateful :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:08 pm

CraigMc wrote:is it just me or do other people find the first touch after a pass to be terrible?

Hold L2 or L1. One of them helps with control mate or if you want a quick change of direction just flick the right analog stick in the direction just before the player receives the ball. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 pm

AlexBennett wrote:How have so many people got this game so early haha? Looking at that kit photo Whitts looks even less like himself than he did last year, I know we're probably a bit biased towards are own players but I really dont think they watch the teams to rate the players at all, how many times has Whitts been described as the best player in the league and then he's only rated 71? Or maybe it goes up if you play him CAM? If you can shed any light on this be grateful :ayatollah:

Early Access on consoles.

Overalls dont matter mate. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:24 pm

There is a thing called an EA season ticket that costs around £17 for a year subscription that gives you access to Fifa 13 six days earlier. Also gives you early access to other EA releases and a load of other things. Whittingham's stat are definitely more CAM orientated. Whether if you put him as a CAM it'd change I don't know, but he has low defensive stats for a CM which suggests to me that his other stats must be pretty good to have him as a 71 CM. They could have changed the points system that effected the Overall for different positions last year though.

This was the value that was put on certain stats for a CM. The higher the value per position and more that player has of it, the higher the overall rating.

Short Pass 15
Long Pass 13
Vision 12
Ball Control 10
Dribbling 9
Reactions 8
Interceptions 8
Attack Positioning 8
Standing Tackle 6
Stamina 6
Long Shots 5

Now this was CAM last year.

Short Pass 16
Vision 16
Ball Control 13
Attack Positioning 12
Dribbling 11
Reactions 8
Long Shots 6
Finishing 5
Shot Power 5
Acceleration 4
Agility 4

Based off the old points system Whittingham has stats that have no effect on his overall, for example he has 80+ freekick accuracy and good balace. So I'd takeOVR with a pinch a salt.

When I play with Cardiff the first thing I do is put Whittingham in a CAM position and Mutch deeper because he has much better defensive qualities. Hope that helps.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Does anybody know if i can buy FIFA 13 over the Xbox or do I have to have a disc? The reason I ask is I'm living in Canada and have a British Xbox, it just means I'll have to get someone to buy it for me and ship it over here?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Fish wrote:Does anybody know if i can buy FIFA 13 over the Xbox or do I have to have a disc? The reason I ask is I'm living in Canada and have a British Xbox, it just means I'll have to get someone to buy it for me and ship it over here?

Can't you just buy the UK version on the Internet?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:39 pm

I can, just means I have to wait a bit longer then though. I hate waiting!!! :D

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Fish wrote:Does anybody know if i can buy FIFA 13 over the Xbox or do I have to have a disc? The reason I ask is I'm living in Canada and have a British Xbox, it just means I'll have to get someone to buy it for me and ship it over here?

I bought Fifa 12 using xbox marketplace, so it can be done. I'm wondering though that because you use the Xbox in Canada would they sell you one that works in Canada, or if they'd match it up with your xbox. Sorry I don't really know anything about it other than you can buy games on the marketplace.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:53 pm

they all grow like f**k guys, my craig noone is 75, kimbo 75, mason 70, whittingham 72, turner 70, velikonja 70, maynard 75 and i'm only at begining of 2nd season:)

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Caerdydd wrote:

I bought Fifa 12 using xbox marketplace, so it can be done. I'm wondering though that because you use the Xbox in Canada would they sell you one that works in Canada, or if they'd match it up with your xbox. Sorry I don't really know anything about it other than you can buy games on the marketplace.

I can buy 12 via marketplace, but I have a feeling that I'd have to wait a while to buy 13, as I checked to see if I could buy a few different recent releases and they weren't available yet. Wish I had the cash to buy another Xbox or PS3 over here!!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:23 pm

I tried to find information on when it's released on the marketplace but I can't find any anywhere. So i'm guessing everyone is in the dark about that right now. If you find that it's taking to long and you're getting impatient your best bet might be to see if you can get the UK version delivered to you.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Caerdydd wrote:I tried to find information on when it's released on the marketplace but I can't find any anywhere. So i'm guessing everyone is in the dark about that right now. If you find that it's taking to long and you're getting impatient your best bet might be to see if you can get the UK version delivered to you.

Early access is over now. It will become available at 00.00am on the 28th.