Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question Re Maynard Insurance

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Does anyone know if we get any sort of lump sum paid out to us, or does it just cover his wages and the medical expenses?

Cheers

Re: Question Re Maynard Insurance

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Does anyone know if we get any sort of lump sum paid out to us, or does it just cover his wages and the medical expenses?

Cheers

should imagine some sort insurance in place, it is for internationals, also if player cant carry on and retires thru specific injury get payout then so yes think we are covered with something :P

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:35 pm

You don't get insurance for an I jury lol, only if it ended his career!! Who thought that we get something for him being out for a few months? I've worked in insurance and I'm sorry to piss on anyone's fire but we won't receive any money for Nickys injury

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Porthcawl_Bluebird wrote:You don't get insurance for an I jury lol, only if it ended his career!! Who thought that we get something for him being out for a few months? I've worked in insurance and I'm sorry to piss on anyone's fire but we won't receive any money for Nickys injury

why can we get personal injury insurance then

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 pm

no insurance against an injury, we will have to still pay all his weekly wages and the medical bills to get him back to scratch.

having a serious injury is costly for any club.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Porthcawl_Bluebird wrote:You don't get insurance for an I jury lol, only if it ended his career!! Who thought that we get something for him being out for a few months? I've worked in insurance and I'm sorry to piss on anyone's fire but we won't receive any money for Nickys injury

What Insurance company would offer personal injury cover in an industry where you constantly get Injured??? They don't work at Boots lol

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Having worked in insurance for nearly 30 years I can advise you you can get insurance fir this and many clubs have cover for players who get injured

If the club have this insurance I don't know but for the right premium you can insure for this and I have done this in the past for many sports clubs via Lloyds syndicates

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Porthcawl_Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

What Insurance company would offer personal injury cover in an industry where you constantly get Injured??? They don't work at Boots lol

well if player plays for country they have to be insured against injury! so that fa didnt have to pay millions while player out withh injury, happened many times , wales typical xsample many times didnt play top stars in friendlies because premiums to high so yes can get plan to cover injury weather city had one ask them :D

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Yeah, pretty sure there was some coverage in place, will see what I can find out.