Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" LETS BE HONEST THEN "

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:42 pm

When we start winning everyone loves Malky, we lose a game, a lot say he will fail.

Well say it NOW ON THIS THREAD, WHERE YOU REALLY BELIEVE MALKY WILL TAKE US THIS SEASON.

I reckon we will def go up with Malky if he is backed in January and in the loan market if needed.

I believe in Malky. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " LETS BE HONEST THEN "

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Annis, I think we have a great squad but we need cover for Maynard

Otherwise it will be top 10 finish but not top 2

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:When we start winning everyone loves Malky, we lose a game, a lot say he will fail.

Well say it NOW ON THIS THREAD, WHERE YOU REALLY BELIEVE MALKY WILL TAKE US THIS SEASON.

I reckon we will def go up with Malky if he is backed in January and in the loan market if needed.

Playoffs Annis no better than that for me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Play offs at best....defensively too weak IMHO....need a bit more quality
Last edited by s8wrd on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:48 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:When we start winning everyone loves Malky, we lose a game, a lot say he will fail.

But will we go up Gary?

Annis I like malky and think he will take us up. But he needs to start learning from his mistakes of last season's. We can spend all we want but playing 451 will get us nowhere. We shouldn't be going to teams like palace and defending.

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Annis, I think we have a great squad but we need cover for Maynard

Otherwise it will be top 10 finish but not top 2

Malky is looking for a loan player.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Annis...Lurking in the back of my mind is that the job could turn out to be too big for MAlky..what with the investment , big squad , expectations etc etc....hope I,m wrong , but I think a guy like Warnock would eat this league with our squad
Last edited by s8wrd on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:53 pm

brithdirblue wrote:Annis I like malky and think he will take us up. But he needs to start learning from his mistakes of last season's. We can spend all we want but playing 451 will get us nowhere. We shouldn't be going to teams like palace and defending.

I do agree Malky makes mistakes, but he is not stubborn and is still learning in football. :ayatollah:

Malky will not take us up. He will most likely get us to the play off, should do with what he has, but I honestly don't think he has it in him to grt us over the line.

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

But will we go up Gary?

OK put me on the spot you buggar.

Yes if we make the playoffs this year I think we will get promoted. I think there are lots of indicators now that tell us we are better than other teams in previous seasons since our return to the Championship, so yes I think MM and this squad will win through this season.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Fail in the play-offs

2nd :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah we will go up.
Side suffered today from not having Mutch in the centre.

Plus the inj to NM will have a knock in effect.

The 2 goals came against the run of play. We were not at the races and over the 90 probably deserved a point and thats being generous.

Tis a marathon not a sprint.

AND NO I DIDN'T FANCY PARAGRAPHS FOR THIS PARTICULAR POST.

He's too conservative Annis. You just have to look how he set up the team today to work that out. should have gone for it and not sat back. Two nil up against a side like Palace and you try to male it six, not go into a shell.

Before the Maynard injury, up automatic... but now I say playoffs and no promotion.

For us, we have to go up automatic because the playoffs don't work out do they? :lol:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:56 pm

s8wrd wrote:Annis...Lurking in the back of my mind is that the job could turn out to be too big for MAlky..what with the investment , big squad , expectations etc etc....hope I,m wrong , but I think a guy like Warnock would eat this league with our squad

I do believe Warnock is a better manager, but before todays game, we have torn the last 3 teams to pieces in the second halfs of the games, I really have faith in him.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:56 pm

i think we will finish top three along with blackburn and wolves, hopefully top two but agree we need more players, maybe two defenders and if the strikers we have arent good enough then a replacement for maynard, we need a bit of luck but this could be our year so promotion but probably through the playoffs is my guess.
people need to remember that even though this is the most we have ever spent and our biggest wage bill ever we still cannot compete with clubs like wolves and blackburn and have no devine right to promotion, and if we do fail then for what its worth, i think this is the strongest championship in a long time and malkie should be given a few years to see his vision through, if dj got 6 years malkie deserves at least 3, patience is the key :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Playoffs if our defenders stay fit.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:58 pm

malky will fail has dave jones did

all that talent on bench and did not change subs till 10 mins to go when palace were scoring goals

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

malky out

were not doing the Malky or redbrand lol

hope im wrong :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Not a hope in hell 8-10th place at best.. Malky is turning into a mini me Dave Jones..too many favourites, out of his depth at this level. Mid to lower league teams like the old Watford where there is no expectations are his level

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:04 pm

I think Malky is doing a great job since he joined last season. I agree annis, he will take us to the Premier League! People need to grow up it's still early days to make an opinion about his performance for this season, For the people who want him out if you look at his performance this season the facts are against you and it clearly shows he is doing a good job!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Not convinced Malky will take us anywhere -time will tell ! The fact he's strengthened extensively in midfield & up front but failed to notice our Achilles heel (s) at the back is frankly , beyond me. ! If pushed , I dont think he's up to it ! Massive challenge next week .

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Play-offs at best.. 8th-10th at worst.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:07 pm

He has in all fairness been given more than most previous managers Being honest im not sure he can use properly the tools he has been given and still think in lots of ways he is tactfully inept

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:08 pm

The team is good enough to go up,but i think malky's decision making is poor.

Poor team selection today combined with late substitutions?

Hope HH isn't the new Kenny Miller(undroppable)?

My worry is there is possibly 6 better managers in this league over a season?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:13 pm

It's a tough league to get out of.,even more so this season .In answer to your question I don't think we'll go up this season Maynard is a massive loss,and still not convinced that Bellamy is the saviour,that everyone is claiming.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Of course it's a tough league. No guarantees however good a squad. As long as the parachute payments stay in place, teams coming down from the Premiership still have a massive advantage over all the other teams, and it is pretty much a given that 1 of the top 2 is a team that came down the season before. That leaves just 1 automatic place to go for, and getting that is about having a bit of luck along with everything else.

I am not so worried about the defence, I still want to know who exactly is supposed to be our frontman? Helguson has to be dropped I think - in terms of getting goals, he looks worse than Miller. Velikonja showed some promising signs. Without Maynard, Bellamy is going to have to play even more of a striker's roll, and it's not certain he is going to play every game. So I definitely think we need an extra out-and-out striker.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:26 pm

i fear play off failure again, reasoning that MM is still too tacticaly naive and even intransigent in the face of things that go wrong on the pitch. While today is another shocker, how many can we afford this season, reckon thast 3 in 7 now. He has been backed financially, but worryingly still losing points from winning positions. When you are up, you put the foot down and really give it to opposition, not sit back and see what will happen. today for me all part of the rollercoaster in following the Bluebirds, ive seeen much worse tbf :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:33 pm

(There's also Mason of course - but is he an out-and-out striker - I know he was almost regarded as our saviour last season - whatever happened to Mason the saviour?! And when is Turner back?)

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:37 pm

I believe Malky will get us into the play-offs, whether or not we will be promoted will just come down to the luck of the draw.