Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Still on target lets not panic

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Maximum points at home 4 points from 4 games away.

Win your home games draw your aways and you get promoted.

Bit of a worry the goals we are conceding away from home but im sure we will address that. Hopefully MM will back down on his "we dont need any more" stance after todays capitulatipn, rspecially in defence.

Warnock gone to Bolton on loan would have been a good addition at left back and time for Big Ben to come back in.

Lets not go overboard its only one defeat. The lads need our support not tension from the stands.
:ayatollah:

Re: Still on target lets not panic

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:29 pm

need a new left back imo :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:32 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:need a new left back imo :ayatollah:

Yes I agree. Taylor isnt good enough defensively. Now we play with wingers we need solid full backss.

Wheres Nicky Shorey playing these days? Or Paul Robinson?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Maximum points at home 4 points from 4 games away.

Bit of a worry the goals we are conceding away from home but im sure we will address that. Hopefully MM will back down on his "we dont need any more" stance after todays capitulatipn, rspecially in defence.

Warnock gone to Bolton on loan would have been a good addition at left back and time for Big Ben to come back in.

Lets not go overboard its only one defeat. The lads need our support not tension from the stands.

You keep your optimism and I'll deal in the realism, Malky's 4-5-1 has been found out and the players struggle to perform in that formation. Noone on the bench was a disgrace andTaylor needs to be taken out of the team !

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Firerawk88 wrote:

You keep your optimism and I'll deal in the realism, Malky's 4-5-1 has been found out and the players struggle to perform in that formation. Noone on the bench was a disgrace andTaylor needs to be taken out of the team !

As much as I agree about the 4-5-1, we were 2-0 whilst playing it. 2 penaltys and and Og can hardly be blamed on a formation

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:38 pm

3 wins and 1 defeat in 14 days and weve been found out :lol:

Weve scored 10 goals in those 4 games so the 1 up top obviously isnt the problem its the shoddy defending. :roll:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:44 pm

13 points from 7 games is actually our 2nd best haul since our return to the championship and is 1 point ahead of where we were last season.

Still very much in the game but history will tell you that teams who gain automatic promotion don't lose games after taking a 2 goal lead. Still strong contenders for the playoffs though.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:3 wins and 1 defeat in 14 days and weve been found out :lol:

Weve scored 10 goals in those 4 games so the 1 up top obviously isnt the problem its the shoddy defending. :roll:

It's comedy time when Malky plays 4-5-1, midfielders not picking up their runners and getting caught out in the fullback areas, Gunnarson's discipline is awful, he's like a shadow of the player he was at times last season.

Note to Malky: Drop the 4-5-1 !!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:46 pm

castleblue wrote:

13 points from 7 games is actually our 2nd best haul since our return to the championship and is 1 point ahead of where we were last season.

Still very much in the game but history will tell you that teams who gain automatic promotion don't lose games after taking a 2 goal lead. Still strong contenders for the playoffs though.

In fairness, 2 pens and an OG probably wont happen very often. I'm sure we can see out games.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:48 pm

I will only be concerned if it becomes a habit (throwing a lead). 1st time weve done it this season.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Firerawk88 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:3 wins and 1 defeat in 14 days and weve been found out :lol:

It's comedy time when Malky plays 4-5-1, midfielders not picking up their runners and getting caught out in the fullback areas, Gunnarson's discipline is awful, he's like a shadow of the player he was at times last season.

Yes cos throwing another man up top will make it easier to defend :?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:49 pm

The Douce wrote:
castleblue wrote:

In fairness, 2 pens and an OG probably wont happen very often. I'm sure we can see out games.

I think Palace are actually a better team than they get credit for, certainly better than Millwall, but I do think after going 2 up we should have got something out of the game.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:I will only be concerned if it becomes a habit (throwing a lead). 1st time weve done it this season.

About the only comfort from today.

You know what they say about small sins.....they become big ones.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:I will only be concerned if it becomes a habit (throwing a lead). 1st time weve done it this season.

About the only comfort from today.

You know what they say about small sins.....they become big ones.

Well its up to Malky to ensure a molehill doesnt become a mountain.

I think we will see Turner back in next week.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Firerawk88 wrote:

Yes cos throwing another man up top will make it easier to defend :?

:lol: :lol: People expect us to be smashing teams and think that because we play 4-5-1 we are going to lose and be negative. We played 4-5-1 against Millwall and won first time their in 30 years. The problem is the defence and I think we miss Mutch in the middle of the field

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Agree with this, no need to panic. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Top Post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Firerawk88 wrote:

It's funny how you seem to turn up when Cardiff lose.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Only 7 points off relegation :old:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:09 pm

The Douce wrote:
Firerawk88 wrote:

As much as I agree about the 4-5-1, we were 2-0 whilst playing it. 2 penaltys and and Og can hardly be blamed on a formation

but formation didnt make the goals! more luck than anything else did, dont forget they were against run play also playing so far back in second half makes mistakes more likely to happen!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
The Douce wrote:
Firerawk88 wrote:

but formation didnt make the goals! more luck than anything else did, dont forget they were against run play also playing so far back in second half makes mistakes more likely to happen!

Of course the formation made the goals...as that's the formation we were using when we scored.... :?

I don't think after 7 minutes we were against the run of play, they'd had one effort.