Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DREADFUL SECOND HALF

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Promotion chasing teams do not lose leads like that.

This tactic of defending a lead, that is parking your bus in your area, cost us last season and it will cost us this season.

Play the ball in the opponents half, dont let them come onto us.

Unless we get this sorted we will not be going up.

Re: DREADFUL SECOND HALF

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:13 pm

too many players didnt turn up today, HH should be dropped, why didnt noone start, bellamy done f**k all, gunnarson was useless, but it was just a bad day, everyone was saying we were going up yesterday, hopefully its just one of those days :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:17 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:too many players didnt turn up today, HH should be dropped, why didnt noone start, bellamy done f**k all, gunnarson was useless, but it was just a bad day, everyone was saying we were going up yesterday, hopefully its just one of those days :ayatollah:

Fed up of hearing this. We had one of those days at the Wurzels and now we have had another one. We continue at this rate we will not go up.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Sounded poor on Cardiff Player, seems like we tried to shut up shop too early, should have brought on fresh legs earlier and taken the game to them. :(

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:20 pm

nobber wrote:Sounded poor on Cardiff Player, seems like we tried to shut up shop too early, should have brought on fresh legs earlier and taken the game to them. :(

We cant do that, should have learn't that lesson last season. Our defence is just simple not up to that tactic.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Promotion chasing teams do not lose leads like that.

This tactic of defending a lead, that is parking your bus in your area, cost us last season and it will cost us this season.

Sad to say I totally agree

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
nobber wrote:Sounded poor on Cardiff Player, seems like we tried to shut up shop too early, should have brought on fresh legs earlier and taken the game to them. :(

We cant do that, should have learn't that lesson last season. Our defence is just simple not up to that tactic.

Let's be honest the whole team looks like it struggles when we lay that formation. Granted we scored 2 but we didnt play well all game and Palace deserve their win.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:30 pm

I agree with this as on so many occasions last season we tried to sit back on a lead and ended up losing 29 points from a winning position. If we were truely automatic promotion candidates we wouldn't lose a game after going 2 goals up but we all know this division if you don't turn up you get turned over, whoever your playing.

That's now 2 bad performances from the 7 games we have played and it should be a big concern to all of us, but for Hudson last minute goal against Huddersfield it we would be saying 3 bad performances in 7 games. :o

I had a bad feeling about this game when I heard Gavin Ward was the referee as we have never won a game with him as ref. Not saying this was down to the ref though we were just found wanting, but it is strange how with some referees we nearly always win and with others we don't. :?

Anyone fancy Blackpool next :o

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Agreed ian i would rather the other team score when we are having a go at 2-0 up atleast we got a chance of scoring another but when we park up like every single game we score in it always happens in most games the other team score while we are sat back on are 18yard line after taking a lead, but today was just total shocking. We scored two goals vs the run of play to start with after that it was the MM defend tactic always the same, millwall game was the same but thank god they didnt convert there chances today its back to bite us on the arse. I watched it so many times last season so getting used to your quote now, as for gunner well he needs some tackling lesson for sure cost us two goals today and one vs leeds its like hes got size 13 clown shoes on ffs :(

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:37 pm

We actually scored with each of our 2 shots on target.

Didn't turn up got 2 lucky breaks then rolled over and got our tummies tickled. Very poor.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:41 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Agreed ian i would rather the other team score when we are having a go at 2-0 up atleast we got a chance of scoring another but when we park up like every single game we score in it always happens in most games the other team score while we are sat back on are 18yard line after taking a lead, but today was just total shocking. We scored two goals vs the run of play to start with after that it was the MM defend tactic always the same, millwall game was the same but thank god they didnt convert there chances today its back to bite us on the arse. I watched it so many times last season so getting used to your quote now, as for gunner well he needs some tackling lesson for sure cost us two goals today and one vs leeds its like hes got size 13 clown shoes on ffs :(

Gunners is out of place at the moment.

although we have just had a good run I have felt all alone we would do this. Just not comfortable at all with the setup, its simple not good enough.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:43 pm

When their first goal went in I said to my other half we will end up losing this,we don't seem to learn any lessons from last year, this is so frustrating and will cost us again at the end of the season :oops:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:47 pm

LLangynwyd Blue wrote:When their first goal went in I said to my other half we will end up losing this,we don't seem to learn any lessons from last year, this is so frustrating and will cost us again at the end of the season :oops:

Lesson not learnt from last season I'm afraid.

Tyhe best way to hang onto a lead is to play the ball in the opponents haf, especially with the crap defence we have.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:46 pm

I always respect your posts Ian, you say it as you see it and mean it.
Still believe Malky is far better than Jones. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Interesting comparing MM to DJ. This season we will find out who is the best. Would DJ get this team up? I don't think so but some would disagree. Will MM do it? Lets see if he is capable of sorting it out.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

think i shall agree with you annis much prefer malkie, but do wish he stops parking the bus so close to our penalty box!!! :D

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

think i shall agree with you annis much prefer malkie, but do wish he stops parking the bus so close to our penalty box!!! :D

We agree :lol: :D :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:34 pm

parking the bus too early as well..

we should have brought noone on and given palarse something else to think about. noone would have got us a free kick or penalty with his pace and trickery running at tired defenders etc.. we waited to long to make the change with little chance to make an impact in my opinion. if we are going to sit on a lead and invite a team to come at us we need better personnel at the back.

at 2-1 today i also stated that we would lose this game, you could see it coming. i dont think we deserved anything from today palace created more, more possession, more shots, more corners. we really need to work on our tactics away from home..

the away formation and set up is all wrong and also losing mutch was a massive blow.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

He is Annis but MM is making mistakes and it's costing us. He must learn from them. :ayatollah: