Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

capital punishment

Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:08 pm

after the recent events of creagan killing the two coppers, its time our weak government had some balls and reintroduced capital punishment for a few crimes, murder, paedos, rapists, or even give it out as a vote to the people to choose, hanging was always effective but maybe modern day lethal injection is more "humane" , what do you think, bring it back I say

Re: capital punishment

Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:21 pm

40 minutes before ko and you want to bring this shit back up again. zzz

Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:36 pm

The Douce wrote:40 minutes before ko and you want to bring this shit back up again. zzz

why is it shit, stop looking at the world in your rose tinted glasses a$$ewipe

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:40 pm

"Give it out as to a vote?" We going to have Simon Cowell as a judge while we're at it lol?.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:49 pm

lilybull wrote:after the recent events of creagan killing the two coppers, its time our weak government had some balls and reintroduced capital punishment for a few crimes, murder, paedos, rapists, or even give it out as a vote to the people to choose, hanging was always effective but maybe modern day lethal injection is more "humane" , what do you think, bring it back I say

I am assuming you have a modicum of intelligence.....but that is just an assumption.

And what do you think will be achieved by bringing back capital punishment?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:52 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
lilybull wrote:after the recent events of creagan killing the two coppers, its time our weak government had some balls and reintroduced capital punishment for a few crimes, murder, paedos, rapists, or even give it out as a vote to the people to choose, hanging was always effective but maybe modern day lethal injection is more "humane" , what do you think, bring it back I say

I am assuming you have a modicum of intelligence.....but that is just an assumption.

Every time someone is murdered this argument gets brought up and it is amazing how many people on here would happily bring back capital punishment and think it would be such a good solution. OohGaa is probably the most sensible poster on the matter and he'll probably pop in here later but if you stop being naive and look at the facts capital punishment just does not work and should never be introduced in our country.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Just seeing someone named TheHangedMan in a capital punishment thread made me laugh. Please say you planned that.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Daniel M wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Every time someone is murdered this argument gets brought up and it is amazing how many people on here would happily bring back capital punishment and think it would be such a good solution. OohGaa is probably the most sensible poster on the matter and he'll probably pop in here later but if you stop being naive and look at the facts capital punishment just does not work and should never be introduced in our country.

Daniel you are correct.....it is a proven fact that capital punishment is actually detrimental to achieving law and order. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:00 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Daniel M wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Daniel you are correct.....it is a proven fact that capital punishment is actually detrimental to achieving law and order. :ayatollah:

Yeh, the job of the system is to bring justice through law and order, capital punishment 'is not justice, it's revenge' - retribution is not giving justice and it is morally wrong to end someone's live - obviously in severe/personal cases you will feel differently but you can't just have different rules for different people.

Then you have the costs, the fact that reports suggest it doesn't have as a great affect on deterring others from committing crime and then there's the argument how can you value a persons life and judge if they are worthy of such punishment, justice and wrongful executions can occur as you can never be 100% accurate even with as much science as you like.

It's crazy that it's still in place in much of America and how many people call for it other here IMO.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:06 pm

I believe the view "he's a murderer he must be killed" will never work. First because you're pretty much co-signing murder by doing so and second because death can be an easy way out. There is a reason people like Harold Shipman have killed themselves and that is because for some it's an easy escape route. I'd prefer them in jail for the rest of their lives.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Totally agree for all Peedophiles, vicious and uncalled for murders and serial rapists. Also i'd put a few people on trial on the basis of them being a top class c**t.

:old:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:42 am

Aww ffs why do that, the true criminals know they can get silly sentences for serious crimes yet throwing a punch or a traffic cone at a football match can get you 12-18 months. f*cking idiot judges would probably end up hanging shoplifters :lol: