Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GOOD TIMES AHEAD

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:39 am

It seems but at what price?
All I ever wanted was for us to do well but I feel we are being led a merry dance by our current owners and many have been sucked in, whether you agree or not I think we have spent beyond our means simply on a whim,a smaller amount of money could have been spent last January to aid a challenge but it didn't happen ,sorry for my doom and gloom but red ain't the answer for me.

Re: GOOD TIMES AHEAD

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:51 am

:lol: never lost in red :lol:
Fully understand your frustration sir. I find it tough watching them play in red. One thing I know though is this is the best I have seen Cardiff play since I started going down in the 90's. Atmosphere also seems a little better for me due to our style of play.

It's not going to be easy but we have a chance this year of promotion so I don't think the owners are leading us a "merry dance" as there proven business men. Having said that even if they take us up we still won't forgive them! Will we?

With regards debt then promotion will solve that. Won't it? I also think there is a plan to add more in jan for the final push. Something we have struggled in the past with.

We're still Cardiff city and were still the bluebirds just like a snickers is still a marathon to me :lol:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 am

dazzyt wrote:It seems but at what price?
All I ever wanted was for us to do well but I feel we are being led a merry dance by our current owners and many have been sucked in, whether you agree or not I think we have spent beyond our means simply on a whim,a smaller amount of money could have been spent last January to aid a challenge but it didn't happen ,sorry for my doom and gloom but red ain't the answer for me.

I thought you were long gone :ayatollah: Can't keep away :old:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:25 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:26 am

During the war.....

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:37 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:During the war.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAykU5reOSg

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:18 am

Tiger wrote:

I thought you were long gone :ayatollah: Can't keep away :old:

I have followed City since the late 70's and I can't keep away because I love Cardiff City. I can't get my head around it all,It got so bad me and a very good mate nearly came to blows over it 2 weeks ago which is a sad state of affairs.At some point I have to find a way to accept the situation but at this moment I find it difficult to get excited when we score.
I lost my Auntie to Cancer on Wednesday R.I.P Gloria and I have started to think differently as death puts things into perspective but it doesn't change my opinion of the situation.I still believe they were wrong to change our colours and I do believe if we don't get promoted we will be in a spot of bother.I will continue to watch as an armchair plastic until we revert back.
Sorry to disappoint anyone but I never went away and never will.

Anyone fancy a pint?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:25 am

Apart from a shirt colour change,(which nobody is happy about) in what way is VT leading us a merry dance??? is it :-

1. Paying off HMCR when they we going to close us down??

2.Giving malky £10 million to use in the transfer market??

3.Continually paying the clubs monthly financial obligations without any more embarassement??

4.Providing us with the best squad in the 41 years i have followed the club??

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:35 am

cityone wrote:

Apart from a shirt colour change,(which nobody is happy about) in what way is VT leading us a merry dance??? is it :-

3.Continually paying the clubs monthly financial obligations without any more embarassement??

It's my opinion and nothing can change that.I will continue to try and come to terms with the change It wasn't a thread intended to argue the same points all over again,maybe I worded it wrong.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:41 am

Im trying to play my sega master sytem here. bore off

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:43 am

dazzyt wrote:
cityone wrote:

It's my opinion and nothing can change that.I will continue to try and come to terms with the change It wasn't a thread intended to argue the same points all over again,maybe I worded it wrong.

Fair enough, everybody's entitled to their opinions, lets just hope you can come to terms with the changes as we need every fan we can, by the way, sorry for your loss.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:46 am

Dazzy im not posting to question your love for cardiff city.
But i think your letting it bother you to much.
Mate its still cardiff city none of us wanted the change of colour and badge but most have learned to accept it.
Ive watched city since 1982 so not exactly a glory hunter i loved cardiff city it was my life and all i looked forward to but these days although i still love the city i treat it as a hobby.
Get down there and watch the team and try not to let it bother you so much.. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:47 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

Dazzy im not posting to question your love for cardiff city.
But i think your letting it bother you to much.
Mate its still cardiff city none of us wanted the change of colour and badge but most have learned to accept it.
Ive watched city since 1982 so not exactly a glory hunter i loved cardiff city it was my life and all i looked forward to but these days although i still love the city i treat it as a hobby.
Get down there and watch the team and try not to let it bother you so much.. :ayatollah:

I will take your advice on board mate :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Dazzy, change the record mate. Seriously. How can you not be enjoying the football at the moment?

I've been watching Cardiff since the early 90's and I can't remember a season where I've been looking forward to the next game so much. I literally can't wait for the next game. I understand you're not happy about the rebrand but it's just all getting a little boring now. It's happened and you need to try and deal with it.

How about trying to support Cardiff again and enjoying the top class football and watching us get promotion to the premiership?

Ever read green eggs and ham when you were a kid?

Try it, you might like it mate!

:ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Welcome back mate, I know how passionate you are and look forward to seeing you down and having a pint. Sorry to hear of your loss also puts things into perspective mate for sure. Blue Army :ayatollah: