Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wood burning stove

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 pm

I know there was a thread on here a while back, as anyone got any info on cost and suppliers, or can you get a better deal from the Internet, and then get someone to fit.

Re: Wood burning stove

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:41 pm

We bought one from somewhere in Scotland off the net, have a good look because the prices can vary enormous;y.ours cost around £400 and then we had someone to fit the flue and that separately, you want to think about getting one with a back boiler to not waste all that heat, cost a fair bit more but pays for itself in months.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Gwyn, we have a woodburning stove, bought an ecofan to use with it last year. They are abit pricey but well worth the money send the heat all around the room :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:36 am

you get what u pay for but you can get really good deals on the stoves.
The serious part is the installation and the Flue. Can be dangerous if not done properly.
The installer should be HETAS approved.
New regulations about flues came out this week.
To connect a back boiler to the stove - u would need the right kind of stove, the back boiler st suite and pipes and radiators to run from the back of the stove.

If u just want the stove with no hassle of running pipes etc, then ecofan would be good too.
You will need a supply of good logs/wood/brickets that are dry and burn well.

U can't fit a stove on carpet and need a good space around it in case of splutter and sparks from the burning when door open.

I know 1 or 2 installers if you want good quality/ value jobs.

I train and inspect installers for all renewables - there's a lot of shite about but good ones around too.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:21 am

eddiep wrote:you get what u pay for but you can get really good deals on the stoves.
The serious part is the installation and the Flue. Can be dangerous if not done properly.
The installer should be HETAS approved.
New regulations about flues came out this week.
To connect a back boiler to the stove - u would need the right kind of stove, the back boiler st suite and pipes and radiators to run from the back of the stove.

If u just want the stove with no hassle of running pipes etc, then ecofan would be good too.
You will need a supply of good logs/wood/brickets that are dry and burn well.

U can't fit a stove on carpet and need a good space around it in case of splutter and sparks from the burning when door open.

I know 1 or 2 installers if you want good quality/ value jobs.

I train and inspect installers for all renewables - there's a lot of shite about but good ones around too.

Thanks a lot, just getting as much info at the moment as I can, regarding cost, installation, I've. Been reading up on burners in conservatories, do you have any experience on the subject?
Cheers