No votes
Steptoe and Son
No votes
The Office
2%
Other!
5%

Total votes : 83

Re: The best ever British Sitcom ever Poll!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:01 pm

The best thing about Only Fools is that every average British man can relate to it in someway and at sometime in their life has had similar experiences to Rodney and Del Boy.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:02 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Feck me, genius. Keeping Up The Appearance! Is that the Pakistani version??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Pakistani version, now THAT made me laugh... ever thought of writing a sitcom? :lol:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Fawlty towers for me, simply the best and funniest. Not one bad episode and a massive shame they didn't continue it for a further series as it definitely had legs. By far the greatest character ever created was Basil Fawlty plus he looked a lot like my father. The Lord Melberry episode is bloody brilliant.

Honourable mention to Dads Army and Yes minister which you have deemed not to be good enough to include in your poll. I have to say that Only Fools and Horses is fantastic due to its longevity while remaining at a very high standard, no one dislikes Only Fools and Horses and it remains one of the few sitcoms where you actually care for the characters as it had a solid storyline throughout, most sitcoms are relentless in attaining cheap laughs rather than invest in characters and storylines.

:old: :old: :old:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm the biggest ever fools and horses fan.......but if you take into account what John Cleese achieved with fawlty towers in only a few episodes, I voted for fawlty towers....it's just simply comedy genius. Amazing

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:50 am

Only fools, fawlty towers and Alf Garnett all superb stuff :lol: