Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NOW THATS PRESSURE '

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Just watched the sky interview with Steve Kean after Blackburn lost to Boro at home 2-1, he was told by the owners that they wanted 16pts from their first 7 games and they've only got 14. Also the fans are on his back no matter what. Be shocked if he is sacked, being top of the table(temp), but football is a cruel game sometimes. I think he deserves till Xmas at least.

I know VT expects Malky to get us top 2 by the end of this season, but I dont think he has any where near the pressure Kean has and at least Malky has our fans on his side.

Re: ' NOW THATS PRESSURE '

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just watched the sky interview with Steve Kean after Blackburn lost to Boro at home 2-1, he was told by the owners that they wanted 16pts from their first 7 games and they've only got 14. Also the fans are on his back no matter what. Be shocked if he is sacked, being top of the table(temp), but football is a cruel game sometimes. I think he deserves till Xmas at least.

I know VT expects Malky to get us top 2 by the end of this season, but I dont think he has any where near the pressure Kean has and at least Malky has our fans on his side.

I agree Annis the pressure Kean is under is unbelievable :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just watched the sky interview with Steve Kean after Blackburn lost to Boro at home 2-1, he was told by the owners that they wanted 16pts from their first 7 games and they've only got 14. Also the fans are on his back no matter what. Be shocked if he is sacked, being top of the table(temp), but football is a cruel game sometimes. I think he deserves till Xmas at least.

There were a number of fans wanting malky out only a few weeks ago, how mad was that

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Just saw the interview myself Annis. To be honest, don't know how Steve Keane handles it. I know he's probably on good money, but does he need the hassle? For Blackburn Rovers?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Like carl said earlier. If keane stays then blackburn won't be top 2....let's hope he don't get the sack then cos that's them out of the running if he stays. Only blackpool and brighton and maybe hull to worry about then imo.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm not sure about this. The Blackburn fans expectations seem far too high. IMHO they should thank their lucky stars they've had 20 years at the top. Its a small town with support which this season is being shown up as pretty poor.

However it does look like Kean stabbed Allardyce in the back, so maybe he shouldn't complain about the fans not liking him ?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

I'm not sure about this. The Blackburn fans expectations seem far too high. IMHO they should thank their lucky stars they've had 20 years at the top. Its a small town with support which this season is being shown up as pretty poor.

However it does look like Kean stabbed Allardyce in the back, so maybe he shouldn't complain about the fans not liking him ?

Agreed. Annis mentioned there's no apparent pressure on Malky, so let's hope that Kean and others buckle under the pressure on them. It's all looking good, at the moment. Shame about Maynard, obviously, but we don't have to let it affect us too much.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

way too high expectations .don,t think keane is on big sam,s christmas card list :lol:

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:52 pm

can some just brief me on why blacburn hate him so much, was it performances or something more? Honestly not sure...

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:can some just brief me on why blacburn hate him so much, was it performances or something more? Honestly not sure...

they turned on him before xmas last year.suppose results would be to blame but they are top of champ now.steve keane thought he might be winning them over :lol: there was an article in a lancs paper about steve keanes rise to fame there and why he may of got the job.i,ll try and find it

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:can some just brief me on why blacburn hate him so much, was it performances or something more? Honestly not sure...

if you google blackburn gazzete and put steve keane in there is a story about glasgow gangsters and the ownership of the club.could be all charlie hollix .tbf it all sounds barking .if there is any truth in it then they are a messily run club.that bloke has took some stick this last year :shock:

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:47 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8099089/

Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:06 am

THE PRESSURES ON NORWICH

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:33 am

i heard a blackburn fan on talksport saying that he wished they had lost the first 4 games so kean would of been gone by now
that is just cfrazy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:43 am

Kean is 100% certain to get the sack if you ask me the only question is when. I really don't think the owners at Blackburn could do anymore to back him, I mean £8m for Rhodes when PL clubs were offering less than a half of that speaks volumes. Also admiting he signed other players having only watched them on dvd speaks volumes about the guy.

I hope Blackburn actually keep on backing him for the rest of the season because that will open up the top two places for other clubs but I really can't see him surviving beyond October.

But when it comes to pressure I think Jewell will start feeling the heat if Ipswich don't beat Charlton at home today.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:19 am

castleblue wrote:Kean is 100% certain to get the sack if you ask me the only question is when. I really don't think the owners at Blackburn could do anymore to back him, I mean £8m for Rhodes when PL clubs were offering less than a half of that speaks volumes. Also admiting he signed other players having only watched them on dvd speaks volumes about the guy.

I hope Blackburn actually keep on backing him for the rest of the season because that will open up the top two places for other clubs but I really can't see him surviving beyond October.

But when it comes to pressure I think Jewell will start feeling the heat if Ipswich don't beat Charlton at home today.

I agree with all the above, unbelievable pressure, I know he's a dick and earning millions, but I felt dead sorry for him yesterday watching that interview and hearing the fans screaming for him to be sacked.

I work withal Bolton fan, moved to Cardiff years ago but still goes back for some games, he reckons Coyle is also under pressure. He says they hate the way they are playing, and they have Shef Wed today and Blackburn next week, he reckons they won't tolerate defeat to Blackburn and he will go if they lose, what a game that will be a local derby, with the losing manager facing the sack!!!!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:06 pm

castleblue wrote:Kean is 100% certain to get the sack if you ask me the only question is when. I really don't think the owners at Blackburn could do anymore to back him, I mean £8m for Rhodes when PL clubs were offering less than a half of that speaks volumes. Also admiting he signed other players having only watched them on dvd speaks volumes about the guy.

Seeing how well Venkys have done with appointing managers so far I wouldn't be too surprised if they gave Jewell the job :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:45 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19696740

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:51 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19696740

Nicked that from my thread Tony :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

I left the board to see the latest news - posted the link and then found out you posted before me mate :oops:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:33 pm

I've heard rumours he's being sacked today (Monday)

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I left the board to see the latest news - posted the link and then found out you posted before me mate :oops:

:lol:

No worries mate :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:17 pm

shearer will get the job :old: :old:

Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Just me imagining a 'NOW THATS WHAT I CALL PRESSURE' cd cover with Steve Kean?

Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:51 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Just me imagining a 'NOW THATS WHAT I CALL PRESSURE' cd cover with Steve Kean?

:lol: :lol: