Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Need employment advice

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:44 pm

I been working at a pub for the last two months, however some money went missing from unused till floats which where left in the office , i didnt even know , i was asked to do training in the office on the pc which i did, n while i did it about 4 members of staffed poped in for various reason one member was in their for 20 mintues with me , now one day later a manager counted the till floats up and they where down , now on the day , i was in the office doing training and 4 other members of staffed went into the office at different times , their is no camreas in the office just one on the enrtance to see who goes in and who goes out , now i only been their two months, and i am worried because i am new i will get the sack !! i am not a theif and would never do it in my life !! where do i stand !1

Thank you

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Need employment advice

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Mate unless you have been there for a year you have no legal employment rights at all and can be dismissed for any reason unless its disability or racially motivated or u are pregnant

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:11 pm

But they would not be able to prove it was me because i never did it , and also on cctv into the office you can see me and atleast 5 other staff beeing in that office on that day, so can i be the only one sacked for it ?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 pm

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:But they would not be able to prove it was me because i never did it , and also on cctv into the office you can see me and atleast 5 other staff beeing in that office on that day, so can i be the only one sacked for it ?

You can get sacked at any point for no reason, a friend of mine just experienced it.

But obviously if the guilty party is found out they can get sacked too...

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:19 pm

CraigMc wrote:
RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:But they would not be able to prove it was me because i never did it , and also on cctv into the office you can see me and atleast 5 other staff beeing in that office on that day, so can i be the only one sacked for it ?

You can get sacked at any point for no reason, a friend of mine just experienced it.

But sure that would be unfair dismal , i know a company doesnt need 99% proof like a court does, but if it could be one out of five members of staff and i was dismissed surley that is unfair dismal because they cant prove with reasonable doubt it was me and not any one eles

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:21 pm

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:
CraigMc wrote:

But sure that would be unfair dismal , i know a company doesnt need 99% proof like a court does, but if it could be one out of five members of staff and i was dismissed surley that is unfair dismal because they cant prove with reasonable doubt it was me and not any one eles

Sadly no. You can only claim unfair dismissal after a years service. They can get rid of you for ANY reason at all even after probation in the first year. Trust me I've practiced employment law as a solicitor

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Hopefully they will get who did it so you are not in the frame though

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Any reason , so if they got rid of me they would have to sack every one eles aswel as that would surley be signleing me out , as they cant prove which member of staff it was ?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:27 pm

No mate they could get rid of you and say "sorry it's not working out" they don't even need to give a reason. I know it sounds harsh bud but legally that's what they can do

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:28 pm

so either way im up shits creek without a paddle to piss in lol

thanks anyway matey

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Within 12 months of commencing employment you can be dismissed for ANY reason, or even no reason - the company can just state that you are "unsuitable". Under current legislation they are not required to substantiate that reason with evidence. Best they find the guilty party!

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:31 pm

If they get rid of you with no proof, f**k them. Not the sort of company you want to be working for

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 pm

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:Any reason , so if they got rid of me they would have to sack every one eles aswel as that would surley be signleing me out , as they cant prove which member of staff it was ?

Sadly that is the way the law works. You have NO rights as you have been there less than a year, as has been explained a few times already.

Good luck, hope it works out. Never nice to see anyone lose a job.