Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Virgin Broadband Outage - AGAIN

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Anyone else in Cardiff (CF5) having issues with their broadband?

It was out two weeks ago for about 6 days on and off. It has been out a day this time with the estimated fix moving back all the time.

Pay top dollar for superfast broadband and over the last few weeks it's hardly worked.

Re: Virgin Broadband Outage - AGAIN

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Wayne S wrote:Anyone else in Cardiff (CF5) having issues with their broadband?

It was out two weeks ago for about 6 days on and off. It has been out a day this time with the estimated fix moving back all the time.

Pay top dollar for superfast broadband and over the last few weeks it's hardly worked.

ring them up and complain about the service you are receiving and say you are thinking of going to another supplier. if they don't offer you a discount i will be suprised. a few people i know have done that and have had either discounts or the service offered for free for a month or 2. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:36 pm

saddam wrote:

ring them up and complain about the service you are receiving and say you are thinking of going to another supplier. if they don't offer you a discount i will be suprised. a few people i know have done that and have had either discounts or the service offered for free for a month or 2. :ayatollah:

I am getting bits and bobs taken off my bill for the outage time, but I do not have any options in switching and they know this. Sky and BT are still only able to give me 4mb (No BT Infinity until 2013)

Over a barrel if I want high enough speeds to run 4 media servers accessing iplayers and netflix. :evil:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:50 pm

been having this problem for weeks now in cf5 :evil: I have called them every day, they keep changing the day its going to be fixed. so i go to through to the department that says ; if your thinking of leaving us press whatever, then i get nasty with them
they always put me through to an engineer, who by magic gets it working ok again :shock: they are now getting fed up with me calling all the time, so last week had a call off them 'please dont call us again just give us 7 days to sort problem out, then you wont have anymore probs :o so far so good :D

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:07 pm

drivingblue wrote:been having this problem for weeks now in cf5 :evil: I have called them every day, they keep changing the day its going to be fixed. so i go to through to the department that says ; if your thinking of leaving us press whatever, then i get nasty with them
they always put me through to an engineer, who by magic gets it working ok again :shock: they are now getting fed up with me calling all the time, so last week had a call off them 'please dont call us again just give us 7 days to sort problem out, then you wont have anymore probs :o so far so good :D

I'm up to 15 quid off my current bill. Last week I had a two hour call with an engineer while he tried to sort out the wireless. He took control of my laptop and 2 hours later told me my wireless adapter in my laptop was out of date. I said thank you for your time all you have to sort out now is why I also have no wireless capability with two iPhones, a blackberry, one iPad, two Xboxes, a PS3 and two media streamers ............. He then said he would send me a new router.

Another annoyance is although its only the broadband that is out the superhub will not work as a plain old router so i can watch a film on my network. You tell them your setup and they soon ramp the call up the line, they are useless.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:27 pm

on one my of calls to them last week they told me they would send me an engineer because the fault was at my end
they called me back 2 hours later saying they have cancelled him because they found a fault at there end :?

they are useless :x

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Awful Internet.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Awful Internet.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Awful Internet.

When it works, it's great. But you soon realise how reliant you are on it when it is not there.

I currently have my 3g phone plugged into the laptop just to get online.

I'm a bit peeved with BT they made a big fuss of BT Infinity coming to Cardiff a few years back and my exchange still doesn't get upgraded until late 2013.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Wayne S wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Awful Internet.

When it works, it's great. But you soon realise how reliant you are on it when it is not there.

I currently have my 3g phone plugged into the laptop just to get online.

I'm a bit peeved with BT they made a big fuss of BT Infinity coming to Cardiff a few years back and my exchange still doesn't get upgraded until late 2013.

I'm forever setting my router.
But yes when it works its gd.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:52 pm

my inlaws live in cf5, and they have not had any virgin tv either..

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

My on demand an recorded stuff won't work :twisted:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

poor service for the price you have to pay.

good job we cant get virgin (wirgin) up here in the sticks! but living so close to the bt exchange im more than happy with the speed of my internet.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Maybe not the best time to admit I work for Virgin Media then!

Sales not technical stuff sorry guys!

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Just checked the service status for you and they say it'll be working 10am tomorrow. I'd be straight on the phone mate complaining and get some sorta reduction on your bill :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

good job we cant get virgin (wirgin) up here in the sticks! but living so close to the bt exchange im more than happy with the speed of my internet.

The bill in my house is over £100 a month as well :twisted:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:40 pm

frosty_x wrote:Just checked the service status for you and they say it'll be working 10am tomorrow. I'd be straight on the phone mate complaining and get some sorta reduction on your bill :ayatollah:

This morning they said it would be working by 13.30 :old:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

£100 quid :shock:

ive got sky hd, multiroom, internet and telephone for less than 70 quid at the moment.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:44 pm

I had outage last Friday in cf14 approx 10-4, annoying to say the least. If it happens again il def be ringing up

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
frosty_x wrote:Just checked the service status for you and they say it'll be working 10am tomorrow. I'd be straight on the phone mate complaining and get some sorta reduction on your bill :ayatollah:

This morning they said it would be working by 13.30 :old:

I know, so I wouldn't hold my breath if i were you :lol:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

£100 quid :shock:

ive got sky hd, multiroom, internet and telephone for less than 70 quid at the moment.

We got a TiVo box down stairs, two V+ boxes upstairs all the channels including espn and a htc mobile phone.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:59 pm

ah, that'll be the reason!

all that tele have u got anytime for anything else?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:ah, that'll be the reason!

They had to come put an extra adapter thing on the house because we were using to much of the power :lol:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:ah, that'll be the reason!

They had to come put an extra adapter thing on the house because we were using to much of the power :lol:

dont put the kettle on then for fucksake!

is this you at xmas time??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.