Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hope the rumour isnt true..

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:09 am

but spoken to a few other city fans and there hearing maynard is out for the season, dont know who they would of heard it off but please please dont be true!!!

Re: Hope the rumour isnt true..

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:14 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:but spoken to a few other city fans and there hearing maynard is out for the season, dont know who they would of heard it off but please please dont be true!!!

Yeah, i've just heared the same, we'll have to wait for official news from the club.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 am

If true, I would have thought a dip into the loan market for a target man would be on the cards.

Hope Maynard is okay though, he's done very well here so far.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:25 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:but spoken to a few other city fans and there hearing maynard is out for the season, dont know who they would of heard it off but please please dont be true!!!

That's not good if true, :(

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:32 am

Some have said he was seen walking to his car without crutches after training yesterday which indicates nothing serious and would MM let earnie go if he was a striker down for the whole season?

Guess we'll have to wait for an official announement.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:33 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Some have said he was seen walking to his car without crutches after training yesterday which indicates nothing serious and would MM let earnie go if he was a striker down for the whole season?

Guess we'll have to wait for an official announement.

fair point

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:37 am

Letting Earnie go frees up a big chunk of wages we can use to get a better striker on loan to replace Maynard. Sadly, Earnie isn't good enough these days for us.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Out till xmas but may be back sooner hopefully

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:40 pm

You asked the question CraigCCFC ...would Mackay have let Earnshaw go if he knew Maynard was out for most of the season,i will simply say yes he would and has done,that indicates to me how little regard Mackay had for Earnshaw's ability

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:43 pm

angelis49 wrote:You asked the question CraigCCFC ...would Mackay have let Earnshaw go if he knew Maynard was out for most of the season,i will simply say yes he would and has done,that indicates to me how little regard Mackay had for Earnshaw's ability

True. Let's give it a few games, see if we score goals (which we probably will) and then decide if we need another striker or not.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:19 pm

If you rupture an anterior cruciate then you will be out for most of a season at least :cry: And i know what its like i have ruptured both and my medial :o :cry: