Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What defines a club legend?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:50 am

.These days the word legend is used all to frequently where footballers are concerned, so what in your honest opinions do you think makes a club legend.

Re: What defines a club legend?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:04 am

longevity, mixed with sucess

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:12 am

paulh_85 wrote:longevity, mixed with sucess

agree with this..

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:19 am

Appearances, Iconic footballing moment, loyalty

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 am

SCORES AGAINST SWANSEA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:23 am

A variety of things. Commitment and excellent t displays - a never give up attitude. Iconic moments eg Bellers against Swansea.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:07 am

earnie

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 am

Interesting to see that scoring against your bitter rivals gets a mention, ie bellamy, that in my eyes is his job and should in no way give him legendary status. I see long service with appearences, goal scoring totals over time or record total in a season and loyalty to a club through thick and thin .

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:30 am

whenthemoonshines wrote:Interesting to see that scoring against your bitter rivals gets a mention, ie bellamy, that in my eyes is his job and should in no way give him legendary status. I see long service with appearences, goal scoring totals over time or record total in a season and loyalty to a club through thick and thin .

yep. for me, take kevin mcnaughton and whittenham. Have been here for years, played in two cup finals and a playoff final and have 500(?) appearances between them

If they help take us up then surely they would go down as club ledgends

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:35 am

Whitts has got to go down as a club legend especially if he takes us up.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:45 am

Bellamy has the added status of hometown boy coming home. Dropping down a level to play for us etc.

The manner in which Bellamy scored his winner against Swansea - in the last few minutes with a screamer in their own back yard.. All helps.

Notice Chopra doesn't get mentioned - yet he scored a 92nd minute winner against the Jacks.

As I said, it's a combination of things - not necessarily the most gifted players etc..

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:45 am

Phil Dwyer :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: