Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MP::"RACISM IN FOOTBALL A SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM"

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:33 pm

After today's damning report on Racism and Homophobia In Football commissioned by our crackerjack, life-experienced and incorruptible MP's I have arrived at the following conclusions to make everyone happy.

1. All teams 3rd kit should be Rainbow coloured to ensure that we always represent all the races of the world which includes pink just in case any gays are upset. I also think that the logo should incorporate a design that includes every religious belief on the planet just in case any Moony, Scientologist or Fatwa-crying nutter feels left out. I also suggest that the kit has a "bright green trim" to prevent us from upsetting any alien invaders in the future. OK that's race, religion, sex and alien life sorted.

2. MP's who are clearly really not interested or involved in football stop spending our fecking money on completely inaccurate shite reports that are an attempt to get votes from the sections that they claim are being victimised by football. Or just feck off pretending that they are doing a job. Bet this "report" cost a fortune too. Or their intern researchers were up googling all night making it up.

Read this and weep if you haven't seen it:-

BBC News - "Racism in football still a significant problem, says MPs' report"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19646430

MP's - concentrate on getting this country back on track and stop inventing problems that clearly do not exist and trying to get cheap populist votes to help preserve your easy £85k PA and final salary pension.

Makes my fecking blood boil this drivel. Week in and week out on terraces, playing and amateur coaching, I do not see racism or homophobia as a "serious problem" within football in the UK. Or is it just me?

Interested in your honest opinions as actual football fans as messageboard opinions get picked up?

Re: MP::"RACISM IN FOOTBALL A SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM"

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 pm

But there is always the issue of gay footballers who are scared to "comeout" which I wholly understand, as I am sure they would face a hard time from media/fans and other players

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:But there is always the issue of gay footballers who are scared to "comeout" which I wholly understand, as I am sure they would face a hard time from media/fans and other players

I agree! I think ronaldo should come out and lead by example for all the other poof footballers to come out of the closet. Bet there's fukin loads lol

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 pm

llanrumney'boi wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:But there is always the issue of gay footballers who are scared to "comeout" which I wholly understand, as I am sure they would face a hard time from media/fans and other players

I agree! I think ronaldo should come out and lead by example for all the other poof footballers to come out of the closet. Bet there's fukin loads lol

I totally agree

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't think football had a racism problem. Society yes but I hear minimal racist comments in football, especially when you consider the amount of people at games.

llanrumney'boi wrote:

Statistically has to be loads, quite sad but understandable they don't come out.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't think football had a racism problem. Society yes but I hear minimal racist comments in football, especially when you consider the amount of people at games.

llanrumney'boi wrote:

Statistically has to be loads, quite sad but understandable they don't come out.

Yes true would be difficult for thr first player to openly say they were gay

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Rio Ferdinand is the last player to be found guilty of racism Hmmm