Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TOMMY SMITH = CLASS ACT!!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Never rated him as all that.

What a clueless c**t I am

Re: TOMMY SMITH = CLASS ACT!!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:28 pm

taffyapple wrote:Never rated him as all that.

What a clueless c**t I am

i dont think many of us did to be honest. think he has exceeded expectations, however stan qpr did state would he would bring to the squad and he has.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Without wishing to sound a smartarse ive always rated him.

Clever player, doesnt give possesuon away cheaply, and with his experience hes great for this level. A good signing.

Making Paulh85 eat his words so far anyway

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Will admit, I was one of the sceptical ones. Not fukin sceptical about him signing anymore though ffs he's been a diamond for us

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:55 pm

He scored an own goal tonight for Ipswich tonight :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:59 pm

It always amazes me how people write off players before they see them play for the club.

We only have to go back a month and some people didn't want Smith and he was a waste a money and thought we should sell Witts :roll:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It always amazes me how people write off players before they see them play for the club.

We only have to go back a month and some people didn't want Smith and he was a waste a money and thought we should sell Witts :roll:

I dont think it's about writing players off before theyve played for the club, its about judging them based on what you've seen previously at other clubs and what you feel our squad/needs at the time.

Nobody believed more than me that we did not need Tommy Smith based on the cover we already had in that position, and that he would offer a lot less than what we already have, but i'm happy to admit i've been proved totally wrong. :ayatollah:

It's like if we signed a 30-year-old reserve who couldnt get into a League 2 team for example, anyone with half a brain would "write him off" as you put it, or think he's not what we need, but football's all about opinions and if you get proved wrong for the good of your club like in Smith's case then great. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:50 am

2blue2handle wrote:It always amazes me how people write off players before they see them play for the club.

I certainly never wrote him off. I just thought he'd be a 'useful experienced' addition
to the squad. He's now one of our best players. I love the way he gives himself space and
brings other players into the game

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:52 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Without wishing to sound a smartarse ive always rated him.

Clever player, doesnt give possesuon away cheaply, and with his experience hes great for this level. A good signing.

Making Paulh85 eat his words so far anyway

yes, :lol:

i didnt think he was needed here but hes started really well to be fair.

you are always in the right to be fair polo..... :?

p.s. you can call me Paul

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:21 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
you are always in the right to be fair polo..... :?

l

You should know by now I am ALWAYS in the right even when im wrong :lol:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 am

quite right there, just go back a few weeks and the call was, "malky out,, bellers is a waste of time, sack hudson as skipper ect" and we are going backwards by signing smith, now the same people are hero worshiping them, sorry but to me loyalty is unconditional, stick with them through good and bad. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 am

The reason I didnt want him when he was touted was I thought we already had players like him but Im happy to say I was completely wrong. Hes a cracking footballer