Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sheffield Wednesday vs Huddersfield

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:10 pm

here is a link to a club ststement issued after the game. i guess some of the fans were not happy :o :shock:
http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/club ... 78954.aspx
and Sam Salim refered to the officials as Sunday league 1's and still has In Dave Jones I Trust as his signature

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:17 pm

saddam wrote:here is a link to a club ststement issued after the game. i guess some of the fans were not happy :o :shock:
and Sam Salim refered to the officials as Sunday league 1's and still has In Dave Jones I Trust as his signature

A quid for kids and Bolton at home on Saturday might see them bounce back, cheered on by a large crowd. They need to, they're 17th.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
saddam wrote:here is a link to a club ststement issued after the game. i guess some of the fans were not happy :o :shock:

A quid for kids and Bolton at home on Saturday might see them bounce back, cheered on by a large crowd. They need to, they're 17th.

bolton with perhaps the strongest squad in the division,cant see sheff wed get anything at the weekend

Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Wednesday weren't great last night but if you look at the facts we had more shots on and off target, equal possession and had 2 penalties against us.

The first penalty was clumsy from Jermain Johnson but a bit harsh. The 2nd was ridiculous - it was ball to hand with no time Rhys McCabe to react, the ref initially waved play on (after seeing it) then the lineman (who had a far worse view) waved for it and the ref then gave it - game over.

Our fans were pretty terrible too last night with getting on the players backs if we passed it along the back 4 or didn't chase a lost cause. Jay Bothroyd wasn't brilliant but didn't deserve the booing he got from some sections of the Wednesday crowd.

All in all, a miserable night for the Owls.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Pete_Owlsfan wrote:Wednesday weren't great last night but if you look at the facts we had more shots on and off target, equal possession and had 2 penalties against us.

The first penalty was clumsy from Jermain Johnson but a bit harsh. The 2nd was ridiculous - it was ball to hand with no time Rhys McCabe to react, the ref initially waved play on (after seeing it) then the lineman (who had a far worse view) waved for it and the ref then gave it - game over.

Our fans were pretty terrible too last night with getting on the players backs if we passed it along the back 4 or didn't chase a lost cause. Jay Bothroyd wasn't brilliant but didn't deserve the booing he got from some sections of the Wednesday crowd.

Why was Jay booed. Fans will always be devided on Jay because he has the skills but is a right lazy barsteward.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Magners wrote:
Pete_Owlsfan wrote:Wednesday weren't great last night but if you look at the facts we had more shots on and off target, equal possession and had 2 penalties against us.

Why was Jay booed. Fans will always be devided on Jay because he has the skills but is a right lazy barsteward.

Because he didn't either score or run around like a headless chicken chasing dead balls. There were quite a few singing for Chris O'Grady to replace him which I thought was disgraceful for a guy making his home debut.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:49 pm

jay seems to have an amazing knack of getting on peoples tits even when hes not doing anything wrong