Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TAYLOR: DEFENCE KEY TO PROGRESSION

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:54 am

www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk

Andrew Taylor praised his team-mates for Tuesday' win at Millwall - citing a solid base as key to realising potential.
City secured their third straight win at the New Den, moving to within just a point of table-topping Blackburn Rovers.

"I think it was a deserved victory tonight," said the full-back. "This is a tough place to come and play; the crowd get behind their team and they make it difficult.

"But we showed character, defended great and deserved the goals. I think we've been very good as a back five against Leeds and Millwall. To get the clean sheet tonight gave us the opportunity to build on a base and win the game.

"We've got so much quality in attack now that keeping a clean sheet gives us a great opportunity of going on to win games.

"We've now won three games in a row and the key to promotion is consistency. Hopefully we can continue this winning form against Palace on Saturday, but there's a long way to go. Having said that, it's important that we've been able to put down a marker to the League early on and show we mean business.

"We have to go to Palace with confidence. We'll have to be at our very best again, but at the end of the day, if our quality holds and we do things right, then we can come out winners again."

Re: TAYLOR: DEFENCE KEY TO PROGRESSION

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:45 pm

We've been excellent as a back five against Wolves, Leeds and now Wall!!!

Defence IS the key to promotion, said it all along and I'm never wrong, ever.

Sometimes