Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Debate

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:26 am

Everyone who knows me on here,knows that i love nothing more than an informed debate,so i want to start a double header debate............first of all,i want to play devils advocate...in your opinion,does Mackay have enough ability and imagination to get the most out of,in my opinion,one of the strongest squads we have ever had,it is my own opinion that Mackay is a two dimensional manager,who's first instinct is not to lose a game,where i would prefer his first instinct to be, to win a game,i think his knee jerk reaction will always be defensive,and also his willingness to play hoof football.completely negating a very talented midfield,is very concerning,whats your opinion?...second debate i would like to start...do you think policemen and policewomen be routinely armed and the death penalty brought back for a certain category of murder,again what is your opinion?

Re: Debate

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:29 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92867

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:52 am

1) Malky's a very good manager who is still learning, in my opinion.

2) No, the death penalty is never right. Instead we should look at extensive reform of the penal system.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:26 am

angelis49 wrote:Everyone who knows me on here,knows that i love nothing more than an informed debate,so i want to start a double header debate............first of all,i want to play devils advocate...in your opinion,does Mackay have enough ability and imagination to get the most out of,in my opinion,one of the strongest squads we have ever had,it is my own opinion that Mackay is a two dimensional manager,who's first instinct is not to lose a game,where i would prefer his first instinct to be, to win a game,i think his knee jerk reaction will always be defensive,and also his willingness to play hoof football.completely negating a very talented midfield,is very concerning,whats your opinion?...second debate i would like to start...do you think policemen and policewomen be routinely armed and the death penalty brought back for a certain category of murder,again what is your opinion?

I think the image we have of malky being a bit on the negetive/defensive side comes down to the cards (players + squad) that he had to play with last season, afterall, look at the watford team he had the season before he joined us, they were very, very entertaining to watch, there is no question that malky likes to build his teams from the back and base everything on work ethic, but now this season he has some serious fire power to go with it, did you notice last night, he had three strikers on the bench, so i think we are in for some high scoring games this season, as for the squad, it's the best i've seen in the 41 years i've followed the city.
In my opinion, any pre meditated murder which has the back up of DNA proof should end in the animals losing their lives, bt i'm against arming the police on the beat.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:40 am

1. Not long ago I would have said no, a big no. I have not moved from that opinion much but I'm going to reassess it in a few more games because now he has a good squad with quality in depth. He also has history of producing a good perrforming team such as Watford but this time I believe the squad he has is better. The signs have been positive but his real test is about to come. Will he be able to keep the good times consistant even if we have a bad day at the office or will a bad result extend to a month or more of not winning like it was under DJ? I would imagine we will find out soon.

2. No we should not bring back the death penalty. No one has the right to take anyones life regardless what they have done. However making someones life hell is a different matter.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:06 pm

1. The jury's still out on Malky.

2. No, to the death penalty and no, to routinely arming the British police force that has a history of corruption and ineptitude.

It was an awful thing that those two women were murdered yesterday, but we can't have any knee-jerk reactions.

Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone R.I.P.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:1. The jury's still out on Malky.

2. No, to the death penalty and no, to routinely arming the British police force that has a history of corruption and ineptitude.

It was an awful thing that those two women were murdered yesterday, but we can't have any knee-jerk reactions.

malky,s learning.got to say i wondered if he could handle flair and being on the front foot so to speak.seems he,s doing ok with the hightened expectations and the flair at his disposil.agree with 2nd part.maybe the laws giving bail to people on shooting offences are what needs to be looked at more here.certain cops having guns i,m ok with.times ,places etc.in the main i,d say no.airports and other high risk security then i,d say yes.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:1. The jury's still out on Malky.

death penalty -prob a no from me but life in prison should be life and it doesn,t have to be cushy